05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Just Installed new Wheels I Painted...Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/09 | 02:25 PM
GT Member

Just Installed new Wheels I Painted...Thoughts?

I just installed a set of wheels I painted, painted my calipers, installed a set of Hawk HPS pads and installed some new dimpled & slotted rotors. I had a chance to take some shots today of the finished job. I won't be driving on it and breaking in the brakes yet. Overall backing out of the driveway felt fine, I'll reserve judgment until I have a chance to take it out tomorrow. Thoughts??

Old 11/5/09 | 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

They look great! Nice work!
Old 11/5/09 | 05:36 PM
legacy Tms Member

Looks great - I have the black bullitts with white calipers on my convertible as well.

My Hawk HPS pads though really dust the front wheels - although I have the stock rotors so that may be part of it.
Old 11/5/09 | 07:04 PM
GT Member

Glad to hear it...about ur wheels that is. The thing that I find funny is when people say....man white calipers are going to get dirty quick, you're going to have to wash those alot...I HAVE A WHITE CAR...It already gets washed a lot. Although I must admit I had to do the coats kind of thick, the white didn't want to cover up my rotors and it was also really cold outside when I painted them.

Last edited by Topless Stang; 11/5/09 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11/6/09 | 02:24 PM
GT Member

How'd you paint the wheels?

I cant believe I even considered for a second right now painting my chrome wheels by hand hahaha nvm.
Old 11/6/09 | 02:32 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Those wheels look 1" short (diameter) of perfection
Old 11/6/09 | 03:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JimC
My Hawk HPS pads though really dust the front wheels - although I have the stock rotors so that may be part of it.
Weird...I have Hawk HPS w/ drilled and slotted rotors and barely see any dust coming off them. You'd think the surface w/ drilling/slotting would generate more dust.

Topless Stang: Nice looking ride
Old 11/6/09 | 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

My guess is that it depends on whether they're semi-metallic or ceramic pads. Semi-metallic being the more dusty of the two.
Old 11/6/09 | 07:21 PM
GT Member

double post

Last edited by Topless Stang; 11/6/09 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11/6/09 | 07:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 06StangSC
How'd you paint the wheels?
I cant believe I even considered for a second right now painting my chrome wheels by hand hahaha nvm.
They made a sticky out of my walk thru in the appearance section. It's fairly easy and it only cost $61

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Those wheels look 1" short (diameter) of perfection
Thanks! It was my first time attempting anything like this. I'm pleased with the result...there's nothing better than the feeling u get of a job well done. It's given me courage to attempt other mods. I have a Roush spoiler sitting in my garage I was scared to install. I didn't want to drill into my car...but now I'm not too scared. has anyone put one on...if so how hard was it?

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Weird...I have Hawk HPS w/ drilled and slotted rotors and barely see any dust coming off them. You'd think the surface w/ drilling/slotting would generate more dust.

Topless Stang: Nice looking ride
I hope they don't get dusty...but I DO have a white car so I have to wash that often anyways. I've been an admirer of your ride for a long time. Nice mods!! Thanks for the compliment!! The Hawk pads feel great...just burnished them today and it's leaps and bounds better than my stock setup. HOWEVER....It's going to take some time to get used to the noise the rotors make...

I'm REEALLLY looking forward to my spring time GT500 conversion...you guys rides are sick...I've been looking at 'em for a long time. I can't wait to join the club!! I also hope the X-Charger Xtreme is out by then I've been waiting for that to come out and it looks like it will be out by tax time....waiting sucks...

Last edited by Topless Stang; 11/6/09 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11/7/09 | 01:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Topless Stang
I also hope the X-Charger Xtreme is out by then I've been waiting for that to come out and it looks like it will be out by tax time....waiting sucks...
I just spoke with Dave at EE this week. He has the last of the final production parts on the way to him, and he just wants to do an in-house install and test, and then the intercooler should be available
Old 11/7/09 | 04:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
I just spoke with Dave at EE this week. He has the last of the final production parts on the way to him, and he just wants to do an in-house install and test, and then the intercooler should be available
Great...thanks for the update...now I just have to wait for Uncle Sammy to mail me my W2!!