05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

How to scare off stupid import ricers (V6 & GT owners) ....

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/06 | 04:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Vegasjay
I started with the Nitrous system originally. Then I added the S/C'er as I wanted more...lol I am not spraying on top of the S/C'er with stock internals. Soon I am changing out pulley's to a 3.2" pulley which will up the boost to 12 pounds. That should put me at about 510 rwhp. I'm gathering up all my parts for a motor build-up at which point I plan to run 650 rwhp with the charger and spray a 150 shot on top of it... Of course there will be a lot of supporting mods to handle this i.e. the drivetrain etc. I want to be able to handle anything that comes my way, import or domestic... I have been saving for this car a looooong time.
Yo Justin, thats gonna be insane man. Think you'll be able to get past 200 on the highway?
Old 9/3/06 | 05:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
Yo Justin, thats gonna be insane man. Think you'll be able to get past 200 on the highway?
I'm hoping so...I plan to take her to the salt flat's and see what she'll do... Of coarse I'll have a radar gun to verify the results this time lol.
Old 9/3/06 | 05:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Import racers beware, theres a cobra on the loose
Old 9/4/06 | 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

when you get taht done and go to the flats definately bring a radar gun a camera... im sure others besides me want to see a video of that!
Old 9/4/06 | 06:02 PM
Cobra R Member

A GPS will work too.
Old 9/5/06 | 03:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Vegasjay
I'm hoping so...I plan to take her to the salt flat's and see what she'll do... Of coarse I'll have a radar gun to verify the results this time lol.
sweet man
Old 9/5/06 | 08:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by loserpunk603
when you get taht done and go to the flats definately bring a radar gun a camera... im sure others besides me want to see a video of that!
Will do! Just hope I don't loose it and end up on one of those "Extreme video's" clip show's...LOL
Old 9/5/06 | 09:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

That video of the fake nitrous purge, didn't the volume of gas seem pretty big compared to a real nitrous purge? I think you'd be better off mounting it in the rear to use as a smoke screen a la James Bond.
Old 9/6/06 | 12:35 PM

I don't think a fake Shelby with fake N2O purge valves would scare off a ricer who wants to race. Those guys will race anything.
Old 9/6/06 | 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

gotta watch out for those fat body twin turbo supras sometimes though!
Old 9/7/06 | 07:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by silverGTvert
What would be really funny is if he purged out of the horses a$ $.
Someone had the same comment on youtube and I about blew water through my nose when I read it...
Old 9/7/06 | 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

how bout you just save the $180 and ignore them? just my opinion, but fake N20 purge is kinda rice. never fight rice with rice.
Old 9/7/06 | 08:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Rash
how bout you just save the $180 and ignore them? just my opinion, but fake N20 purge is kinda rice. never fight rice with rice.
Agreed!
Old 9/7/06 | 03:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Isnt trying to pass you car off as something faster than it is and using fake nitrous rice also?
Old 9/7/06 | 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just being a poser - rather than a sleeper

Could be considered a ricer - with exception that I plan to make mods to my motor that will shut up alot of the imports out there. Plus Ford Mustang GT's already look & are Fast !!!!!
My cosmetic changes are being made because I never really liked the front fascia from factory and always wondered why the GT did not look more like the concept car. Also my goals are
for show & go purposes. 1/4 mile mainly w/ road racing handling character !!
Plus I might not even go for the full Shelby conversion (emblems) depending if the interior
will cost too much to convert. Plus as I stated on my previous post - these guys (imports) need to tone down their cars. They would benefit more if:

1. Put the money in the motor - less on the cosmetic (I have a fast car) changes: stickers,
huge wing spoiler, loud exhaust, and expensive rims - cheap body kits that are cracked
anyways
2. Become the ultimate sleeper cars that show no mods!!

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
Old 9/7/06 | 03:55 PM
Cobra Member

I would rather just blow their rice off the road with real power rather than risk purging c02 only to get pwned by some actually fast ricer and have to live with THAT. fighting rice with rice is wrong. two wrongs make a rice....lol
Old 9/7/06 | 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hatchttu
Isnt trying to pass you car off as something faster than it is and using fake nitrous rice also?
+1 and i know some doods with imports that will blow away a gt500
Old 9/18/06 | 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by GTRacerX
Could be considered a ricer - with exception that I plan to make mods to my motor that will shut up alot of the imports out there. Plus Ford Mustang GT's already look & are Fast !!!!!
My cosmetic changes are being made because I never really liked the front fascia from factory and always wondered why the GT did not look more like the concept car. Also my goals are
for show & go purposes. 1/4 mile mainly w/ road racing handling character !!
Plus I might not even go for the full Shelby conversion (emblems) depending if the interior
will cost too much to convert. Plus as I stated on my previous post - these guys (imports) need to tone down their cars. They would benefit more if:

1. Put the money in the motor - less on the cosmetic (I have a fast car) changes: stickers,
huge wing spoiler, loud exhaust, and expensive rims - cheap body kits that are cracked
anyways
2. Become the ultimate sleeper cars that show no mods!!

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
I know I'm going to get the crap flamed out of me here, but I can't resist.

First off, let me preface by saying that anyone, import or domestic, who instigates a street race against you with your family in the car is a major douche bag, and I don't condone it. Personally, I don't condone street racing at all, but that's another matter.

Now, to the meat of your argument, aka rice. So, just because a civic owner makes aesthetic mods (ugly to you, hell... ugly to me, but some people seem to like it) and no performance mods, that makes them rice? Hm... what to tell all the mustang owners on this site who do louvers, hood pins for the stock hood, grilles, rims, and crazy stripe patterns?! I say this because although a lot of mustang owners find these mods attractive, I think most of them are ugly as sin, but you don't see me calling it out as domestic rice (and not just because I know I'd get lynched, lol!).

Last I checked, a lot of stang owners also do clear corners, and **** near every "cold air intake" on the S197 provides about as much cold air as a ******* in Tahiti. Again, not criticizing these mods, but those who throw stones shouldn't live in glass houses.

Which goes to your argument about the mods you plan on doing to your car. Fine, I'm willing to bet you would CRUCIFY any import owner for a nitrous purge kit if they didn't actually run the bottle as being rice.

Now, people who front that their cars are fast based on show mods with no go, THAT is wacked out.

Lastly, need I remind you that a lot of import owners, the smart ones, anyway, know that most of their cars (part. the civics, like mine) aren't fast, but that doesn't mean we can't share a passion about them and love our cars. To say our car can beat a mustang is total b.s. unless the civic is HEAVILY breathed on (i.e. turbo kits, and some **** extensive ones at that) and the GT is bone stock.

Look, I do sympathize with a lot of the crap you guys have to take from a lot of idiot import owners, but try and realize they're not all like that, and that just because the car is slower than yours doesn't mean it can't have a valid following (drive a new Si through a canyon road as fast as you can, and tell me it isn't fun, I DARE you, lol!).

Some insight? I will say this: part of why so many import owners (esp. the hated civics) hate on mustangs so much is because growing up, we mostly saw a bunch of redneck mustang owners in their 5.0s acting like major douche bags and reving on everyone and their mothers (sound familiar?!) and making an awful racket even in small little residential areas. Some of us have grown up to realize that it's not the car's fault, rather the owners, and we tend to take them now on a car by car basis, appreciating the car for its merits, and even the owner if they can appreciate that not everyone needs to drive a Ford or a Chevy to be a true car guy or gal. Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet that 75% of the import owners are complete idiots hell bent on hating on anything and everything that isn't in their limited field of "cool", but then again, I think that's fair to say of domestic owners, too.

Oh, and although I admit I think a purge kit sans actual nitrous is rice, I do understand your reasoning in that you want to deter people from racing you, but what happens when they call your bluff, even if you can still win? You're not going to race with the family with you, so why not just ignore them? **** the haters, they're not worth your time.

And yes, Civics with 4 inch tailpipes and big *** spoilers are most definitely rice. No two ways about it.

Okay, I'm done. Go ahead and burn me alive.... just try and read what I said in full before you light the wicks.
Old 9/18/06 | 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

i agree and most of my friends drive imports... and i'm faster than most of em
Old 9/19/06 | 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Import Vs Domestic
I know I'm going to get the crap flamed out of me here, but I can't resist.

First off, let me preface by saying that anyone, import or domestic, who instigates a street race against you with your family in the car is a major douche bag, and I don't condone it. Personally, I don't condone street racing at all, but that's another matter.

Now, to the meat of your argument, aka rice. So, just because a civic owner makes aesthetic mods (ugly to you, hell... ugly to me, but some people seem to like it) and no performance mods, that makes them rice? Hm... what to tell all the mustang owners on this site who do louvers, hood pins for the stock hood, grilles, rims, and crazy stripe patterns?! I say this because although a lot of mustang owners find these mods attractive, I think most of them are ugly as sin, but you don't see me calling it out as domestic rice (and not just because I know I'd get lynched, lol!).

Last I checked, a lot of stang owners also do clear corners, and **** near every "cold air intake" on the S197 provides about as much cold air as a ******* in Tahiti. Again, not criticizing these mods, but those who throw stones shouldn't live in glass houses.

Which goes to your argument about the mods you plan on doing to your car. Fine, I'm willing to bet you would CRUCIFY any import owner for a nitrous purge kit if they didn't actually run the bottle as being rice.

Now, people who front that their cars are fast based on show mods with no go, THAT is wacked out.

Lastly, need I remind you that a lot of import owners, the smart ones, anyway, know that most of their cars (part. the civics, like mine) aren't fast, but that doesn't mean we can't share a passion about them and love our cars. To say our car can beat a mustang is total b.s. unless the civic is HEAVILY breathed on (i.e. turbo kits, and some **** extensive ones at that) and the GT is bone stock.

Look, I do sympathize with a lot of the crap you guys have to take from a lot of idiot import owners, but try and realize they're not all like that, and that just because the car is slower than yours doesn't mean it can't have a valid following (drive a new Si through a canyon road as fast as you can, and tell me it isn't fun, I DARE you, lol!).

Some insight? I will say this: part of why so many import owners (esp. the hated civics) hate on mustangs so much is because growing up, we mostly saw a bunch of redneck mustang owners in their 5.0s acting like major douche bags and reving on everyone and their mothers (sound familiar?!) and making an awful racket even in small little residential areas. Some of us have grown up to realize that it's not the car's fault, rather the owners, and we tend to take them now on a car by car basis, appreciating the car for its merits, and even the owner if they can appreciate that not everyone needs to drive a Ford or a Chevy to be a true car guy or gal. Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet that 75% of the import owners are complete idiots hell bent on hating on anything and everything that isn't in their limited field of "cool", but then again, I think that's fair to say of domestic owners, too.

Oh, and although I admit I think a purge kit sans actual nitrous is rice, I do understand your reasoning in that you want to deter people from racing you, but what happens when they call your bluff, even if you can still win? You're not going to race with the family with you, so why not just ignore them? **** the haters, they're not worth your time.

And yes, Civics with 4 inch tailpipes and big *** spoilers are most definitely rice. No two ways about it.

Okay, I'm done. Go ahead and burn me alive.... just try and read what I said in full before you light the wicks.
You make some very good points and there is no real basis for anyone to flame you here.

I don't really post here anymore becuase most of the topics aren't as interesting as they used to be. But, I've been reading this particular topic for the past week and feel that your points deserve some sort of pat on the back.

While I wouldn't call putting a shelby kit on a GT "rice", it does fall under the poser category. A GT is a GT, and putting a Shelby body kit on one defies the purpose of buying a GT. If you want a Shelby, sell the GT and go get one. Because the cost of all the parts one would buy to make it comparable to a shelby is pretty close to what you're going to pay for one.

I would like to see someone ask a person that put one of these kits on their car, "Wow man, is that the new Shelby!!". Response: "No, it's a body kit". "Oh......pretty cool man" under breath "...douche bag"

P.S. - A fake Nitrous purge is rice.

Quick Reply: How to scare off stupid import ricers (V6 & GT owners) ....