05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

GTS Front Covers

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/06, 09:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow thats a great price on those... I might be goin with that place then.... esp with free shipping!
Old 12/8/06, 12:19 AM
Cobra Member

well I just ordered the whole set from mustangextras.com, the taillights, fogs and headlights. haha we'll see how it goes now that I'm blocking all visible light from my car.
Old 12/8/06, 07:05 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WuTimeUT
well I just ordered the whole set from mustangextras.com, the taillights, fogs and headlights. haha we'll see how it goes now that I'm blocking all visible light from my car.
Please post pics when you get them cuz I wanna get the head/tail lite covers. I really want to see the taillite covers w/out the inbetween cover
Old 12/8/06, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

sure thing.... they'll prob get here pretty fast considering they re pretty close to me.
Old 12/8/06, 02:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by WuTimeUT
I've seen a bunch of photos of the taillights but has anyone put the GTS covers on the front? They look pretty dang dark to me and it seems they would affect driving conditions but they re also amazing looking

I have these covers. I had to trim the outside of mine for them to fit correctly. I made fog light covers from static cling limo tint I purchased from Auto Zone. I put on tail light covers then removed them because when I put on the brakes I want all to see them bright and not hit me in the rear.
Old 12/8/06, 03:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I had the GTS' and they are in the trash. I bought them before I even got my car, so by the time I got ****ed off at them it was too late to return them. They did not fit well at all on the edge of the headlight and fender on the passenger side. The bottom wouldn't fit well either on either one. Once they finally did go on and went for a short drive the bottom of both of them would be flapping in the wind which made the sides come out. At least they were locked in by the hood so they didn't fly off. I dealt with that crap for about a month or so and then got so frustrated that I just threw them in the trash.

I would love to have a set of some that actually fit well.
Old 12/8/06, 07:57 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by scramblr
I had the GTS' and they are in the trash. I bought them before I even got my car, so by the time I got ****ed off at them it was too late to return them. They did not fit well at all on the edge of the headlight and fender on the passenger side. The bottom wouldn't fit well either on either one. Once they finally did go on and went for a short drive the bottom of both of them would be flapping in the wind which made the sides come out. At least they were locked in by the hood so they didn't fly off. I dealt with that crap for about a month or so and then got so frustrated that I just threw them in the trash.

I would love to have a set of some that actually fit well.
****.!! Iv've heard great and Horror stories...Now I'm not sure whether to pull the trigger
Old 12/8/06, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
****.!! Iv've heard great and Horror stories...Now I'm not sure whether to pull the trigger
crud. i am with you. so, is lund a better product than gts? seems like people are only complaining about the gts one. or would lund give the same problems?

as far as the logo being painted on the lund, that isnt a problem because carb cleaner will take that right off.
Old 12/8/06, 11:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Originally Posted by sound wave
crud. i am with you. so, is lund a better product than gts? seems like people are only complaining about the gts one. or would lund give the same problems?

as far as the logo being painted on the lund, that isnt a problem because carb cleaner will take that right off.
O.K., tell you what...you guys try the Lund ones and let me know how it goes. If they work out I'll buy them.
Old 12/9/06, 01:57 PM
Cobra Member

I've heard a good and bad on both GTS and Lund... I just decided to see for myself, I'll let everyone know how it goes!
Old 12/9/06, 02:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Are these legal to drive around with? I really like the look but also dont feel like getting pulled over.
Old 12/10/06, 12:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by S197 V6
Are these legal to drive around with? I really like the look but also dont feel like getting pulled over.
They all say they're for off road only, i.e., shows. I think in most states, it's illegal to tint your headlights. But hey...we're rebels.
Old 12/10/06, 01:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

i am just totally guessing, but i would think it wouldnt be illegal if you drove around with them in the daytime and took them off at night, right? well, i would think that is the case anyways.
Old 12/10/06, 02:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

i am just totally guessing, but i would think it wouldnt be illegal if you drove around with them in the daytime and took them off at night, right? well, i would think that is the case anyways.
Ah see, now you're trying to use common sense...
Old 12/10/06, 08:06 AM
GTR Member

That may be true for the front ones but not the rear
Old 12/10/06, 09:22 AM
Big Falken Tires

Technically, they are all illegal - hence the offroad statement on all packaging

I had the front covers on my 88 GT way back and got pulled over by a cop at night one time because of them. (oops)

Running the ones on my 05, I never had a problem with them being loose or moving around at all. The story above is the one and only time I have heard of them moving around like that and causing any damages ouch!)

and you were still able to see the brakelights clearly even in the daytime on my 05.

The passeneger side headlightissue, I don't think I have seen one S197 with a 100% absolute perfect fitment no matter what the brand on that side - I am sure it is an issue with the factory fitment of the body parts on that side of the car and not the covers themselves as I have seen it so often.

As for the rears, lemme add that if you have a ducktail, it REALLY accentuates the looks because of how 'level' everything fits (ie - the extended material of the duktail is even with the further out height of the covers)

Looks factory sort of....

Old 12/10/06, 01:08 PM
Cobra Member

God that looks so awesome. I can't wait for mine!
Old 12/10/06, 02:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FYI the ones with painted logos can easily be removed with a small Exacto blade and some patience. I have AVS and you can't even tell where the lettering was.

However if the GTS ones are stickers that's definitely a better route.

Edit: my AVS ones fit just fine. You kinda have to give a little extra effort to get them into the right spot but once they're there everything fits perfect.
Old 12/10/06, 03:57 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Burke0011
Technically, they are all illegal - hence the offroad statement on all packaging

I had the front covers on my 88 GT way back and got pulled over by a cop at night one time because of them. (oops)

Running the ones on my 05, I never had a problem with them being loose or moving around at all. The story above is the one and only time I have heard of them moving around like that and causing any damages ouch!)

and you were still able to see the brakelights clearly even in the daytime on my 05.

The passeneger side headlightissue, I don't think I have seen one S197 with a 100% absolute perfect fitment no matter what the brand on that side - I am sure it is an issue with the factory fitment of the body parts on that side of the car and not the covers themselves as I have seen it so often.

As for the rears, lemme add that if you have a ducktail, it REALLY accentuates the looks because of how 'level' everything fits (ie - the extended material of the duktail is even with the further out height of the covers)

Looks factory sort of....

What knid of window louvers are these?
Old 12/11/06, 08:02 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
What knid of window louvers are these?
Street Scene Gen 1s.......

Quick Reply: GTS Front Covers