05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Hood Question

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/07, 11:20 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Hood Question

Since I have put the whipple supercharger on my Mustang the pulley has been rubbing trough the insulation that is on the hood. From that point forward I have been on the hunt for a new hood for the stang. Well I found the Cervinis set of hoods. I have liked the hood from the gt500. So see they have one and after reading online it stats from there website the hood come with "billet extractors included in the price". Ok here is the question does that mean the hood come with two sets of extractors or just the billet ones? My car currently devoid of all billet items and for me that is what I want. If does come with billet extractors does anybody here know where I could find black plastic extractors for that hood? Lastly does anybody here have that hood here if so what is the fit and finsh of that hood? Thanks in advance.

Eric
Old 5/30/07, 06:19 PM
Cobra R Member

if it is the exact same as the gt500 hood try a ford dealer.
Old 5/30/07, 06:22 PM
Cobra R Member

by the way can you change the spelling of torch in your signature?
Old 5/31/07, 12:43 AM
GT Member

Its not the same hood as the GT500 its designed to fit on the Gt body with the standard head lights not the GT500's slanted lights
Old 5/31/07, 08:16 PM
Cobra Member

Why not just paint the billet pieces or have them powder coated? If rubbing insulation is the only clearance issue just rip the insulation out of the way. That's hardly justification for a new hood! Unless of course you're looking for the slightest reason to get a new hood...
Old 6/1/07, 01:00 AM
GT Member

LOL yeah that is a good point and i am somewhat looking for a reason. I don't like the idea of taking out the hood insulation why I don't know I think I'm worried about what the hood looks like under the insulation. I think a new new hood would also look better. Or might anyway.

Originally Posted by RobK
Why not just paint the billet pieces or have them powder coated? If rubbing insulation is the only clearance issue just rip the insulation out of the way. That's hardly justification for a new hood! Unless of course you're looking for the slightest reason to get a new hood...