05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Need new wheels but....

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/09, 06:17 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need new wheels but....

I know this will sound crazy, but unfortunately have scraped up my 18" fan blades ('07 GT) to the point of wanting to replace them when I put on new tires in a couple of months. Problem is, don't want to spend the $'s on replacement fan blades....starting a new business and sadly, the Stang is simply no longer much of a priority (still haven't fixed the damge to the right front fender from 8 months ago). Some of you will remember my post about it becoming my daily beater...well, to some degree tht's what has happened.

I would like to simply put on cheapo all black steel wheels, but don't think it is an option. I could keep the damaged fan blades, but it seems logical, if I can do it on the cheap, to change out the wheels at the same time I get new tires, balancing etc.

Perhaps a smaller wheel/tire would work? I had planned to upgrade to a 255/45, but that plan is out the window along with other hoped for upgrades. In fact, I'm going with the cheapest tires I can find (suggestions?)

Of the over 30 cars I've owned this has been the fav, and probably best in terms of reliability, but life has changed and as previously stated, the Stang, and cars in general are no longer a priority.

Ideas??...thanks!
Old 9/13/09, 11:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I found these silver FRPP Bullits on e-bay for $379.00 shipping included.I saw the painted FRPP fanblades for $329.00 shipping included but that was a week ago.
Attached Thumbnails Need new wheels but....-hpim0347.jpg  

Last edited by Poco; 9/13/09 at 11:35 PM.
Old 9/14/09, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
post a pic of your old wheels plz
Old 9/14/09, 06:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
First, quit curbin' your wheels, yo. When you do that, then you should buy wheels... but only after fixin' the rest of the car.

Another alternative is to find a wheel fixer, probably cost the same money. Use the spare and move it around, and get each wheel done one at a time.

Although, I'm thinking, why bother? No offense, but it seems you're doing the beater thing literally if you're trashin' the current wheels, not fixin' the fender... So why waste money on the wheels if the rest isn't fixed, and you can't avoid the curbin/scraping? Just keep beatin' the car up instead, who cares about the wheels when your fender's screwed up? Fixing/replacing the wheels is moot, they're just going to get screwed up again, sounds like.

I'm not harping... I'm just, based on observations, going the logical 'money spent where?' route. Sounds like you don't need to be spending it, adding in the new business thing, priority commentary. I wouldn't. Seriously.

However, ebay should work as well. And yes, 17" would be a good decision so as to wind up with cheaper tires too, maybe, depending on sales and specials, of course.

You could also get some cheap 17" and then paint them with rattle cans. So you could find 1 silver, 1 gray...etc, then paint them all the same color. Just a thought.

Last edited by houtex; 9/14/09 at 06:24 AM.