05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Good mail day!

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/05, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a good parts delivery day today. First, the Ford parts guy called and said my new IUP door sills and exhast tip were in and I only owed $7.00 after returning the getto rubber floor mats. So I went and picked them up right away. When I got back the UPS guy had brought my order from MGW- pony power point plug, pony hanger kit, and door pins. Then in the mail was the Mustang script emblem I ordered from SS Inserts. Whoo Hoo! Lot's of goodies. I am sending the Mustang script emblem back though cause it is discolored, bummer. And I am still waiting for my new embroidered dash mat that I was hoping would arrive today. Oh well, still a good day for parts!
Old 3/18/05, 03:38 PM

Well go put them on and share some pics already.
Old 3/18/05, 03:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

*Sigh* I can't seem to get pic's uploaded. I don't know if I am the problem (computer challenged) or if it's problem with my ISP. I searched the help topics but couldn't find anything.
Old 3/18/05, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by azlitigator@March 18, 2005, 3:24 PM
I had a good parts delivery day today. First, the Ford parts guy called and said my new IUP door sills and exhast tip were in and I only owed $7.00 after returning the getto rubber floor mats. So I went and picked them up right away. When I got back the UPS guy had brought my order from MGW- pony power point plug, pony hanger kit, and door pins. Then in the mail was the Mustang script emblem I ordered from SS Inserts. Whoo Hoo! Lot's of goodies. I am sending the Mustang script emblem back though cause it is discolored, bummer. And I am still waiting for my new embroidered dash mat that I was hoping would arrive today. Oh well, still a good day for parts!
azlitigator,

I bought that "Stang" emblem, but after seeing it in person, it looks
rather cheap. Not sure if I'm going to use it or not. Where are you
going to put yours?

Dan
Old 3/20/05, 03:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was going to put it on the dash. I hope the new one they send looks as good as the one on the site does, or I will feel bent over for paying $29.50 for a cheap little piece of plastic.

On a positive note, every thing went on super easy. The Ford exhast tip kind of sits at a funny angle, has anyone else noticed this? It looks droopy. The door sills look fantastic and really accent the interior nicely. Two thumbs up for Ford for letting me buy them so cheap. The MGW stuff is beautiful and feels so high quality. I can't wait until they have more stuff available for the 05, I'm hooked.
Old 3/20/05, 03:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by azlitigator@March 20, 2005, 5:22 PM
I was going to put it on the dash. I hope the new one they send looks as good as the one on the site does, or I will feel bent over for paying $29.50 for a cheap little piece of plastic.

On a positive note, every thing went on super easy. The Ford exhast tip kind of sits at a funny angle, has anyone else noticed this? It looks droopy. The door sills look fantastic and really accent the interior nicely. Two thumbs up for Ford for letting me buy them so cheap. The MGW stuff is beautiful and feels so high quality. I can't wait until they have more stuff available for the 05, I'm hooked.

hmmm I didnt think the exhaust tip sits at a funny angle. heres two pictures of mine
Old 3/20/05, 03:33 PM
Cobra Member

oh by the way I love the door sills as well. I am crossing my fingers that MGW releases a auto shift **** similar to the ones they have for the older models. There stuff looks great. I hope you figure out how to post pictures soon.
Old 3/20/05, 03:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hee hee, me too! Drat my lousy computer skills! If you look a the tip from the side it looks droopy to me. I'm sure it is supposed to be that way, but I'd have prefered it to be more level looking.
Old 3/21/05, 05:34 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Congrats Janet! You sound like me. Everytime the UPS truck goes by I think he is going to stop here (whether I have anything ordered or not).
My sequential tail light kit should be here today or tomorrow. Wish me luck on installation.
I love MGW's stuff and I can't wait for a.c. ***** from them.
Here's a pic of my exhaust tip. I have not noticed it sitting droopy.
Old 3/21/05, 07:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Donna, do you have a picture of the side of your car? When I stand and look at it from the side is when I notice the angle. As soon as I can, I'll get a picture from the side so you can see what I mean. It just looks like its hanging down at a weird angle, but even in the directions it looked like that. Like I said, I'm sure that is how it is supposed to be, but I wish it was straighter. I also want the MGW a/c ***** and also I'd love them to make the covers around the window switches. Good luck with your tailights! They were easy and look SO good!
Old 3/21/05, 03:36 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Janet, you are exactly right. I had never noticed it looking crooked until now. Took advantage of another photo op. Mine hangs down a little too.
Sequential tail lights were a breeze to install and they do look great!!
Old 3/21/05, 03:49 PM
Cobra Member

You are right. I am going to have to look at mine from that angle now.
Old 3/22/05, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

See? I told you it was droopy!
Old 3/22/05, 06:34 PM
Cobra Member

yes it is droopy, I took a good look at it today. Now I have to not let it bother me!