05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Front Plates on MustangGT

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/04, 10:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you know, the last model camaro had really good placement on the grill for the license plate.
Old 5/11/04, 10:45 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Gattguy47@May. 11th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Yaa. I'm from canada. Manitoba if you know where that is. and you don't need front plates here. it rocks. All you need is one plate. Makes me proud to be canadian. suckers. jk. I would hate to have to have a front plate
Hehe.....fellow canuck, I live in Ontario (which is in Canada BTW), and we need a front licence plate. So no front licence plate does not = Canadian.

Try to be nicer towards my American friends from now on, EH?
Old 5/12/04, 06:05 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RockSinger73@May. 11th, 2004, 1:46 PM
How about modifying a US plate to look more like the German one? Should be easy enough, right?
I don't think the cops are too keen on people modifying their licence plates.. :nono:
Old 5/12/04, 06:19 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Galaxieboy@May. 12th, 2004, 6:08 AM

I don't think the cops are too keen on people modifying their licence plates.. :nono:
I can promise you that-

Here in Alabama we have bug ugly plates with stars that say "stars fell on Alabama" Apparently the cops don't like when you get the stickers that say heart of dixie(like we had for a million years before these) and stick it over the stars fell on.
And you apparently are Can't stick your FOP badge over the tag either- and that's not even a modification.. I promise you the state troopers down here must be bored to death. (well me too, anyone know a good car dealer on Long Island?)

But here we have only ONE tag- in back.
Old 5/12/04, 10:53 AM
V6 Member

No front tags required for North Carolina.
Old 5/12/04, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May. 12th, 2004, 6:22 AM
Here in Alabama we have bug ugly plates with stars that say "stars fell on Alabama" Apparently the cops don't like when you get the stickers that say heart of dixie(like we had for a million years before these) and stick it over the stars fell on.

And you apparently are Can't stick your FOP badge over the tag either- and that's not even a modification.. I promise you the state troopers down here must be bored to death. (well me too, anyone know a good car dealer on Long Island?)

You can thank Gov. Don Siegelman for the "Stars Fell on Alabama" tag, that was the theme for the Travel and Tourism Department and was taken from the song with the same name. I don't think it's "bug ugly" though, it's not even butt ugly. I put a lot of work into that tag and considering all the limitations placed on us before production, it's not too bad. The tag is actually a decal with the design printed on it produced by 3M thats placed over a metal blank that is then stamped with the numbers. 3M places limitations on what we can design plus we only have a very small area across the top and bottom of the tag to work with. We can't place anything in the background that obscures the numbers and the regular tag has so many numbers and digits that they run the full width of the tag.

You can place the small decal with "Heart Of Dixie" over the words "Stars Fell on Alabama" with no problem. As far as the FOP badge, the one's I've seen are large enough to cover up one or more digits on the tag. That may be the problem with those, I don't know. We did get a ruling on the decal though and it's fine, just don't cover any thing else with it.
Old 5/12/04, 04:12 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Cops like front plates only because they NEED them to bounce laser (LIDAR) off of.
Old 5/12/04, 05:58 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by moneyman@May. 12th, 2004, 3:15 PM

You can thank Gov. Don Siegelman for the "Stars Fell on Alabama" tag, that was the theme for the Travel and Tourism Department and was taken from the song with the same name. I don't think it's "bug ugly" though, it's not even butt ugly. I put a lot of work into that tag and considering all the limitations placed on us before production, it's not too bad. The tag is actually a decal with the design printed on it produced by 3M thats placed over a metal blank that is then stamped with the numbers. 3M places limitations on what we can design plus we only have a very small area across the top and bottom of the tag to work with. We can't place anything in the background that obscures the numbers and the regular tag has so many numbers and digits that they run the full width of the tag.
[/quote]
While I can't 100% agree the starry tags are pretty.....I can agree they are a VAST improvement over the pink and blue ones before.
Old 5/12/04, 09:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Michigan = No front plates :-) Gotta love it!
Old 5/12/04, 11:10 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Same with AZ B)
Old 5/13/04, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May. 12th, 2004, 6:01 PM

While I can't 100% agree the starry tags are pretty.....I can agree they are a VAST improvement over the pink and blue ones before.
I did the "pink and blue" one also. The pink was supposed to be red -- as in red, white and blue. The commissioner of revenue at the time and I designed the tag with a patriotic theme in mind. The original design had two bands of color that faded to white in the center of the tag. 3M could not reproduce the red correctly and it came out "pink."

Oh by the way, it did have "Heart of Dixie" on it, did you notice?
Old 5/13/04, 11:15 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

moneyman, love your avatar but you have to slow the loop time down by 2x at least. I'm having seizures.
Old 5/14/04, 01:20 AM
Cobra Member

Does anybody know if Florida needs two plates? I mean, I could just go look on my own car or drive around for a minute and see if any other cars have it, but I like seeing myself type.

[/sarcasm]
Old 5/14/04, 02:33 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Dan@May. 13th, 2004, 10:18 PM
moneyman, love your avatar but you have to slow the loop time down by 2x at least. I'm having seizures.
You seeing something im not?... looks frozen to me.
Old 5/14/04, 03:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

It's an animated gif of the Windveil blue V6 peeling away. You must be using a different browser than IE or something.
Old 5/14/04, 06:53 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Originally posted by Dr Iven@May. 14th, 2004, 2:23 AM
Does anybody know if Florida needs two plates? I mean, I could just go look on my own car or drive around for a minute and see if any other cars have it, but I like seeing myself type.

[/sarcasm]
Old 5/14/04, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by Dan@May. 13th, 2004, 11:18 PM
I tried it slowed down but my 300HP GT Mustang Convertible (I know its not a GT or convertible but that's what I want and will change it when a photo is available) just didn't get off the line fast enough ! ! !
Old 5/14/04, 09:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by pilot1129@May. 11th, 2004, 11:09 PM
you know, the last model camaro had really good placement on the grill for the license plate.
yea, they just missed the quality control and market-segment placement. whoops!
Old 5/14/04, 02:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

only one plate in FL...oh and as far as using plates for LIDAR...I'm pretty sure that your massive metal automobile has a big enough radar signature for them to hit with or without plates...I would imagine that they just AIM at the plates
Old 5/14/04, 03:29 PM

Originally posted by steve19970@May. 14th, 2004, 2:55 PM
only one plate in FL...oh and as far as using plates for LIDAR...I'm pretty sure that your massive metal automobile has a big enough radar signature for them to hit with or without plates...I would imagine that they just AIM at the plates
No, Steve. Don't you know that all new automobiles are made entirely of plastic! We need the metal plates so radar guns get a read on our speed.

I have an idea! Since in my state plates are only required on the back of the vehicle, we could mount a baseball on the front bumper to help out Johnny Law.

Quick Reply: Front Plates on MustangGT