05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Need Opinions- Buy tires or tire/rim package from AM

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/13, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Opinions- Buy tires or tire/rim package from AM

So I just graduated from college and received some money for graduation. In fact a little more than I expected. My last exterior mod I want to do is rims. I have a used 08 gt and closing in on 42k miles. I need tires bad! I planned on just getting tires and leave it at that. But with this money, I got to thinking about getting my rims. I know its my money but just wanted to hear some feedback(regarding looks). I'll post a couple pictures. I've had people say stick with the chrome stock bullitt rims, and others say black rims would look great. Anyway, here is the package I'm looking at: http://www.americanmuscle.com/blacka...tomo-stan.html.

1. My friend just bought rims for 2010 mustang and got the tpms syncing tool with it. I was really hoping to not have to buy the $200 syncing tool and use his. I know they have two sets for those different years, but wondering if there really is a difference and if I could use his?

Old 1/8/13, 10:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Buying rims is really a personal choice. What looks sick to one person will look boring to another.

Personally, I do not like the straight black rims as I find they tend to get lost with our black tires.

I have recently bought a staggered set of matte black bullit wheels from AM. They have a polished lip so the wheel pops out at you unlike the all black wheels. I have 255/45/18 Nitto 555 in the front on 18 x 8 rims and then I have 305/40/18 Nitto drag radials in the back on 18 x 10 rims with the deep dish. I am going to put 1/4 inch spacers on each corner to bring the front wheels flushed with the fender and back wheels will hang past the fender a tad.

I also have a staggered set of gunmetal Shelby razors as you can see in my pic to swap over with the bullits time to time. They have the +24mm offset so they look pretty aggressive as well.

As I said earlier, it really is up to you.
Old 1/9/13, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tu3218
So I just graduated from college and received some money for graduation. In fact a little more than I expected. My last exterior mod I want to do is rims. I have a used 08 gt and closing in on 42k miles. I need tires bad! I planned on just getting tires and leave it at that. But with this money, I got to thinking about getting my rims. I know its my money but just wanted to hear some feedback(regarding looks). I'll post a couple pictures. I've had people say stick with the chrome stock bullitt rims, and others say black rims would look great. Anyway, here is the package I'm looking at: http://www.americanmuscle.com/blacka...tomo-stan.html.
Congratulations on Graduation!

I love what you've done with your 08' GT so far so I'm confident you'll end up with a sick set of wheels! The Gloss Black AMR's will definitely fall under that category, they are definitely my personal favorite wheel. If you like the drift inspired mesh look then the AMR's are perfect for you! This is a very opinionated question, but that's my vote.

I hope this helps. Best of luck on your decision! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dan
Old 1/9/13, 09:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5pointoh

Personally, I do not like the straight black rims as I find they tend to get lost with our black tires.

Agreed. You can't really see any detail on an all gloss black wheel. Have you considered the matte AMRs? Or even the machined or new silver colors. Also what size where you considering?
Old 1/9/13, 09:38 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I like the ones you chose.
Old 1/9/13, 06:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2012BLKV6
Agreed. You can't really see any detail on an all gloss black wheel. Have you considered the matte AMRs? Or even the machined or new silver colors. Also what size where you considering?
I can't find the matte AMR's. Are you talking about the charcoal rims?

I definitely want black due to my car being alloy gray, basically a charcoal color. So I don't think charcoal rims would look good. But matte black rims would be very nice now that you mention it. I actually have matte black gt500 stripes sitting in my house that I have to put on my car. That would tie in well with matte black rims. I just don't see any matte black AMR's.

thanks Dan btw!
Old 1/10/13, 05:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah I was talking about the charcoals. I can see where they might not look right on grey tho.
Old 1/10/13, 05:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah that's why I was going for black rims.
Old 1/10/13, 05:10 PM
GTR Member

Yeah that's why I was going for black rims.
when ya gettin em???
Old 1/11/13, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel

when ya gettin em???
I'm trying to figure out the TPMS. It seems the tire itself doesn't come with a sensor so the whole kit is an extra $200 for the sensor and syncing tool. I was thinking the tires came with it and I just needed the syncing tool. Which I could of gotten on eBay. So I gotta figure this out.
Old 1/11/13, 11:06 AM

any suggestions on good quality high performance tires for 2006 GT 18 inch rims
Old 1/11/13, 02:29 PM
GTR Member

I'm trying to figure out the TPMS. It seems the tire itself doesn't come with a sensor so the whole kit is an extra $200 for the sensor and syncing tool. I was thinking the tires came with it and I just needed the syncing tool. Which I could of gotten on eBay. So I gotta figure this out.
Well ****
Old 1/12/13, 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you have matte black stripes waiting to go on your car, then I'd vote for a set of matte black wheels as well. I like the Forgestar CF5's, but they are a bit pricey. For a mesh/drift style, it's hard to beat the SVE's for style and affordability. I've thought about grabbing a set myself.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...VE-Drift-19X95
Old 1/14/13, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UMich97
If you have matte black stripes waiting to go on your car, then I'd vote for a set of matte black wheels as well. I like the Forgestar CF5's, but they are a bit pricey. For a mesh/drift style, it's hard to beat the SVE's for style and affordability. I've thought about grabbing a set myself.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...VE-Drift-19X95
We also offer a forum discount, so if anyone here is thinking about picking up a set of our Drift wheels, just let me know. Ill me more than happy to help out and make sure you are taken care of.
Old 1/14/13, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up for LMR, they took care of me for my winter wheel setup.
I would not worry about the tpms tool, most shops will do it for you and really mine, a 2013 , did not need it.
Old 1/14/13, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang259
Thumbs up for LMR, they took care of me for my winter wheel setup.
I would not worry about the tpms tool, most shops will do it for you and really mine, a 2013 , did not need it.
So they could take the sensors out of my old tires an put them in my new tires and sync them up?
Old 1/15/13, 07:18 AM
Bullitt Member

We wouldn't be able to do that. You can order the wheel and tire kit and we can ship it unmounted. Then you can take it where ever you want and have them dis-mount your old wheels and tires, swap your TPMS, and mount the new wheels and tires.

Just make sure to let the sales guy know you want it shipped un-mounted. If not, or if you make a web order, it will ship mounted and balanced.
Old 1/15/13, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Any ideas on what a shop would charge to change the sensors from the old tires to the new and sync them?
Old 1/16/13, 02:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I was very happy with the Nitto Extreme 555 tires, but had to re-balance them often. Sumitomo HTZ R3 were good too but not as sticky.