05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Got all my exterior mods done

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/07, 09:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love the center fogs, strongly dislike the badges.
Old 8/1/07, 10:05 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good..I agree w/tint and pony badges instead
Old 8/1/07, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

look, there will always be replicas, motortrend had a great write-up on the subject, so did several other mags. they are not only desired but needed. so build your GT500 and badge it accordingly. but to stick a cobra on the GT just looks weird. and stop it with "it's his money he can buy what he wants"
you can also find women jeans to fit, it would look weird.
Old 8/1/07, 12:34 PM
Cobra Member

Looks great, you put what ever badges you want on there. Just so long as they are Ford badges of course, now if you had some red R badges that would be wrong
Old 8/1/07, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

When I think of a Cobra, I think of a Mustang taken to the next level. By the time I get done with all my mods, my car will out-handle, out-brake, and in some cases out-run a Cobra. So the Cobra badges are not completely unjustified. And if you don't like them, too bad. It's not your car.
Old 8/1/07, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Then the real question is what is the timeframe? If you're talking a year or so, then I believe they should be removed. If your car can run with the 500's then it's proper to say that the car deserves the badge. That is my personal opinion and I stand strong by it, and I'm glad to see that you are strongly opinionated because at the end of the day, you are the only one who has to be happy, not any of us
Old 8/1/07, 03:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Paradigm, if I'm ever in Houston, I'll buy you a beer. I respect a man who knows his opinion and sticks by it.
Old 8/2/07, 04:55 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by JonW
When I think of a Cobra, I think of a Mustang taken to the next level. By the time I get done with all my mods, my car will out-handle, out-brake, and in some cases out-run a Cobra. So the Cobra badges are not completely unjustified.
And if you don't like them, too bad. It's not your car
when you post your car w/new mods,do you want everyone to lie and say they love it or do you want honest opinions ?This subject has been beat to death so much, it's unbelievable..As soon as I saw your pic,I knew you would get people saying something negative about the badging..I'm not sure if you are Po'd about it but if you are ,I would say don't waste your time ,it's nothing personal
Old 8/2/07, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

No, I'm not PO'd about it at all. I even offered to buy Paradigm a beer, and he disagreed with the emblems. I'm just saying that you're entitled to your opinion, but at the end of the day, it's still my car and I can do what I want with it. Besides, if those emblems were such the "holy grail", why is it that when you go to FRPP's website, you can buy them there? And on Shelby's performance parts website. It's not like they're selling them as replacement parts. They're out to make a buck, and if selling Cobra emblems makes them a buck, they're gonna do it.
Old 8/2/07, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

When I think of a Cobra, I think of a Mustang taken to the next level. By the time I get done with all my mods, my car will out-handle, out-brake, and in some cases out-run a Cobra. So the Cobra badges are not completely unjustified. And if you don't like them, too bad. It's not your car.
The old argument that "my car will be faster than a Cobra" has always struck me as a ricer argument. I always used to hear guys say how Type R emblems were ok because there car is faster than a type R, handles better, etc. But it's just not a very good argument, a Cobra is a Cobra. A GT is a GT. No amount of work you do will transform your GT into a Cobra. The VIN is serialized as a GT, and always will be. If you swap every single component from your car out with a GT500 component, and then try to sell your car as a "GT500", it's still fraud (not implying you would do that or that people are trying to make money). This is because Mustang's are built by Ford, not tuners (and in the case of the Cobra, the engine block is signed off and a Certificate of Authenticity is granted). You buy a GT, you always have a GT, nothing wrong with that. Our cars stock are faster than 96-98 Cobra's and run neck and neck with 99-01 Cobra's, does that mean every stock GT should be able to have Cobra badges? The emblems are not the holy grail, there's nothing really special about them, but the fact that you CAN buy them from FRPP doesn't mean you SHOULD. At the end of the day your car is a GT, what's wrong with that? Why label your car as something it's not? If you supercharge your car and it's faster than a Ferrari, can you put a ferrari emblem on it? See my point?

Of course it's your car and you can do what you want, as you say. I mean, obviously nobody can stop you. Posting your car on a community message board will always subject you to the opinions of the community. And many of us as members of the Mustang community want to make clear that misbadging cars, is in our opinion, in bad taste. Imagine explaining the emblems to a Cobra owner who sees them at a Car Show, what can you say that won't sound foolish?
Old 8/2/07, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jedikd
The old argument that "my car will be faster than a Cobra" has always struck me as a ricer argument. I always used to hear guys say how Type R emblems were ok because there car is faster than a type R, handles better, etc. But it's just not a very good argument, a Cobra is a Cobra. A GT is a GT. No amount of work you do will transform your GT into a Cobra. The VIN is serialized as a GT, and always will be. If you swap every single component from your car out with a GT500 component, and then try to sell your car as a "GT500", it's still fraud (not implying you would do that or that people are trying to make money). This is because Mustang's are built by Ford, not tuners (and in the case of the Cobra, the engine block is signed off and a Certificate of Authenticity is granted). You buy a GT, you always have a GT, nothing wrong with that. Our cars stock are faster than 96-98 Cobra's and run neck and neck with 99-01 Cobra's, does that mean every stock GT should be able to have Cobra badges? The emblems are not the holy grail, there's nothing really special about them, but the fact that you CAN buy them from FRPP doesn't mean you SHOULD. At the end of the day your car is a GT, what's wrong with that? Why label your car as something it's not? If you supercharge your car and it's faster than a Ferrari, can you put a ferrari emblem on it? See my point?

Of course it's your car and you can do what you want, as you say. I mean, obviously nobody can stop you. Posting your car on a community message board will always subject you to the opinions of the community. And many of us as members of the Mustang community want to make clear that misbadging cars, is in our opinion, in bad taste. Imagine explaining the emblems to a Cobra owner who sees them at a Car Show, what can you say that won't sound foolish?
Ford sells em to anyone. Simple. It's all about the benjamins. Especially in these next couple years when they will be trying to recover from enormous debt. Selling those badges in turn makes a real quick buck. Honestly, I don't blame Ford.

No, I'm not PO'd about it at all. I even offered to buy Paradigm a beer, and he disagreed with the emblems. I'm just saying that you're entitled to your opinion, but at the end of the day, it's still my car and I can do what I want with it. Besides, if those emblems were such the "holy grail", why is it that when you go to FRPP's website, you can buy them there? And on Shelby's performance parts website. It's not like they're selling them as replacement parts. They're out to make a buck, and if selling Cobra emblems makes them a buck, they're gonna do it.
+1 all the way. And I'm not just saying that cause I want my beer. (You can call me Blake btw)