05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/07, 10:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Emblems

I need help I recently bought some tri-bar ponies at a car show that were not meant for our cars, Actually they were meant for classics not sure what year. well I thought it would be ok because I just cut off the pegs and was going to 3M them on. However due to the lack of pegs i am having difficulty lining them up right. Anyt suggestions has anyone else tried something similar
Old 8/28/07, 11:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

bump
Old 8/28/07, 11:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
not sure what they look like but where theres a will theres surley a way.
Old 8/29/07, 02:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pick an approximate spot you want them on your car where you want the emblems and note that location (you can look at various pics in the Time Line section of this site to help get an idea where they are on different year model Mustangs). To get an exact spot, first measure height from a specific point (I used the crease in the lower door/body panel on mine) then using blue painters tape, mark the height from the crease to your desired height you want to use. Then pick a specific spot to measure the distance from (on mine I picked a fastener inside the edge of the wheel well) then lay another strip of painters tape horizontally from the fastener to where your height mark is. You should now have an exact starting point to attach your ponies that you can duplicate on either side. Just be sure to write down your measurements and the point which you measured from so you can duplicate it on the opposite side.
Old 8/29/07, 07:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jay_wx
Pick an approximate spot you want them on your car where you want the emblems and note that location (you can look at various pics in the Time Line section of this site to help get an idea where they are on different year model Mustangs). To get an exact spot, first measure height from a specific point (I used the crease in the lower door/body panel on mine) then using blue painters tape, mark the height from the crease to your desired height you want to use. Then pick a specific spot to measure the distance from (on mine I picked a fastener inside the edge of the wheel well) then lay another strip of painters tape horizontally from the fastener to where your height mark is. You should now have an exact starting point to attach your ponies that you can duplicate on either side. Just be sure to write down your measurements and the point which you measured from so you can duplicate it on the opposite side.

Great advice. That's exactly what I did w/ my custom running pony emblems w/ no pegs.