05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

New CDC Chin Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/07, 11:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New CDC Chin Spoiler

Well, not "new" but redesigned you could say. I've been going back and forth with Partshopper inquiring() about an order I put in for the Classic Chin Spoiler painted flat black. I was told there was a backorder but was told my order would go through a week to week and half. Long story short...

I was told by Partshopper that CDC has changed the way they were producing the flat black spoiler from being painted black to having the plastic from which their made from be black.

Just a little FYI. Maybe you knew maybe you didn't. Either way less worries about paint chipping.
Old 4/26/07, 10:46 AM
Bullitt Member

I'd be interested in seeing the look/shade/finish. I wasn't planning on painting mine unless it needed it.
Old 4/26/07, 02:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It looks fine in black. When I first got it I thought they hadn't painted it because it was molded in black. It has the texture of the mirror housing and front grille. It goes well so no need to worry. Here's a cell phone pic. I'd post better ones but she's at the shop getting the ducktail and louvers installed.
Attached Thumbnails New CDC Chin Spoiler-cdc-classic-4.21.07.jpg  
Old 4/26/07, 08:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

When I had the CDC chin spoiler painted body color it chipped like a MF.
Old 4/26/07, 08:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Im finally recieving my CDC lip next week. 3 week wait

Originally Posted by Mas35NYR
It looks fine in black. When I first got it I thought they hadn't painted it because it was molded in black. It has the texture of the mirror housing and front grille. It goes well so no need to worry. Here's a cell phone pic. I'd post better ones but she's at the shop getting the ducktail and louvers installed.
Lucky... Im saving for the CDC ducktail spoiler also. And then some DG 1/4 window louvers and mgw shifter and...

Hah you get the idea
Old 4/27/07, 04:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JonCo
Im finally recieving my CDC lip next week. 3 week wait

Lucky... Im saving for the CDC ducktail spoiler also. And then some DG 1/4 window louvers and mgw shifter and...

Hah you get the idea
LOL I hear ya, modding is never ending I'm seeing.

Just picked her up today so here's a new pic...
Too bad the weather sucks so don't mind the dirt.
Attached Thumbnails New CDC Chin Spoiler-picture-001-large-.jpg  
Old 4/27/07, 06:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bpmurr
When I had the CDC chin spoiler painted body color it chipped like a MF.
I had my CDC Classic paint matched... they threw on multiple layers of clearcoat, and then I had a custom-made 3M clear-bra piece added on top.. that 8mil urethane is pretty **** tough
Old 4/27/07, 08:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by DoctorQ
I had my CDC Classic paint matched... they threw on multiple layers of clearcoat, and then I had a custom-made 3M clear-bra piece added on top.. that 8mil urethane is pretty **** tough
I saw a post you(or someone else) made about that clear bra. How is it holding up? And how much did you pay for that again?
Old 4/27/07, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JonCo
I saw a post you(or someone else) made about that clear bra. How is it holding up? And how much did you pay for that again?
couldn't be happier with the 3M clear bra. Put 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax on it for added protection. Here's my Thread (post #15 has the cost details). It's a MUST for Chin Spoilers.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=63019
Old 5/3/07, 04:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Nearly 4 weeks after I placed my order through Partshopper it finally arrived. Better news? I had to drop my car off at Ford to have a rattling air vent replaced. So I pick up my car tomorrow right before work. Soo I'll have to wait till saturday to put it on.

Finally got it though in perfect condition. Although I didn't like how it was left outside my house for who knows how long. -__-
Old 5/3/07, 04:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You would think with all the sales and having the part where it meets the body so well engineered they would come out with another style by now too.
Old 5/7/07, 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

So Jonco, any pics? How's it look? Enquring minds want to know!
Old 5/10/07, 09:13 AM
GT Member

So wait..when I order it do I want it unpainted for 219.95? Or painted satin black for 255.95? I dont want to paint this spoiler my car color or anything, i just want it black like the one you guys are talking about, painted in the quality of our stock grille.

thanks guys
Old 5/10/07, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Eatmydust
So wait..when I order it do I want it unpainted for 219.95? Or painted satin black for 255.95? I dont want to paint this spoiler my car color or anything, i just want it black like the one you guys are talking about, painted in the quality of our stock grille.

thanks guys
Ditto, I'm curious too.
Old 5/10/07, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Hey guys, well I decided to jump on a CDC classic and got a matte black painted one. I ordered from Stage3motorsports and they actually have a few in stock, coming in 4-5days. I didnt know what painted or unpainted would be like but if you go to the stage3motorsports website then click on their project car link there is a silver mustang (same color as mine)with the painted version of the chin spoiler, and that looked good so i went with that. It was 249 shipped.

thanks
-dan
Old 5/10/07, 04:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Eatmydust
Hey guys, well I decided to jump on a CDC classic and got a matte black painted one. I ordered from Stage3motorsports and they actually have a few in stock, coming in 4-5days. I didnt know what painted or unpainted would be like but if you go to the stage3motorsports website then click on their project car link there is a silver mustang (same color as mine)with the painted version of the chin spoiler, and that looked good so i went with that. It was 249 shipped.

thanks
-dan
I have the new one and I thought there was a problem with it when it arrived. It seemed to me that it was simply just molded in black. I called CDC to let them know I received the wrong one and they confirmed that the new Satin Black chin spoilers are now made (molded) in black instead of painted. Also they stated that their "satin" is matte...
So when you get it don't be surprised. It'll be black but with a texture like that of the side view mirror housing not a smooth painted look.
Old 5/10/07, 04:15 PM
GT Member

That black molded sounds great to me, but 3stagemotorsports said they had some LEFT in stock, so i wonder if this was a batch of the new models, or the pre-existing painted ones. Or were they always molded black?
Old 5/10/07, 07:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Cowtown
So Jonco, any pics? How's it look? Enquring minds want to know!
Haha Tomorrow Im washing the car and taking pics. The only digital camara in my house belongs to my sister and she carries it in her purse.

Anyways, car wash + camara + no work X no school = pictures tomorrow

(I like math )

EDIT: I like that the chin spoiler is molded in black. Now no worries of paint chips or scratches. And it matches the factory moldings perfect. Im considereing removing the bottom modlig to leave it open. I dunno. Anyways its good stuff
Old 5/11/07, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

And it matches the factory moldings perfect.
That's good to know, I'll be awaiting those pictures!

Thanks!
Old 5/11/07, 08:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

No pictures. Down here in the Tampa/Sarasota (Florida) area we're getting all that nasty smoke from the northern fires. I didn't even get to wash the car

Tomorrow...

Quick Reply: New CDC Chin Spoiler