The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   GT-H made out of a GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/gt-h-made-out-gt-cs-455774/)

Hawk 8/1/07 09:50 AM

GT-H made out of a GT/CS

10 Attachment(s)
I am really excited. My long wait for my Mustang is finally over, and I picked it up July 12. :banana: :banana: :banana:
I love the Hertz Shelby GT-H cars, so I made my own. I ordered a black GT/CS, manual, parchment and black interior, 3.55 rear, and all options except navigation, shaker 1000 and satellite. As soon as I got it I pulled the black GT/CS stripe off the car, and put on gold decals. I didn't want to pass mine off as a GT-H, so it still proudly wears "GT/CS" on the gold side stripe. I striped the hood scoop, since 1966 GT-H cars had that. I tried to make it as close to a 2006 GT-H as possible. I'm having an absoulte BLAST driving it, and I think it looks better in real life than pictures!

Thanks also to this forum for helping me with many decisions about my Mustang. In that light, I'll post my pictures here for anyone considering the same thing as I did, so you can decide if you like it or not...

Vermillion06 8/1/07 10:07 AM

That is a really great color combo. I really like the GT/CS rocker stripe.

NJJOE 8/1/07 10:12 AM

Very cool! I like it a lot. Good color combination.

pegasusphototx 8/1/07 10:17 AM

Looks great. Now drop it about an inch and it'll be perfect!

-danny

05fordgt 8/1/07 10:25 AM

Hawk, the car looks KILLER!!!! Can't wait for you to bring it by the dealership so I can take a few pics of it! Glad your having fun with it, and was a pleasure ordering it for ya. :nice:

davisinla 8/1/07 10:28 AM

Very well done...I like!

FRITZ 8/1/07 11:52 AM

That looks great, now you need some 4" double walled GTA tips on the rear.

colbymh 8/1/07 11:54 AM

Looks very sweet. the overhead shot is one of the best, being able to see the flow of the stripes over the entire car, plus your parchment interior.

9 1/2" stripes? Did you buy a roll of the tape or a kit? Either way, can you advise where you got it.

Is that the standard hood scoop or the shelby scoop?

ShowGT 8/1/07 11:54 AM

I love it when a plan comes together. ConGrats!

CAL 8/1/07 11:55 AM

Man, I'm not usually a fan of clones, but I love what you did. Preserving the CS/GT via rocker stripes. I'm jealous.......love the look.

Javdog 8/1/07 01:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Darn that looks hot I would like to do the same but with a dark grey strips, love the look.

CalStang'07 8/1/07 01:36 PM

Holy Moly! This is hot!

Oh Wow!! I'm more of a big fan of the white GT/CS Stangs. But Holy Moly, this new Pony is so very hot looking!! Congrats Hawk! I don't think of it as clone at all. More like a totally one off black and gold creation done by the owner!! Love the gold GT/CS side stripe. You killed it. Total home run in the looks department!! Too Sweet. Don't hurt yourself smiling too much. Hope there are no wrecks as folks are watching you cruise by.. "RC" :nice:

snkchmr 8/1/07 03:57 PM

Great job when I got my car I really wanted one of the Shelby GTs I just could not see the money. I was going to do something like that & put Ford Racing on the side but I like what you did a lot better than my idea.

Hawk 8/1/07 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by colbymh (Post 975575)
Looks very sweet. the overhead shot is one of the best, being able to see the flow of the stripes over the entire car, plus your parchment interior.

9 1/2" stripes? Did you buy a roll of the tape or a kit? Either way, can you advise where you got it.

Is that the standard hood scoop or the shelby scoop?

Colby,

The stripes came from Baltimore Street Mods (http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...ndex&cPath=6_2) and are their 10" stripes. They come in tons of colors. Note: THE STRIPES ARE NOT EASY TO INSTALL. Hood and roof aren't too bad, but the bumpers and hood scoop are a pain.:banghead: If you don't have experience with this, I'd recommend professional installation. You have to be able to stretch or shrink the stripes in various places. I've installed stripes several times before on other cars, and these were by far the most challenging. Rocker stripes are easy, so you may want to cut your teeth on those first and see how you do. (On the other hand, for $140, it ain't gonna kill you if you mess one up - just email Rob and he'll cut you the piece you need at a reasonable price.)

The hood scoop is the standard scoop.

Hope this helps!

Hawk

AGBULLIT 8/1/07 07:15 PM

Awesome looking car Hawk! very tastefully done!

2005mach1 8/1/07 07:54 PM

really nice job.

GRAYPNY 8/1/07 08:14 PM

Hot looking car! :nice:

project_v6 8/1/07 09:00 PM

Clean car. That is how I want my car to look like.

Will you be getting the grille too?

You did a great job!

Poco 8/1/07 09:05 PM

As mentioned ...a nice drop would really set it off.The car looks great! Your disiplined manor of keeping the GT/CS logo on the car is first class.:nice:

colbymh 8/1/07 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 975902)
Colby,

The stripes came from Baltimore Street Mods (http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...ndex&cPath=6_2) and are their 10" stripes. They come in tons of colors. Note: THE STRIPES ARE NOT EASY TO INSTALL. Hood and roof aren't too bad, but the bumpers and hood scoop are a pain.:banghead: If you don't have experience with this, I'd recommend professional installation. You have to be able to stretch or shrink the stripes in various places. I've installed stripes several times before on other cars, and these were by far the most challenging. Rocker stripes are easy, so you may want to cut your teeth on those first and see how you do. (On the other hand, for $140, it ain't gonna kill you if you mess one up - just email Rob and he'll cut you the piece you need at a reasonable price.)

The hood scoop is the standard scoop.

Hope this helps!

Hawk

Thanks for the info bud...Actually I dont have any experience with adding stripes..But the good news is, is that I negotiated the stripes and other things into the price of my car before it leaves the dealership, so its something they have to do.

I have called around to a few mod shops and none have been that cheap. I think the cheapest I have heard is about $500 for 9 1/2", which is the same as the GT500.

Guess I will call my dealer tomorrow and let them know about your place..

Thanks again...

mustangpogi 8/2/07 12:22 AM

How did u measure the roof and rear lid?

Hawk 8/2/07 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by mustangpogi (Post 976103)
How did u measure the roof and rear lid?

I used a cloth tape (the kind used for sewing - avoids scratches on the finish) to measure from each side. Then I placed a piece of blue masking tape with the edge at exact center. Measure several times to confirm you are dead on. Then I used 1 1/2" blue masking tape and placed it with the center of the tape in the exact center of the car. Measure again. While this may be a pain to get exact, it'll show. Take your time and get it right before you move on. One small piece of tape on each end is enough. At this point you are ready to float the stripes on, leaving them 1/4" from the tape. As a final check, use your eye before the stripes set to ensure that they look good.

I also cut myself a piece of tape and folded it back on itself lengthwise. I then cut it so it was exactly 2" wide. This was a handy little "tool" to verify the stirpe separation while I was installing...

Hawk 8/2/07 06:29 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the many nice comments - it is appreciated! :nice:

I am having a blast with this car - more fun than I could have imagined!

unnoticedtrails 8/2/07 07:25 AM

beautiful car!

vistablue mustang 8/2/07 09:01 AM

Hey Hawk,

Jeff was telling me about your car, looks awesome man. You really did a great job, especially since you did it all yourself. I am debating over the top stripes again on mine but I worry about metallic vinyl fading too quickly and painting is extremely expensive to have it done right (not to mention my body shops know how picky I am and don't like messing with my paint:jester: )

AFBLUE 8/2/07 09:44 AM

http://www.californiaspecial.com/for...4&postcount=24

I was right. :nice:

frdtch05gt 8/2/07 10:29 AM

Very cool, I bet that car turns as many heads as the real GT-H does. :nice:

Hawk 8/2/07 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang (Post 976223)
Hey Hawk,

...I am debating over the top stripes again on mine but I worry about metallic vinyl fading too quickly and painting is extremely expensive to have it done right (not to mention my body shops know how picky I am and don't like messing with my paint:jester: )

Tom,

I would have preferred to have the stripes painted too, but it wasn't in my budget. I don't know how these stripes will look in a couple of years, but I figure if they look bad, I can just replace them. Yeah, the installation is a pain in the <:filters: >, but the cost is really very reasonable.

By the way, I put them on myself because I am a picky SOB too. This way, I wouldn't complain about the cost and the idiot who put the stripes on!

Hawk 8/2/07 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by project_v6 (Post 976002)
Clean car. That is how I want my car to look like.

Will you be getting the grille too?

You did a great job!

No, I plan on leaving the grille stock, although I like the idea of the V6 lights with projector beams! I think the V6 fog lights look really cool.

wulfstang 8/2/07 11:50 AM

Looks great! I love the black and gold combo! Congrats!

BLCKNED 8/2/07 10:02 PM

Looks tight!!

jacostang 8/2/07 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Vermillion06 (Post 975488)
That is a really great color combo. I really like the GT/CS rocker stripe.

+1:nice:

pitpup 8/2/07 11:38 PM

Wow. Nobody mentioned the seats! Classic Soft Trim?

TorchRedStang 8/3/07 02:21 AM

Ur car looks AMAZING man!!! I usually dont like rocker stripes lol i dont know why but they look great on ur stang!! Congratulations and enjoy!!!:banana: :banana:

CAL 8/3/07 08:08 AM

Awesome! Now add some FRPP M-5230-GTA axle-backs to complete the Shelby GT-H look..... you want identical sound at the GTAs + FRPP X-pipe.....

4" tips vs. stockers would look and sound nice........trust me..

davisinla 8/3/07 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by CAL (Post 977083)
..... you want identical sound at the GTAs + FRPP X-pipe.....

Would adding the X pipe make a difference? I've already got the GTAs. (:nice: )

nickpurcell 8/3/07 09:48 AM

thats what im going for also, cant right the right stripes though. the bsm ones are the wrong size and color :( so i might just get silver. but you should definately get the upper and lower billet grille from shelby. the lower grille has fog lights. also some hood pins would really do the trick. here is minehttp://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...k/IMGA2252.jpghttp://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...k/100_1010.jpg

davisinla 8/3/07 12:11 PM

Nothing against the Shelby grille, but I kinda like the OP's use of the stock GT grille.

firestang 8/3/07 12:25 PM

that car is awesome! you did a great job. the gta's w/ the tips would certainly round out the car.

05fordgt 8/3/07 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by pitpup (Post 976946)

Hey Stan old buddy, whats going on. Those seats are stock from Ford. Part of the California Special Package. :nice:

Hawk 8/3/07 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by pitpup (Post 976946)

Stan,

As Jeff (my salesman - great guy, straight shooter with great knowledge and advice - I recommend him!), mentioned in the previous post, the seats (and entire interior) are stock. The GT/CS models come with Charcoal and Dove (grey) or Charcoal and Parchment (tan) interiors. I ordered my car with a Charcoal and Parchment so it would compliment the gold stripes.

At least for now, I plan on leaving the interior stock - it's great just the way it is. It's time now to concentrate on the performance mods - nothing crazy, probably just similar to the GT-H mods, since this car is my daily driver...

QuarterHorse 8/6/07 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 977432)
Stan,

As Jeff (my salesman - great guy, straight shooter with great knowledge and advice - I recommend him!), mentioned in the previous post, the seats (and entire interior) are stock. The GT/CS models come with Charcoal and Dove (grey) or Charcoal and Parchment (tan) interiors. I ordered my car with a Charcoal and Parchment so it would compliment the gold stripes.

At least for now, I plan on leaving the interior stock - it's great just the way it is. It's time now to concentrate on the performance mods - nothing crazy, probably just similar to the GT-H mods, since this car is my daily driver...

I agree the stock interior of the GT/CS is great the way it is.....and yes, Jeff is a great guy to buy from. I should know.

You did a great and very tasteful job with that car bro. I never really wanted to mess with the stripes on mine, but you got me thinking about silver stripes on my VB GT/CS now :)

slowjoe24 8/9/07 10:53 AM

Wicked!!! :metal:

theredliner 8/15/07 08:22 PM

I think I will clone your clone

Great Job! Someone finally got up the courage to change perfection. I have an identical GT/CS and have been debating gold or silver stripes. As great as yours looks, definately the gold will be my choice. Like you I admird the Hertz Car and the Shelby. Never wanted to make a clone but I think I will be brave like you. I will also add the hood pins to mine and may place the stripe in the original GT/CS position. Thanks!

colbymh 8/15/07 09:51 PM

Where do you order the hood pins? Straight from Ford?

Hawk 8/17/07 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by theredliner (Post 985621)
... I will also add the hood pins to mine and may place the stripe in the original GT/CS position. Thanks!

Tim,

Glad pictures of my car is helping other people decide what they like for theirs. I can tell you all the pictures on this forum really helped me make up my mind about what I liked. I respect all the cars and what people have done. Life would be kinda boring if we all liked the same stuff!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your car when it's done! I thought about putting a gold stripe in the priginal GT/CS location, but decided against it when I couldn't get one that would fade.

Maybe you'll make me regret putting mine on the rockers! Good luck with your project :nice:

Benzito 8/18/07 09:58 PM

I don't usually like clones either (esp when you can get the real deal), but you've changed my mind. The scoop hood is technically more correct than the CS6 hood that Shelby uses! Your car is probably one of one with the GT/CS rocker (instead of copying the Shelby logo) - nice job.

ANy thoughts about wheels / rims or are you keeping it stock? When mine comes in, I am thinking of the CS69 - looks similar to the Magnum 500 from the 60s. Keep the pictures coming!

Hawk 8/20/07 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Benzito (Post 987539)
I don't usually like clones either (esp when you can get the real deal), but you've changed my mind. The scoop hood is technically more correct than the CS6 hood that Shelby uses! Your car is probably one of one with the GT/CS rocker (instead of copying the Shelby logo) - nice job.

ANy thoughts about wheels / rims or are you keeping it stock? When mine comes in, I am thinking of the CS69 - looks similar to the Magnum 500 from the 60s. Keep the pictures coming!

Honestly, when I first ordered my car I wasn't real thrilled with the rims. I thought they were OK, but nothing special. The stock rims have grown on me since, and at least for now, I don't plan on changing them. If money were no object, I would change to the GT-40 style rims. I really like the way they look.

BLCKNED 8/21/07 01:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 976293)
No, I plan on leaving the grille stock, although I like the idea of the V6 lights with projector beams! I think the V6 fog lights look really cool.

Here is my GT/CS with the grille :grin:

It's not easy to modify the stock GT grille but the end results speak for themselves.

Great job on your custom. :metal:

BLCKNED 8/21/07 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by nickpurcell (Post 977167)

Did you just remove your grille and bolt on the shelby one?? :glare:

How did you secure the pony badge? That's where I ran into a heap of trouble, but got it done thanks to Ray Man from the boards.

RaGsHoCkEy88 8/21/07 01:47 PM

i suggest u get a tri-bar pony badge to fill the gap in the fender

Hawk 8/21/07 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by RaGsHoCkEy88 (Post 989258)
i suggest u get a tri-bar pony badge to fill the gap in the fender

Yeah, I've been considering adding the pony emblem. I'm not familiar with how the emblem attaches - does it use double sided tape or does the car need to have holes drilled into it for pins? I'm not sure I want to drill the fenders! :wonder: (Now for hood pins, that's another matter! :grin: )

05fordgt 8/21/07 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 989460)
Yeah, I've been considering adding the pony emblem. I'm not familiar with how the emblem attaches - does it use double sided tape or does the car need to have holes drilled into it for pins? I'm not sure I want to drill the fenders! :wonder: (Now for hood pins, that's another matter! :grin: )

Hey bud, its Jeff, you can just take off the GT emblem with dental floss, and there are 2 guide pins and 2 holes in the fender. The pony tribar emblems would mount in the same holes with their own guide pins. A simple switch. If you want a set, let me know. :nice:

Benzito 8/22/07 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by colbymh (Post 985694)
Where do you order the hood pins? Straight from Ford?

Shelby has hood pins that they sell aftermarket - same as on the GT and GT-H. Sparco makes a set for about $36. I was at the local Ford dealer today and the parts guy told me that they also have a factory set.

colbymh - if you are in the Portland area, you can call Landmark in Tigard and see if they have any in stock.

SilverBossGT 8/22/07 05:25 AM

Hawk,

Car looks great! I like how you kept the car clean, and didn't try to put too much on it. Congrats on a great looking car.

colbymh 8/22/07 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Benzito (Post 989726)
Shelby has hood pins that they sell aftermarket - same as on the GT and GT-H. Sparco makes a set for about $36. I was at the local Ford dealer today and the parts guy told me that they also have a factory set.

colbymh - if you are in the Portland area, you can call Landmark in Tigard and see if they have any in stock.

Ahhh, another Oregon person. I am actually in Salem, but buying mine from **** Hannah...How bout you?

Hawk 8/23/07 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 989580)
Hey bud, its Jeff, you can just take off the GT emblem with dental floss, and there are 2 guide pins and 2 holes in the fender. The pony tribar emblems would mount in the same holes with their own guide pins. A simple switch. If you want a set, let me know. :nice:

Jeff,

Thanks for answering my question. So the answer is that you DO have to drill holes to add an emblem to the side of a GT/CS car. (Remember - you sold me a GT/CS, not a GT!!! :poke: :nice:
Since I would have to drill, I'll keep the side without any additional emblem...

Benzito 8/23/07 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by colbymh (Post 989866)
Ahhh, another Oregon person. I am actually in Salem, but buying mine from **** Hannah...How bout you?

How to put it politely . . . I don't deal with **** Hannah dealerships any more. Too many bad experiences, which is too bad, because they cover just about every make and model in the Portland area.

It will be nice to see another SE Mustang on the roads around here! I think I've seen a GT 500, only one CS, and one Hertz other than my own in the past few months (no Shelby GTs).

colbymh 8/23/07 10:55 AM

Care to share your experience with them, either here or pm?? I went to the new Ford dealership off broadway. Ive had a few problems, but honestly it hasnt been there fault, its been Ford in general when they decided to stop building 07 GT/CS's.

I dont see any GT/CS's around, which is odd since they sell so fast if they hit a dealer. There isnt to many dealers that had 07's.

I do see alot of pony's and a few GT's.

05fordgt 8/23/07 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 990245)
Jeff,

Thanks for answering my question. So the answer is that you DO have to drill holes to add an emblem to the side of a GT/CS car. (Remember - you sold me a GT/CS, not a GT!!! :poke: :nice:
Since I would have to drill, I'll keep the side without any additional emblem...

:doh: My bad buddy. Still recouping from my hospital stay. What you can do though, is just take the pony emblems, get a dremel, and grind off the 3 mounting posts. I did this for a friend on his 2005 V6. I just took measurements off a Pony Package V6, and applied them. The 2 sided tape has held perfectly on his car. :nice:

Reediculous 2/3/08 03:43 PM

iwant those

hey man i want my car to have those same stripes but i want the mettalic silver so i was wondering what type of stripes those are and what size they are because i want it exactly like yours bumper to bumper it looks really good

Hawk 2/5/08 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Reediculous (Post 1100713)
hey man i want my car to have those same stripes but i want the mettalic silver so i was wondering what type of stripes those are and what size they are because i want it exactly like yours bumper to bumper it looks really good

The stripes came from Baltimore Street Mods (http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...ndex&cPath=6_2) and are their 10" stripes. They come in tons of colors, including silver. Note: THE STRIPES ARE NOT EASY TO INSTALL. Hood and roof aren't too bad, but the bumpers and hood scoop are a pain.:banghead: If you don't have experience with this, I'd recommend professional installation. You have to be able to stretch or shrink the stripes in various places. I've installed stripes several times before on other cars, and these were by far the most challenging. Rocker stripes are easy, so you may want to cut your teeth on those first and see how you do. (On the other hand, for $140, it ain't gonna kill you if you mess one up - just email Rob and he'll cut you the piece you need at a reasonable price.)

Hope this helps!

Hawk

slowjoe24 2/5/08 08:34 PM

Any new pics?? Looking Great!!

pilatti1 2/6/08 05:29 PM

Sweeeeeeet looking ride. I too like the GT-H and tried to rent one but could never get one so I bought a '07 GT/CS.

Looks really nice...great job with the stripes

Hawk 2/7/08 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by slowjoe24 (Post 1102306)
Any new pics?? Looking Great!!

Sorry, no new pics yet. With the Pennsylvania winter, the car isn't getting washed as often as I would like it, and it certainly isn't getting detailed the way it should be! (Although my wife thinks I'm nuts when I wash it in 40 Degree weather:poke:)

I am still having a blast driving it, but I avoid the salt and sloppy days. So much for it being a 100% daily driver! My old Suburban still gets the nod when the roads are nasty...

I do plan to install a cold air intake and reprogram the computer very shortly, although that won't change the appearance.

One appearance mod I am considering is changing my exhaust tips to larger ones that fill the openings in the bumper better. I am worried about changing the mufflers, because I do not want to make the car louder at highway speeds. (If I want LOUD, I've got my Roadrunner:jester:.) Does anyone know if just exhaust tips are available?

Thanks,

Hawk

MilStang 2/8/08 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 1103662)
Sorry, no new pics yet. With the Pennsylvania winter, the car isn't getting washed as often as I would like it, and it certainly isn't getting detailed the way it should be! (Although my wife thinks I'm nuts when I wash it in 40 Degree weather:poke:)

I am still having a blast driving it, but I avoid the salt and sloppy days. So much for it being a 100% daily driver! My old Suburban still gets the nod when the roads are nasty...

I do plan to install a cold air intake and reprogram the computer very shortly, although that won't change the appearance.

One appearance mod I am considering is changing my exhaust tips to larger ones that fill the openings in the bumper better. I am worried about changing the mufflers, because I do not want to make the car louder at highway speeds. (If I want LOUD, I've got my Roadrunner:jester:.) Does anyone know if just exhaust tips are available?

Thanks,

Hawk

I have not seen just tips but I am sure they are out there. I love the Ford racing exhaust on my Shelby though. I didn't want a loud car unless I was stomping on it. That is exactly what I got too. It is quite with just a slight burble (Is that really a word?) and gets deeper the more gas you give it but still quite a bit softer than some of the other aftermarket ones. That and the tips fill out the bumper VERY nice.

There are pics of my car in the Shelby GT section if you want to see what they look like. Good luck and I love what you did with the car!

:nice:

05fordgt 2/8/08 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 1103662)

Thanks,

Hawk

Hey Hawk, its Jeff. How have ya been? You can get a set of Ford Chrome Tips. That would help a little. The just bolt on. In regards to the car being louder at highway speeds with new mufflers, here is what I can tell you. Before I added my headers, the car at highway speeds wasn't bad at all. In 5th gear, it was downright quite with only the Borla Stingers. If you ever want to, just give me a call. I can take you out in my car on the highway, and you can see how it sounds. Even with my headers, the car in 5th at highway cruising speeds isn't bad at all. I can easily hold a conversation in it, without having to raise my voice. :nice:

Hawk 2/11/08 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 1104017)
Hey Hawk, its Jeff. How have ya been? You can get a set of Ford Chrome Tips. That would help a little. The just bolt on. In regards to the car being louder at highway speeds with new mufflers, here is what I can tell you. Before I added my headers, the car at highway speeds wasn't bad at all. In 5th gear, it was downright quite with only the Borla Stingers. If you ever want to, just give me a call. I can take you out in my car on the highway, and you can see how it sounds. Even with my headers, the car in 5th at highway cruising speeds isn't bad at all. I can easily hold a conversation in it, without having to raise my voice. :nice:

Jeff,

Thanks for the help. Yeah, I guess the best thing is to listen to a few cars before I make any move on mufflers. I am guessing that it will be spring or summer before I go shopping for mufflers, and I'm sure we'll touch base before then - perhaps at a car show!?

1st order of business is to purchase the CAI and tune. I guess I need to finalize which "package" I should get. I definitely want to get the CAI and tune together, so they are made to work with one another. I also want a tune for both 87 and 93 octane, so I can do both. I don't really plan anything wild for now (maybe in a few years:jester:).

Hawk 2/11/08 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by MilStang (Post 1103963)
I have not seen just tips but I am sure they are out there. I love the Ford racing exhaust on my Shelby though. I didn't want a loud car unless I was stomping on it. That is exactly what I got too. It is quite with just a slight burble (Is that really a word?) and gets deeper the more gas you give it but still quite a bit softer than some of the other aftermarket ones. That and the tips fill out the bumper VERY nice.

There are pics of my car in the Shelby GT section if you want to see what they look like. Good luck and I love what you did with the car!

:nice:

Brian,

First of all, your car is SWEET! It must be a blast to drive!

Thanks for the details regarding the Ford Racing Exhaust. I will be sure to add those to my list of mufflers to check out when the time comes late spring or summer.

What I want to avoid are mufflers like my Roadrunner has. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the sound. The car sounds wicked, but not too loud. BUT, when you put your foot in it the car rattles the windows of the whole neighborhood. It is great fun, but if I started the car regularly at 5 AM my neighbors would chase me out of the neighborhood! Furthermore, the Roadrunner gets very tiring on a long drive. The exhaust drone makes it hard to have a conversation.

We'll have to keep the Mustang more timid...

Regards,

Hawk

05stangkc 10/23/23 01:12 PM

The Guests Like This thread So Be Free Fly Legacy Thread!

A Center Fog Grille on the Op's Car and That Would be The Look For me if I Had Kept My Black 05!

KC

dirkpitt289 10/24/23 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 5373303)
I am really excited. My long wait for my Mustang is finally over, and I picked it up July 12. :banana: :banana: :banana:
I love the Hertz Shelby GT-H cars, so I made my own. I ordered a black GT/CS, manual, parchment and black interior, 3.55 rear, and all options except navigation, shaker 1000 and satellite. As soon as I got it I pulled the black GT/CS stripe off the car, and put on gold decals. I didn't want to pass mine off as a GT-H, so it still proudly wears "GT/CS" on the gold side stripe. I striped the hood scoop, since 1966 GT-H cars had that. I tried to make it as close to a 2006 GT-H as possible. I'm having an absoulte BLAST driving it, and I think it looks better in real life than pictures!

Thanks also to this forum for helping me with many decisions about my Mustang. In that light, I'll post my pictures here for anyone considering the same thing as I did, so you can decide if you like it or not...

That is a sharp looking car