05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Dumping the spoiler!

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/05, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello
First post!! I ordered my mustang here in Canada and they only have the spoiler delete for the GT :notnice: . I am gonna take it off myself but was wondering what is involved?

I would guess it would just be a couple of bolts, but does it also have adhesion between the the trunk and the spoiler?

Jimbob
Old 7/8/05, 06:23 PM

There is tape between the wing and the deck lid, also you will have some good sized holes to deal with.
Old 7/8/05, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by desoter@July 8, 2005, 7:26 PM
There is tape between the wing and the deck lid, also you will have some good sized holes to deal with.

What size are the holes? 1/4, 1/2? Are there to holes per support. I was thinking I was gonna put some rubber grommets in the holes for the time being.

Thanks desoter
Old 7/8/05, 07:19 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At least the GT's finally have a spoiler delete option because I didn't have that option for my 05. What I don't understand is you say it is only available for the GT. Are you getting a GT or a V6 because the spoiler is optional on the v6.
Old 7/8/05, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by adrenalin@July 8, 2005, 8:22 PM
At least the GT's finally have a spoiler delete option because I didn't have that option for my 05. What I don't understand is you say it is only available for the GT. Are you getting a GT or a V6 because the spoiler is optional on the v6.
My dealer told me that the spoiler delete is available only on the 06 GT and you can't delete the spoiler on the 06 V6. That was on Tuesday. Have you been told differently? I HATE SPOILERS and would much rather get it without it. We could really use a canadian o6 buyer guide!

I'm getting a V6 because of price and I'm pretty sure i would waste myself in a GT.

Jimbob
Old 7/8/05, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Couldn't you swap trunk lids with someone who doesn't have the spoiler and is willing to swap out? There are others on this forum who have done this.
Old 7/9/05, 09:58 AM

Spoiler delete is an option on GT's for 2005 and 2006.

Spoilers are an add-on option for 05-06 V6 models, and included in some option packages.

The new Pony package is the problem. When you order the Pony, you get everything the package entails, to include the spoiler.

You could swap for a new trunklid, but if you ever plan to sell the car, I'd keep the original. From owning and modding 60's vintage Cougars, nothing killed resale like missing parts.
Old 7/9/05, 05:14 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
James,

You may luck out and find someone that wants a spoiler in the states, considering you are ordering a black car... something could happen.

Otherwise, you gotta stitch those holes up with a welder, bondo and paint.

Don't worry... I am not a fan of spoilers as well. I couldn't wait until '06 myself
Old 7/9/05, 08:54 PM
GTR Member

I hated the spoiler until i saw the cars in person and now i know they look girly without it
Old 7/9/05, 09:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@July 9, 2005, 9:57 PM
I hated the spoiler until i saw the cars in person and now i know they look girly without it
How do they look "girly". It's a cleaner look without "cladding" up lines of the car. I personally like ducktails the best.

Matt
Old 7/9/05, 09:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@July 9, 2005, 8:57 PM
EDIT: OT...

NICE TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7/9/05, 11:33 PM
Cobra R Member

JimmyJames:

Where did you order your mustang from? Im in vancouver area too (ladner)

Richport ford (richmond automall) will go 1000 over invoice on a V6...you have better luck?

Im also hating the fact that ford doesn't offer V6 spoiler delete.I was thinking maybe a dealer in washington would want a V6 spoiler trunk for free in exchange for a clean deck lid...either that or guess where forced to get it welded,buy states trunk/swap with someone/live with it,and apply too air canada for runway status :bang:
Old 7/10/05, 01:31 AM

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@July 10, 2005, 12:36 AM
JimmyJames:

Where did you order your mustang from? Im in vancouver area too (ladner)

Richport ford (richmond automall) will go 1000 over invoice on a V6...you have better luck?

Im also hating the fact that ford doesn't offer V6 spoiler delete.I was thinking maybe a dealer in washington would want a V6 spoiler trunk for free in exchange for a clean deck lid...either that or guess where forced to get it welded,buy states trunk/swap with someone/live with it,and apply too air canada for runway status :bang:
Tom
My car has leather, iup, shaker 500, anti-theft, auto tranny and the pony package
total base and options came to 30.550, I got it at 29.714 before tax. I knew a guy who knew a guy though and he helped me out by introducing me to the GM and I did the deal directly with him.

He also said that the dealers don't have as much room to play money wise with the V6 as they do with the GT. But paying over invoice is , shop around and see if you can get better.

I think I'm just gonna take the spoiler off and plug the holes with some rubber grommets to seal them for now, cause its black it should'nt show too much. but if it bugs me I'll try and find a swap or have the work done on it.

It bugs the heck out of me that car companies dictate what options you get. I mean you as the customer should be allowed to have EXACTLY what you want, and not have to compromise. I mean really, I don't want the the spoiler, how hard is it NOT to put something on the car? It's just silly! :crazy:

Thats why I ordered one, I would rather have the car I want than just take one off the lot that does not make me happy. Theres a good thread in another forum about car colours and how they're are so few as there used to be, I'm a dark green guy myself but black is fine too, just hard to keep clean with all the rain here. In a couple of years I'll paint it british racing green.

Also the dealer said I would only wait 8 or 9 weeks to get it, that seems low for an 06.

what do people think of that, is he being too optimistic? Have they even started building 06's yet?

Jimbob
Old 7/10/05, 01:40 AM

Originally posted by Fordracing200@July 9, 2005, 9:57 PM
I don't understand spoilers on street cars UNLESS it is really souped up. A spoiler uses air flow going over the car to push the backend down at high speed to get more traction in the back tires but I doubt it does bubkus going under 120. plus with aerodynamic cars that are all smooth and nice and you slap a spoiler on it ruining all the nice lines. I repeat I HATE SPOILERS!

BTW I heard that an F1 racing car could technically be driven on a upside down track at speed because the spoilers are so good at pushing the the car into the ground. That thats a sport I would watch!!!!!!!!
Old 7/10/05, 06:11 AM
Bullitt Member

I with ya Jimmy and others who have posted. I think the spoiler off the car makes it look more classic . I'm buying a new one soon and I'd going to try to find one without the spoiler. Hopefully in the color I want. If not I'm going to swap the trunk like the others on this Topic have posted.

Good luck with the fix.
Old 7/10/05, 10:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Red2005GT@July 9, 2005, 11:01 AM
Spoiler delete is an option on GT's for 2005 and 2006.
Spoilers are an add-on option for 05-06 V6 models, and included in some option packages.
The new Pony package is the problem. When you order the Pony, you get everything the package entails, to include the spoiler.
You could swap for a new trunklid, but if you ever plan to sell the car, I'd keep the original. From owning and modding 60's vintage Cougars, nothing killed resale like missing parts.
In Canada, all '05 and '06 Mustangs come with the spoiler, V6 or V8. The only exception will be on the '06 GT, you will now be able to order it without if desired.
I swapped trunk lids with a guy who had a black spoilerless American V6. My Canadian spoiler delete
If thirty years down the road, some future owner runs a Marti report and freaks because mine originally came with a spoiler, he can sick one back on.
Paul