05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Need help with Bra Install

Search this Thread

Old 9/17/06, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with Bra Install

Any tips or tricks for putting the Ford Accessories Bra on a '06 GT? I cannot get the tabs to slide in under the headlamps or the turn signal lamps. Has anybody actually done this? It seems impossible.
Any help?
Old 9/17/06, 09:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BarrySVT
Any tips or tricks for putting the Ford Accessories Bra on a '06 GT? I cannot get the tabs to slide in under the headlamps or the turn signal lamps. Has anybody actually done this? It seems impossible.
Any help?
Must be because guys are more adept at removing bras generally

I'm sure someone else here must have that one and can offer advice
Old 9/18/06, 07:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is difficult, but you just have to keep working at it. I know that probably isn't much help, but it's the only advise I know to give. If you have a flat piece of strong plastic, maybe a plastic scraper or something to help push the plastic tabs in betwen the lights and the bumper it might make it a little easier. Good luck.
Old 9/18/06, 09:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok... First off, set the thing out in the sun to warm up or you will NEVER be able to stretch it onto the car. Start on one side at a time and work your way to the other, starting with the wheel well and top of the fender. To install around the headlights, push down on the tab as you push it in under the lamp assembly. Then install the tab for the grill. For the parking lamps, start with the tab flat against the lamp assembly and push toward the car while sliding it up/down between the bumper and the lamp. It takes a little practice, but once it starts to slip into place the rest of the tab goes in smoothly. Now, head over to the other side and start with the tab that goes next to the grill and procede as above to the opposite wheel well. Once all the tabs are in place go back and install all the little "U" clamps to the bumper. That's all there is to it. Remember... warm that sucker up before you even attempt to install it.
Old 9/18/06, 07:27 PM

Thanks guys, I got it on. No problems.
I used a plastic putty knife to start the edges in at the lamps. I justed wanted to checked with y'all first and make sure I was not forcing a fit and end up cracking a lens or something.
Actually a really great fitting item, kinda fugly though, but I'm sure it beats a stone chipped, bug splattered bumper.

Oh yeah, to heat a bra up I toss it in a clothes dryer on high. Can't always get the sun to stay "on" here in Michigan.
Thanks again.
Old 9/18/06, 08:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had them on other cars and thought that they were high maintenance- especially if they get wet underneath. It may cloud the paint. I agree, let it sit in the sun for a while.
Old 9/19/06, 02:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
Ok... First off, set the thing out in the sun to warm up or you will NEVER be able to stretch it onto the car. Start on one side at a time and work your way to the other, starting with the wheel well and top of the fender. To install around the headlights, push down on the tab as you push it in under the lamp assembly. Then install the tab for the grill. For the parking lamps, start with the tab flat against the lamp assembly and push toward the car while sliding it up/down between the bumper and the lamp. It takes a little practice, but once it starts to slip into place the rest of the tab goes in smoothly. Now, head over to the other side and start with the tab that goes next to the grill and procede as above to the opposite wheel well. Once all the tabs are in place go back and install all the little "U" clamps to the bumper. That's all there is to it. Remember... warm that sucker up before you even attempt to install it.
WOW!!! Sounds WAY too complicated. Guess I'll stick with my ColganCustom bra...easy to install and, IMHO, the best protection available.
Old 9/19/06, 07:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Must be because guys are more adept at removing bras generally