05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

New Strut Tower Caps....Ton O Pics....

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/08, 10:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Strut Tower Caps....Ton O Pics....

So I found a bit different set of strut tower caps, and decided to give them a go. These come from NDZ Performance, which is where we got the interior items for Karen's Bullitt....

The caps are of extremely nice quality, heavy, and well made. As you can see from the attached advertisement picture from them, they have 4 different center cap inserts available, as well as 4 different colored caps. The pics below show a test run on Karen's Bullitt, as well as the final application on my 05. The final set for the Bullitt will have the Bullitt logo inlay....Note....On the Bullitt, all four nut caps thread on fine, where on the 05, the two nut caps on the strut brace side, will not thread, but will need to be secured with some sort of adhesive situation. Obviously, the strut bolts on the Bullitt are a tad longer, in anticipation of the factory strut tower brace...

I also went ahead and got the matching AC Valve Covers as well. I think they go very nice with the Bullitt Strut Tower Brace...

Old 9/2/08, 11:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those look real nice, might get a set myself
Old 9/3/08, 03:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

I like it!

Got a LINK ?
Old 9/3/08, 06:40 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have not been a fan of any of the strut tower caps, until now that is. Those actually look pretty darn good.
Old 9/3/08, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks guys!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...8737QQtcZphoto
Old 9/3/08, 05:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey bud, those look terrific. Love the blue anodized ones! I just got one question (more of a favor to ask)? Is there any chance you can measure the width of the bottoms of one of the small caps and the large center one? I ask, as I want to see if they are the same size (they seem to be) as the ones from UPR that I already have. I got a few scratches under the ones I have and the UPR ones hide them nicely. This would be great if they were the same size. If you could do this, I would appreicate it. Thanks a bunch.
Old 9/3/08, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey bud, those look terrific. Love the blue anodized ones! I just got one question (more of a favor to ask)? Is there any chance you can measure the width of the bottoms of one of the small caps and the large center one? I ask, as I want to see if they are the same size (they seem to be) as the ones from UPR that I already have. I got a few scratches under the ones I have and the UPR ones hide them nicely. This would be great if they were the same size. If you could do this, I would appreicate it. Thanks a bunch.

Not a problem.....The large caps have a base of 2 3/8 inches, and the nut caps have a base of 1".

Mike
Old 9/3/08, 09:09 PM
Cobra Member

Those do look nice. I'm also checking out the other stuff they make.
Old 9/3/08, 09:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Got Oatz
Not a problem.....The large caps have a base of 2 3/8 inches, and the nut caps have a base of 1".

Mike
Thanks a ton Mike. Gonna go and measure the UPR caps I have tomorrow morning (car is not parked where I live, but at my folks place in my dad's garage). If the size is the same, I'm getting a set ASAP!! Thanks again dude.
Old 9/3/08, 09:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Those look great Mike.

Did you have to glue down the ones over the strut tower brace?
Old 9/3/08, 10:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Those look great Mike.

Did you have to glue down the ones over the strut tower brace?
If you have a strut tower brace, then yes on the regular GT. But on the Bullitt, the strut tower bolts are longer from the factory, due to the factory installed strut tower brace. So on a Bullitt, all four will thread right up. On my GT, I will need to secure the two innermost caps with silicone.....

Oh, Jeff, not a problem....anytime!!

Mike
Old 9/3/08, 10:30 PM
Cobra Member

Those do look great.
Old 9/4/08, 12:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Lookin' sharp Mike!
Old 9/4/08, 04:07 PM
V6 Member

They do look nice. I'm going to check them out. Thanks.
Old 9/4/08, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Glad you guys like em....Thanks for the kudos......

Mike
Old 9/5/08, 05:30 AM
V6 Member

Those are great looking Caps,after looking at all the pic's decided to look at them in person. I live about twenty miles away from DNZ so took a ride down yesterday and was really impressed with the quality and workmanship of their products.Like the fact that they are anodized finish except for the Black powder coated ones no need to buff them ever. They come with O rings and the inside is threaded so they screw down tight to the spring tower.I had the MID-West Auto caps on the towers for a couple years and r/r with the NDZ Caps looks great.
As aside note these guys are big into Paint Ball gun after market upgrades , all machined billeted parts.All anodized parts.
Thanks Got Oatz would never have founds these caps without your posting them up.
Old 9/5/08, 06:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looking good. Way better than stock.
Old 9/5/08, 09:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by zoomerman46
Those are great looking Caps,after looking at all the pic's decided to look at them in person. I live about twenty miles away from DNZ so took a ride down yesterday and was really impressed with the quality and workmanship of their products.Like the fact that they are anodized finish except for the Black powder coated ones no need to buff them ever. They come with O rings and the inside is threaded so they screw down tight to the spring tower.I had the MID-West Auto caps on the towers for a couple years and r/r with the NDZ Caps looks great.
As aside note these guys are big into Paint Ball gun after market upgrades , all machined billeted parts.All anodized parts.
Thanks Got Oatz would never have founds these caps without your posting them up.
My pleasure....Probably a good thing I do not live that close...I have already purchased from them three times, and could spend a bunch more if they were right down the street.....

I too, was very impressed with the quality of these caps.....They match the Bullitt STB so nice....I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the MAG covers, right until I found these........

Thanks again,
Mike