05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Midwest Auto Gear Painted Side Mirror Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/06, 01:24 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My slight problem was on the passenger side insert. The bottom edge was not as beveled/smooth as the drivers side part or the other three sides of the passenger insert were/are, so the straight edges were noticable and looked not quite finished when "dry fitted" in place. I called them to swap the part out and it looks like another few days before I can install them and return the other piece.

In terms of paint, quality (mine are Tungsten), they were flawless.
Old 2/20/06, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GOFISCH @ February 19, 2006, 3:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I put mine on today. They look really good. I had a problem with several blemishes(dust particles probably) in the paint on the passenger side insert, and a really rough edge on the drivers side. I emailed Midwest about it, look forward to hearing their response.
[/b][/quote]

I installed mine not thinking I would get such a quick response. The new set is already to ship and the are sending a Call Tag for the set I have ON the car. Guess I will have to take them off. AWESOME customer service. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I also installed some chrome door handles(not from Midwest) that look really good.
Old 2/21/06, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Paid for my Redfires today.
Old 2/21/06, 06:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just got home...package in door...rushing in to open...opening the box...Walgreen's alcohol swabs....ooohhh, bubble wrap (pop pop) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_cool.gif[/img]...My set of MG inside-perfect colormatch and finish!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/woot.gif[/img]
Have to wait for tomorrow to install [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fuss.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 07:48 AM
Cobra R Member

DITO!! Man they look nice. I havent fitted them on yet.
Its raining and misserable and the car is filthy with the misty streets.
COME ON SUNSHINE!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiberius1701 @ February 21, 2006, 7:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just got home...package in door...rushing in to open...opening the box...Walgreen's alcohol swabs....ooohhh, bubble wrap (pop pop) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_cool.gif[/img]...My set of MG inside-perfect colormatch and finish!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/woot.gif[/img]
Have to wait for tomorrow to install [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fuss.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/22/06, 08:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I don't know how these were shipped to the rest of you, but for us military folks overseas, it can take quite a while to get stuff through the mail, 2-8 weeks on average. Not only are the Midwest folks nice to deal with, and not only are their products top of the line, but they shipped mine Express Mail on Saturday 18 Feb and I got it on 21 Feb. At no additional cost to me...cost them a bit. THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! THANKS MIDWEST!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 09:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scramblr @ February 22, 2006, 10:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I don't know how these were shipped to the rest of you, but for us military folks overseas, it can take quite a while to get stuff through the mail, 2-8 weeks on average. Not only are the Midwest folks nice to deal with, and not only are their products top of the line, but they shipped mine Express Mail on Saturday 18 Feb and I got it on 21 Feb. At no additional cost to me...cost them a bit. THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! THANKS MIDWEST!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Excellent Alex!! Thank you for your service!!! The folks at Midwest sure know how to treat Our Nation's Finest!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/patriot.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 10:34 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I got mine last night. Waiting for the sun to warm the mirrors up a little before I install them, but they'll be on by lunch today. They look fantastic. I like the "Made in the USA" and flag on the inside, too.

Of course, the rest of my car is dirty, so I won't take pics until I've had a chance to wash it.
Old 2/22/06, 10:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Installed mine this AM-they look awesome! Thanks to Midwest for a great product!
Old 2/23/06, 10:50 AM
V6 Member

ordered mine last 8 days ago and still haven't got anything [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 12:12 PM
GT Member

Mine were shipped from Midwest a week ago today, but still haven't arrived. Not Midwest's fault, its the stupid USPS. We have been at this business location for 50+ years, but for some reason, USPS always returns the packages to sender! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] The idiots at the post office say it isn't a valid street address, even though we get UPS and FedEx deliveries here every day! When I ordered the plenum cover, it came UPS, so I didn't even think to tell Midwest NOT to send them via USPS. Anyway, they are going to send me another set today, even though they haven't seen the returned set yet! Great customer Service from Midwest! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Mark
Old 2/24/06, 02:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, unfortunately mine were delivered with rough edges a couple days ago. I was hoping they could be fixed without too much trouble by my local body shop but, they said they would have to sand and re-paint to fix them. I e-mailed Midwest today to let them know. Hopefully they will send new ones soon. The weather here is crappy but, should be nice next week.
Old 2/24/06, 03:06 PM
GT Member

Ordered on the 18th, nothing yet [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] - could be the color availability?

Update: I called and spoke with Tracy and she couldn't find any record of my phone order last week...so, if you've been waiting patiently like me and still don't have them, you might want to check and make sure the order was actually processed. No biggie, it happens...nice folks to deal with, too.
Old 2/24/06, 03:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to give Midwest some serious credit. They just e-mailed me back in just over an hour stating new inserts will be shipped Monday. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 04:13 PM
GT Member

I think we may have overwhelmed them with orders - so good on them for coming up with what appears to be a 'must-have' mod. Looking forward to mine!
Old 2/24/06, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GOFISCH @ February 20, 2006, 7:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I installed mine not thinking I would get such a quick response. The new set is already to ship and the are sending a Call Tag for the set I have ON the car. Guess I will have to take them off. AWESOME customer service. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I also installed some chrome door handles(not from Midwest) that look really good.
[/b][/quote]

Received my new ones today. They are better than the first ones I received. The passenger side still has bumps in the paint. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] Oh well, they do look very cool. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 08:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine were supposedly shipped on the 16th, but I have yet to receive them. I'm going to have to call them on Monday to find out what's going on.
Old 2/25/06, 02:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CA Stang @ February 24, 2006, 7:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Mine were supposedly shipped on the 16th, but I have yet to receive them. I'm going to have to call them on Monday to find out what's going on.
[/b][/quote]

Thats weird, maybe they got lost in the mail. I ordered mine on the 17th, and I got them on Tuesday (21st). Had to wait for the weekend to install [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 07:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Overall Im happy..My wife noticed some edge problems and the passanger didnt fit as well as the driver but I am happy.

Here are a few shots for you Screaming Yellow guys and gals who are sitting on the fence about these.
I love em. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

I wish mine would hurry up. Its spring and Ive got car fever!

Quick Reply: Midwest Auto Gear Painted Side Mirror Inserts