05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

GT grill with functional fog lamps

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/05, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V6 owners in the central Florida area, Tropical Ford in Orlando offers V6 owners a complete installation in 1/2 day. Contact me at www.service@tropicalford.com or call me: 407-851-1764 and ask for the Service Manager, I will be happy to explain pricing, warranty and other V6 mustang upgrades!
Old 1/1/05, 12:01 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The GT grille won't fit on the V6.
Old 1/1/05, 12:10 PM

Beg to differ with you, but the GT grill DOES fit, as we have done three (3) mustangs and sold two (2) of them because of the GT grills, As my first post states, call me and I will be happy to detail the install!!
Old 1/1/05, 12:20 PM
GT Member

Sweet! Now, can I get someone in Houston doing that?
Old 1/1/05, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by RTS5901@January 1, 2005, 1:13 PM
Beg to differ with you, but the GT grill DOES fit, as we have done three (3) mustangs and sold two (2) of them because of the GT grills, As my first post states, call me and I will be happy to detail the install!!
Well their are many people who have tried and said it doesn't fit the same since the front fascias are different. Would you mind posting pics of a V6 with the GT grill in it?
Old 1/1/05, 01:28 PM

Yep, we need a pic please.
Old 1/1/05, 01:39 PM

True, the bumper shape is slightly different than a GT bumper where the grill bottom meets the top of the bumper fascia, The bottom of the grill sticks outward just a bit, but not enough to have kept our buyers from purchasing the vehicles. I will be more than happy to post pictures if possible on Monday (01/03).
Old 1/2/05, 05:11 PM
GT Member

I have seen all 3 of these upgraded V6's and they do look ok from a distance but they are NOT an exact fit with the GT grill.Gaps at the bottom and the center of the grill sticks out past the lip on the bumper cover.I didn't get to see how they are attached at the bottom of the grill because none of the tabs line up between the 2 grills.Sticker says 995.00 for the upgrade,don't think I would have it put on my V6 even if it were less expensive.JMO.....
Old 1/2/05, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I find it funny how v6 owners desperately try to make their cars look like the v8 GT model.. Laughable .. Why can't these people be real and just buy the actual car they are trying to emulate ?? ( not all of them as not all do this) .

For crying out loud, by modding your v6 to desperately try to make your car look better (hopefully like a GT), EVERYBODY is going to know in time as the general public gets used to the look of these cars. Everyone will spot the difference.. My goodness what a mistake doing that will be as the people who do these mods will be laughed at on the road..

With all the money spent on trying to be a GT, just buy the GT and be real (and have a real engine) .. Instead of being fake and superficial.

Now, some v6 owners may get offended by this since I have seen many of you have soft skin , but look at it as constructive criticism ( because everything I stated is the truth- you will see it first hand in time) .
Old 1/2/05, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by Domainer@January 2, 2005, 7:31 PM
I find it funny how v6 owners desperately try to make their cars look like the v8 GT model.. Laughable .. Why can't these people be real and just buy the actual car they are trying to emulate ?? ( not all of them as not all do this) .

For crying out loud, by modding your v6 to desperately try to make your car look better (hopefully like a GT), EVERYBODY is going to know in time as the general public gets used to the look of these cars. Everyone will spot the difference.. My goodness what a mistake doing that will be as the people who do these mods will be laughed at on the road..

With all the money spent on trying to be a GT, just buy the GT and be real (and have a real engine) .. Instead of being fake and superficial.

Now, some v6 owners may get offended by this since I have seen many of you have soft skin , but look at it as constructive criticism ( because everything I stated is the truth- you will see it first hand in time) .
Or maybe they just like the foglights? I guess you think the GT owners that order the spoiler delete just really want their car to look like a V6. Maybe its just me, but my foglights have not improved the performance of my engine thus far.
Old 1/2/05, 06:35 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm a GT owner and I have no problem with a V6 taking ideas from a GT. GT's take from V6's also. It's a matter of taste.
GET OVER IT!!!!
It's people like you that keep our hobby down.
They're not trying to fool anyone. (unless they put on GT emblems)
Some people want to put a V6 grille on a GT.
In fact I removed all my GT emblems. Not to be a sleeper though. Car is practicatly stock. I just think it looks better.
Old 1/2/05, 06:36 PM
FR500 Member

Old 1/2/05, 06:39 PM

Originally posted by StangNut@January 2, 2005, 7:38 PM
I'm a GT owner and I have no problem with a V6 taking ideas from a GT. GT's take from V6's also. It's a matter of taste.
GET OVER IT!!!!
It's people like you that keep our hobby down.
They're not trying to fool anyone. (unless they put on GT emblems)
Some people want to put a V6 grille on a GT.
In fact I removed all my GT emblems. Not to be a sleeper though. Car is practicatly stock. I just think it looks better.
Hey Jason, you are not too far from me, let me know when you get your '05 in, I am trying to organize a meet and greet for those of us in the Florida panhandle and southern Alabama. Posted it in the Southeast section of Regional chat.
Old 1/2/05, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1+January 2, 2005, 7:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ January 2, 2005, 7:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Domainer@January 2, 2005, 7:31 PM

Or maybe they just like the foglights? I guess you think the GT owners that order the spoiler delete just really want their car to look like a V6. Maybe its just me, but my foglights have not improved the performance of my engine thus far. [/b][/quote]
Thank you, my wanting fog lights on my V6 does not mean i am going to buy the GT emblems and try to make the V6 appear as a GT. But i do agree that it is silly if someone would want to make an exact duplicate of the GT without any no intentions of making it as fast if not faster than the car they are trying to immulate (some may not be abl to afford the GT insurance...after all you do always have to pay insurance, it can't be paid off like the price of the car itself) I just don't think a V6 owner wanting foglights means they want their car to look like a GT, it just simply means they want foglights.
Old 1/2/05, 06:41 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Domainer,

I tend to disagree with that ignorant opinion towards the V6

Not everyone is a millionaire, and there is nothing wrong with adding classy touches to the base model Mustang they can afford. V6 sales of Camaro and Firebird were nonexistent, and surprise, you can't get a 2005 model.

They are not trying to emulate the GT, but just adding nice bits from the parts bin that they like. Tacking on GT logos are different, that is a phony attempt to pass off a car as a GT, which I don't agree with.

I don't understand the ignorant attitude towards V6's, not everyone can afford a GT.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to finish my caviar and go to a polo match, do you have any Grey Poupon?
Old 1/2/05, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Exactly. Domainer, why don't you be quiet for once. All you can do is diss people and their V6's. I think holderca1 brought up a great point, why are GT's having spoiler delete option. It is fine for V6's to have fogs, what if they want the illumination. If you actually had a 2005 GT instead of just being an idiot about how it is so much better than the V6 you would know that the fogs provide a considerable amount light on the road.
Old 1/2/05, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Grey Puopon? But of course!

I agree with you Galaxie! Nothing wrong with adding, and or subtracting componets found on one but not the other. Some people have mentioned wanting to swap out their GT grill in favor of the V6's grill. Is that wrong?

Also agreed on the Badge swapping thing. A GT badge on a V6 is sort of sad! The ultimate disgrace though is hanging a Cobra badge on your V6.
Old 1/2/05, 06:56 PM
Bullitt Member

why can't some of you people read ?? That is the real question here.. Let me say this for the 2nd time - "not all of them as not all do this" .

I was specifically referring to people who mod their v6's to look like GT's (and not just by adding the fogs) . It's very soon and I have already seen one and it looks horrid.. And yes, me and the friend that was with me (another mustang fan) were laughing hysterically .

If anything, I was doing a service to people by saving the pain later .. And badandy, you are the true idiot for not being able to understand that and ignoring the quote where I specifically said not all v6 owners do the GT mods .
Old 1/2/05, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by Domainer@January 2, 2005, 7:59 PM
why can't some of you people read ?? That is the real question here.. Let me say this for the 2nd time - "not all of them as not all do this" .
So how can you tell the difference between the ones adding fog lights to emulate a GT and the ones adding them for the look and the added light?
Old 1/2/05, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by incorrigible@January 2, 2005, 7:58 PM
A GT badge on a V6 is sort of sad! The ultimate disgrace though is hanging a Cobra badge on your V6.
Heh, yes .. Someone who gets it ..

Quick Reply: GT grill with functional fog lamps