05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/12, 02:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!

So I receive my HID kit from stangmods. I m following the install and go to test the light..nothing. I turn the car on hit the lights and the car shuts off?! after checking all wires i try it again same thing. So I say forget it and hook the stock bulbs. I got nothing. I go for a drive the car slows down to a crawl then picks up again. few seconds later the car shuts down. I fire it up drive a couple of seconds dies again! What have i done to my baby!! can anyone help???
Old 4/1/12, 02:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
check your fuses, you prolly wired something wrong and shorted the electrical system out, first thing that would go is the main fuse, that goes, you cant start or drive your car... remove hid system completely, then check all fuses under hood and dash.
Old 4/2/12, 06:14 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
There are two wiring harness on these cars , a 12v and a 5v which is the reference signal. If you accidentally tap into it the car will do all kinds of weird things ...
Old 4/3/12, 07:39 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crisis averted. I rechecked all wires and had a loose ground wire. All good now. Its always the little things