05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

My latest mods!

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/07, 07:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My latest mods!

(BTW, this is post #1000 for me )

Finally we had a sunny weekend and I could take pics of my latest mods!

First of all, before the flaming starts, I don't like the hood bra either, but I've got a couple of nasty stone chips that will be repaired later this month, so until then this is the best (temporary) solution I could come up with.
Second, I decided to give up on the 69/70 Mach1 theme because of the 1/4 window that didn't look right overall. That means I got rid of the SSE grille insert, the SHR honeycomb panel and the chrome taillight bezels. Because the new summer rims I got are black, I thought of adding the Xenon tail blackout and taillight covers (both collect all the dust in the air due to static charging ). Also, the clear front turnsignals are new since my last pics, and so are the 281 fender emblems.
The final appearance mods wil be the DG Custom Auto 1/4 window louvers, the magnetic tail blackout and red painted calipers.

Alright now, here are the pics. Enjoy and tell me what you think.
Attached Thumbnails My latest mods!-small1.jpg   My latest mods!-small3.jpg   My latest mods!-small4.jpg   My latest mods!-small5.jpg   My latest mods!-small6.jpg  

Old 4/1/07, 07:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good Louie
Old 4/1/07, 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Hi Louie, That's a nice looking car, and must turn some heads being in Holland. You did ask "what do you think" though, so don't take this the wrong way. I think you over did it a little with the emblems. To much stuff on the fender for my taste, and the one on the quarter panel looks out of place. Again, I'm certainly not flaming you here, that's just my opinion. If you like it, that's cool with me. Have fun with your car and...Good driving, Carl
Old 4/1/07, 08:08 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by crucut
Hi Louie, That's a nice looking car, and must turn some heads being in Holland. You did ask "what do you think" though, so don't take this the wrong way. I think you over did it a little with the emblems. To much stuff on the fender for my taste, and the one on the quarter panel looks out of place. Again, I'm certainly not flaming you here, that's just my opinion. If you like it, that's cool with me. Have fun with your car and...Good driving, Carl
You're right Carl, I planned to remove the quarter panel emblems but I was out of Goo Gone and the shops are closed today. Tomorrow evening after work they're coming off.
Old 4/1/07, 08:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Louie
You're right Carl, I planned to remove the quarter panel emblems but I was out of Goo Gone and the shops are closed today. Tomorrow evening after work they're coming off.
I've seen the 281 emblems on the sides of the Shaker and it looks really nice.

Old 4/1/07, 08:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Also, I have the Xenon rear black out and it isn't too bad on dust/dirt, but you can spray some static guard on a rag and wipe it down after a wash and then wax over it. I love Black Mustangs with Blacked out tail lights!
Old 4/1/07, 09:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by shaun_beauchamp
I saw some too and I tried mine before installing, but they can't sit flat on the curved side of the shaker scoop

I love Black Mustangs with Blacked out tail lights!
Me too!
Attached Thumbnails My latest mods!-blackout.jpg  
Old 4/1/07, 10:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Looks great!!!
Old 4/1/07, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Sweet looking!
Old 4/1/07, 12:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not saying it looks bad now it's just I loved how it looked before. You went from retro to a more modern look. If your keeping it as is I'd recommend removing the badge by the 1/4 since it doesn't go with the theme anymore.
Old 4/1/07, 12:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

+1 That car looks amazing.
Old 4/1/07, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Not saying it looks bad now it's just I loved how it looked before. You went from retro to a more modern look.
Thanks Leo!
I know we had similar looking cars and I still love the Mach1 theme on yours, I just decided I wanted a more personal interpretation of how I see the S197. I've always had trouble imagining how to best incorporate the 1/4 window into the Mach1 theme and never got the right idea.

I'd recommend removing the badge by the 1/4 since it doesn't go with the theme anymore.
see my post #4 above, they're coming off tomorrow
Old 4/1/07, 12:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Leo!
I know we had similar looking cars and I still love the Mach1 theme on yours, I just decided I wanted a more personal interpretation of how I see the S197. I've always had trouble imagining how to best incorporate the 1/4 window into the Mach1 theme and never got the right idea.

see my post #4 above, they're coming off tomorrow
I thought you were on the preorder list for the SHR louvers??? Here would of been my suggestion for your 1/4 problem if you didn't want a scoop or louver.
Old 4/1/07, 12:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I thought you were on the preorder list for the SHR louvers??? Here would of been my suggestion for your 1/4 problem if you didn't want a scoop or louver.
Nope, I wasn't (and still am not) on the list for the SHR louvers (only for a custom decklid badge a la Project Source Horse). I do consider them to be the best looking out there but I'm not sure I want to keep the louvered look forever. I'm currently waiting for a set of DG Custom Auto 1/4 louvers which IMO are the best looking from the "instantly removable" type.

Anyway, I haven't seen that 1/4 window cover in your pic before, who makes it?
Old 4/1/07, 12:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Nope, I wasn't (and still am not) on the list for the SHR louvers. I do consider them to be the best looking out there but I'm not sure I want to keep the louvered look forever. I'm currently waiting for a set of DG Custom Auto 1/4 louvers which IMO are the best looking from the "instantly removable" type.

Anyway, I haven't seen that 1/4 window cover in your pic before, who makes it?
Good choice on the DG's I've seen them in person and they look great. I was torn between the CDC and DG's. I went the CDC louver route cause I got a great deal on them plus I think they look a little more agressive. My only wish is that they'd stick to the glass like the DG's.

The 1/4 window cover is from Saleen. You can get it here. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
http://www.haneymotorsport.com/Salee...ics%202005.htm