05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Hood Pin Dilema.....wife got me

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/06, 08:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hood Pin Dilema.....wife got me

I had talked about getting some hood pins for my car. I like doing my own work, but was really un sure about drilling holes in my hood. I had considered getting the faux hoodpins. Well, I mentioned that to my wife a while ago.

SO for my anniversary, she got me some CDC hood pins w/ 3M tape.

I had just about convinced myself to get the real ones......So married guys...

Do I put on the CDC and make her happy or trade them for some real pins?

BTW she has only recently begin to embrace the mustang fever.
Old 10/11/06, 09:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Hood twist locks vs. Pins!!

Well if you live anywhere near fang performance I would go there and have them install the twist lock hood locks. They look awesome compared to regular pins.

www.fangperformance.com

You cant really see them advertised, in some of there pictures you will see them. They have changed the site to only show packages pretty much.
Attached Images  
Old 10/11/06, 10:20 AM
Cobra R Member

I am not totally against the stick on hood pins, heck it is the same as non functional hood or side scoops. It is just that I just about convinced myself to give it a try with the real ones.
Old 10/11/06, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

If you are gonna have them, might as well have real ones. Just my opinion
Old 10/11/06, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Quietly change out the fake pins for real ones and install them when she isn't around.

"Look honey, do you like the hood pins you got me?"

I'll bet she won't know the difference...
Old 10/11/06, 12:39 PM
Cobra R Member

I don't know......hhmmmmm. She knows more than she lets on.

Besides, just like fake *****, at a distance you may not know they are fake, but once the bra comes off......or the hood comes up

Then you know.
Old 10/11/06, 12:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by traffic142
I don't know......hhmmmmm. She knows more than she lets on.

Besides, just like fake *****, at a distance you may not know they are fake, but once the bra comes off......or the hood comes up

Then you know.

Nice points (pun intended )
Old 10/11/06, 12:57 PM
GT Member

Hey don't insult us ladies....we know alot more than you guys think we do and there is no way I would not notice if hubby pulled that on me.....
Old 10/11/06, 01:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'd say keep them unless you want to the "ungrateful husband". Or try showing her pictures of various hood pins inlcuding the one's you want and see which one's she think's look best. If she says I don't care they all look the same then pull the ol' switcheroo and get the one's you want.
IMO the CDC pins look great and won't put holes in your hood in case you don't like them. Not to mention I've seen alot of people with real hood pins that have dimples in there hoods because they went with real ones. Your car looks great as is and I wouldn't put hood pins on mine period. If your going to do it though I'd suggest you put them as far out as possible. Don't put place them were fang performance places there's.
Old 10/11/06, 02:14 PM
Cobra R Member

I am thinking of putting them where a real set would go if I go with real ones later on.
Old 10/11/06, 03:49 PM
Bullitt Member

i say put them on, and then in a few weeks/months you can upgrade to the real thing if you like them. after that long, a small change probably will go unnoticed, and if she does notice, then tell her you liked her gift so much you wanted to get the real thing done. just focus on how what she got you made the differance and was helpful
Old 10/11/06, 04:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by OdiousBarbarian
i say put them on, and then in a few weeks/months you can upgrade to the real thing if you like them. after that long, a small change probably will go unnoticed, and if she does notice, then tell her you liked her gift so much you wanted to get the real thing done. just focus on how what she got you made the differance and was helpful
+1, You might want to wait longer than a few months though. Drop lot's of hints how they look so cool your going to have to get the real deal eventually.
Old 10/11/06, 05:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
traffic,
I've been married 27yrs now to a Great lady.If she bought those for you, put them on.You can always hint you would like 'real' ones for Xmas.
Just my opinion.
aircare
Old 10/11/06, 05:27 PM
3rd Times A Charm

I say tell her thank you, but you had the real ones in mind. Exchange them for something else. What's the point of using them now, if your going to swap them out for the real ones?

It has nothing to do with being grateful or not. It's not like it's the fricken' dish towels man, it's your car!

I don't really see the reason behind having fake hood pins. I can understand scoops, but hood pics in where I would draw the line.

You've gone way too far in your car's build up, to cut yourself short on hood pins.

If you want hood pins, get the real one's. Otherwise, what's the point!
Old 10/11/06, 05:43 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
well....if you tell your wife you have this dillema....she'll blame your own indisicivness on you. someting like "Well, if you could make up your mind about anything in the first place, we wouldnt be in this position."..

Now...Hopefully she wouldnt do that...but those ladies have their way about defending thier actions.
Old 10/11/06, 05:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by OdiousBarbarian
Yeah put the fakes on now, near where the real ones would go. Wait at least until spring and start talking about real ones then.
Old 10/11/06, 06:44 PM
Cobra R Member

I agree, NOW how to make sure they are where I need them to be in the spring?
Old 10/12/06, 10:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by traffic142
I am not totally against the stick on hood pins, heck it is the same as non functional hood or side scoops. It is just that I just about convinced myself to give it a try with the real ones.
Since the OEM hood latch seems to function just fine with an OEM hood wouldn't even "real" hoods pins be basicly the same as the non-functional scoops? All for looks?
Old 10/12/06, 11:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Good point there LBJay.
Old 10/12/06, 03:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

stick on hood pins = RICE

Tell your wife thanks, but you want the real deal. She married ya, she'll understand.

Quick Reply: Hood Pin Dilema.....wife got me