05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

First mods for my 07 GT

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/13, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First mods for my 07 GT

Just got me an 07 GT Grabber Orange a couple of weeks ago and found some cheap exterior mods to get it looking nice. I picked up some gt500 side louvers locally for $30 unpainted. Gonna plasti dip them matte black till I can have them painted grabber orange. Also picked up some carbon fiber speaker rings and carbon fiber trunk emblem from Corral.net classifieds. In the mail is a deck lid black out panel off craigslist with the cutout for the emblem. Gonna order some painted headlight splitters tomorrow off craigslist in a different city. Just placed an order for the Eleanor grille, smoked coyote taillights, sequential light kit, and black fuel door from the AM black Friday ad. All together a little under $600 and should make a noticeable difference in appearance. Can't wait to get everything on.
Old 11/28/13, 11:33 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a tuner?
Old 11/28/13, 11:41 PM

It came with a C&L street intake but no tuner and the restrictor has been removed. There are no CELs on so I figure it has a tune already. I will have to flash it back to stock one day so I can get another tuner for other mods.
Old 11/29/13, 01:40 AM
V6 Member

Ya ur probably right and u need to get a copy of that tune in case u ever need to reset the computer or its been reset or u get a new one or the dealership flashes it back to stock.
Old 11/29/13, 01:44 AM

I think it would be best to buy a tuner and have the dealership flash it back to stock then put new tunes on it, right? Correct if I'm wrong.
Old 11/29/13, 01:47 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TangoGT
I think it would be best to buy a tuner and have the dealership flash it back to stock then put new tunes on it, right? Correct if I'm wrong.
Well if there is a custom tune for the intake, he would have to pay to have another custom tune put in it.
Old 11/29/13, 01:55 AM

Yeah I'm not to familiar with all the tunes yet but I've been researching them trying to learn. So if I get a tuner with a C&L tune on it then it would work?
Old 11/29/13, 02:03 AM
V6 Member

Yeah, i dont know if it will come with that though. Usually it comes with basic stock tunes like a 93 octain tune with certain things u can modify like max rpms, speed limiter, tire revs per mile, gear ratio, etc. usually u have to have someone write a custom tune for u and they send it to you. U put in in ur tuner and u install it in the car. Its not too expensive for a custom tune like that.
Old 11/29/13, 02:30 AM

Hopefully by the time I start on performance mods that require a tune I will know what tuner I want. Ive heard brenspeed and bama tunes are good. Any others?
Old 11/29/13, 08:37 AM
V6 Member

Diablo sport and SCT

Last edited by irishn8; 11/29/13 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11/29/13, 05:42 PM

Ok so last night after the black Friday sale at walmart I get in my car and a CEL pops up. Took it to autozone and it was a P050E code which is cold start exhaust temp to low or something like that. I've read where it could just be something unplugged but I couldn't find anything. Some of the possibilities per autozone were: intake air restriction, engine mech. concern, damaged or sludged TB, vaccum leak, or damaged PCM.
Old 11/29/13, 11:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TangoGT
Ok so last night after the black Friday sale at walmart I get in my car and a CEL pops up. Took it to autozone and it was a P050E code which is cold start exhaust temp to low or something like that. I've read where it could just be something unplugged but I couldn't find anything. Some of the possibilities per autozone were: intake air restriction, engine mech. concern, damaged or sludged TB, vaccum leak, or damaged PCM.
P050E - Cold Start Engine Exhaust Temperature Out of Range For Vehicles With An Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve Description: Possible Causes: Diagnostic Aids: The powertrain control module (PCM) attempts to control engine speed during the key ON engine running (KOER) self-test. The test fails when the desired RPM could not be reached or controlled during the self-test. • IAC circuit open • VPWR to IAC solenoid open • B+ or VPWR to IAC solenoid open • Air inlet is plugged • IAC circuit short to voltage • Damaged IAC valve For All Others Description: Possible Causes: The powertrain control module (PCM) calculates the actual catalyst warm up temperature during a cold start. The PCM then compares the actual catalyst temperature to the expected catalyst temperature model. The difference between the actual and expected temperatures is a ratio. When this ratio exceeds the calibrated value this DTC sets and the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) illuminates. • Intake air restriction • Exhaust restriction • Engine mechanical concern • Damaged or sludged electronic throttle body (ETB) • Vacuum leaks • Damaged PCM Excerpt from the shop manual. If u have an IAC, i would change that, if not, check for a vacuum leak. Those are the most likely and inexpensive things to check.
U might also knock on ur catalytic converter to see if its clogged. I think it takes a trained ear to hear a clogged one so u might have that checked.

Last edited by irishn8; 11/29/13 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11/30/13, 04:03 PM

So I finally got some free time today and took my TB off and cleaned it real good. It looked like it hasn't been done in a while. Got Iit all put back together and YAY no CEL anymore. Took me about 30 minutes and I have never cleaned one until now.
Old 12/1/13, 08:28 AM
V6 Member

Nice!