05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

JMS Products, Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/06, 06:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As some of you may remember, I believe it was VegasJay who told me about a co. in South Hackensack NJ called JMS Products, Inc. and they made body parts for Mustangs. During the very beginning, they were looking for a car to use for measurements on some parts. This was back in December04/January05. I had enbarked on the hour and 30 min drive to this place because I was interested in parts and they said that any of the parts they made from the measurements, they would send to me free of charge! I said that sounds pretty cool.

Took the trip, met the guy there "Jay", seemed like a cool guy. After 7 hours of being there, he took various measurements on the vehicle and I was on my way back down south jersey. He then called me and thanked me for allowing to borrow the vehicle for measurements and he would be in touch as to when the parts would be made, he said a good 4-5 Months. I said thats no problem! 5 Months later I gave him a buzz to see how things were and he said he's a little behind because they were in the middle of making a "sleeper" turbo-charged system for the 99-04 Mustangs. So he took my information down again and told me he would call me when they are done. It was then August, still had not heard from Jay. I have an account on myspace.com and I happen to come across one of his work buddies who had an account on myspace trying to advertise JMS Products. I shot him a message saying "hey pass this message on to Jay because I'm still waiting on parts he promised me." So I left my info on the message and I got a email from Jay 2 days later. Saying they have made the parts but unfortionately he lost my information again and wasnt able to get a hold of me. Well, to the conclusion, he only made 2 Parts for the 05-06 Mustang! Hood Scoop and a Grille! He then appologized for the inconvenience and losing my information again and said I had my choice of parts! Choice?? I thought I was getting all the parts for free? He said nothing in response to that. So he said, you can have the Hood Scoop which comes unpainted or the Grilled which is honeycomb with the JMS logo in the middle of it. I said just send me the hood scoop, being upset that only 2 parts were made by this guy, I was somewhat dissapointed. Febuary 23, 2 days before my cruise, the scoop arrives. No instrucions, no nothing, comes with a hood scoop and a windshield banner that says JMS Products, Inc., yea right like I'm going to advertise them on my car! So I threw the banner away. And this is the finish product, a screw on hood scoop.

What you guys think? keep it? Throw it away?

I don't know, I'm not fond of screwing it into the hood. But here are the pics of the scoop.

Old 3/9/06, 07:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Leave that thing off your car, your car looks awesome as it is, clean with stripes.

So after all this time you got an unfinished hoodscoop [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Maybe you can sell it on ebay at a discounted price? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 07:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Your car looks better w/o it.

Ebay is your friend.
Old 3/9/06, 09:07 AM
GT Member

It took them that long to make a hood scoop look like that. looks like they slapped that thing together in 5 minutes. I would leave that off. Your car looks great the way it is.
Old 3/9/06, 12:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
LOL, thats rediculous. Thanks for sharing.
Old 3/9/06, 12:36 PM
Cobra Member

I think you need to dump that nancyfied electric blower hanging on the wall and get a gas one. Much more manly.
Old 3/9/06, 01:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawgman @ March 9, 2006, 2:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think you need to dump that nancyfied electric blower hanging on the wall and get a gas one. Much more manly.
[/b][/quote]

LOL, hey that thing has been with the family for 15 years and the thing still works like it came out of the box!! things a beast when the leaves are on the ground!
Old 3/9/06, 01:22 PM
V6 Member

That scoop looks like $hit, your car looks great without it, to really prove your point you should just send it back, asking why it took 5-6 months to produce such a inadequate product.
Old 3/9/06, 01:27 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like a really sloppy job, I'll be that there is a lot of prepwork involved, otherwise it will be wavy.

It wouldn't be worth the negative feedback on ebay. Put it back in the box and return to sender.
Old 3/9/06, 03:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How forgetable! Nothing original at all. Looks like something from JC Whitney. Send it back. At least he can't be making much money off of your time and inconvenience. And who would want someone else's initials on their grille? Oh yeah, that'll sell like hotcakes! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 03:22 PM

I had an 04 GT before I bought my '06 and I bought a set of their shelby scoops and my body guy said the prep was the worst thing he had ever done and they looked just like you're hood scoop when I got them. I say leave it off. Don't drill into your hood.
Old 3/9/06, 03:43 PM
Cobra Member

Well I must apologize Paul...I contacted Jay about making part's a year ago or more and remember setting that up... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] The funny thing is there was a post on here a long time ago with some pic's of a bunch of JMS's "05 Stuff" and it was all terrible. I can't find the thread but I'll keep looking. I remember a lot of terrible "Boss" looking parts (that scoop looks familiar) and a spoiler that could have been a bar...So I guess they are liars too. Jay also promised me one of each part as well for "setting" the deal up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] He can keep that dog poo scoop or I can tell him what he can do with it...Either way... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] I guess that's what happens sometimes when you work with someone 2,000 miles away. Again Paul, I'm sorry that it turned out to be a waste of your time.

A grill with their logo in the middle??? You have got to be kidding me... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollinglaugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puke.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 04:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ March 9, 2006, 5:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well I must apologize Paul...I contacted Jay about making part's a year ago or more and remember setting that up... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] The funny thing is there was a post on here a long time ago with some pic's of a bunch of JMS's "05 Stuff" and it was all terrible. I can't find the thread but I'll keep looking. I remember a lot of terrible "Boss" looking parts (that scoop looks familiar) and a spoiler that could have been a bar...So I guess they are liars too. Jay also promised me one of each part as well for "setting" the deal up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] He can keep that dog poo scoop or I can tell him what he can do with it...Either way... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] I guess that's what happens sometimes when you work with someone 2,000 miles away. Again Paul, I'm sorry that it turned out to be a waste of your time.

A grill with their logo in the middle??? You have got to be kidding me... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollinglaugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puke.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

No, its ok vegasjay, i mean it wasnt a waste of a trip, i did visit old friends while i was up there. But it was all fun though, but I think the guy was grabbing me around by the ***** everytime i called to get a status on the parts. but its cool, i just wont recommend them to anyone I know since they are that terrible

and yes the grille was going to be with JMS in the middle of it!!

here is that post a while back that i made, this is the one that you were talking about.....
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ic=24555&hl=JMS
Old 3/9/06, 06:00 PM
Cobra Member

That's the one....So out of all that garbage they kept two item's. They should scrap them all and go back to the drawing board. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img] LOL
Old 3/10/06, 06:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

and if anyone was wondering, this was the co.

http://www.jmsproductsinc.com
Old 3/10/06, 07:50 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaverickMLFD371 @ March 10, 2006, 8:04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
and if anyone was wondering, this was the co.

http://www.jmsproductsinc.com
[/b][/quote]

Sorry to hear of your problem. If you want a few of us to 'cruise' to his place in our Mustangs...I'm game. I live in Baltimore area now but go back to my home in N. Wildwood often. I'll help you deliver it in person!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
Old 3/10/06, 09:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MJC302 @ March 10, 2006, 9:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sorry to hear of your problem. If you want a few of us to 'cruise' to his place in our Mustangs...I'm game. I live in Baltimore area now but go back to my home in N. Wildwood often. I'll help you deliver it in person!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I'm heading to MD for the weekend, Ocean City for Irish Fest, unfortionately I wont have my stang.
Old 3/10/06, 09:20 AM
Queen Of Nascar

That thing looks like crap. I wouldn't even sell it on Ebay. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

Its ashamed that happened to you.