Search this Thread

Old 2/8/06, 01:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-MUSTANG-...bayphotohosting
Old 2/8/06, 01:42 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm a proud V6 owner & I agree, it's disgusting. It looks great IMO but it's a fake. Even if it was a GT it would still be a fake unless it matched the HP of the actual 500. Now that I'm an enthusiast I would not drive this car if it were given to me. Too many true V6's & GT's would find me out as soon as they asked questions about my ride. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]

EDIT: Ugh-h-h-h. Can't believe I said it looks great. That's before I enlarged the thumbnails. Whoever did the mods should be slapped.
Old 2/8/06, 01:53 AM
Bullitt Member

If you're going to pay tribute...this is how you do it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/484-WHEEL-H...bayphotohosting
Old 2/8/06, 01:57 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick85 @ February 8, 2006, 9:35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-MUSTANG-...bayphotohosting
[/b][/quote]

Hey, this must be the new Shelby V6-500! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 02:09 AM
Bullitt Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 02:21 AM
Bullitt Member

OMG! That car wants to make me cry... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] ... At first I thought it was disgusting just because it had almost 150,000 miles on it already! Then I made the mistake of looking at the other pictures... Those stripes are hideous... They guy who put those on must have been drunk! And those scratches... Poor, poor pony...
Old 2/8/06, 02:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I like the way the fogs are just tacked on
Old 2/8/06, 02:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick85 @ February 8, 2006, 12:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you're going to pay tribute...this is how you do it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/484-WHEEL-H...bayphotohosting
[/b][/quote]

Now THIS is the car to have!!! I would be surprised if someone doesn't BIN before the bid ends.
$49.5k sounds like a deal for this beast compared to the Saleens out there going for around $42k.
This will surely be a pre-Cobra (real Cobra, that is) collector! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 03:22 AM
Cobra Member

I have never tried to apply stripes or stickers (cobra sticker over pony on rear badge) and never even attempted to do any kind of body work at all but I bet after a 12 pack and a couple of shots I'd still get them on straighter and more centered than whoever did this car. The fog lights look really cruddy also, my god you coulda got some of them hella™ truck roll bar lights atleast. Those look like those big old flashlight (the square ones your grampa used to take on night fishing trips) lenses tacked on, I wonder if they run off a 6-volt battery?

I have nothing against anyone making their car look as cool or goofy as they wish but geez atleast put a little effort behind it. I'd be more embarassed driving this thing than I would be driving a beat up old festive sporting $2500.00 20 inch spinners.

Greedy dealerships praying on the ignorant. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 04:05 AM
Bullitt Member

WOW If I had only known I could have a Shelby by just adding some stripes and scoops, I'd have done it. And you wouldn't have to pay any market price adjustment either. What is the market for this anyway? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 04:47 AM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Unfortunenately, I saw the car in person at Crest Cadillac. Its makes me feel ashamed to live in alabama.
Dealers will do anything for a buck. This proves it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 08:08 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(u-got-stang @ February 8, 2006, 1:24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OMG! That car wants to make me cry... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] ... At first I thought it was disgusting just because it had almost 150,000 miles on it already! Then I made the mistake of looking at the other pictures... Those stripes are hideous... They guy who put those on must have been drunk! And those scratches... Poor, poor pony...
[/b][/quote]

15K not 150K

To each his own - the fog lights look bad even to a Mustang Newb like myself. If they can sell it then thats what the market bears.
Old 2/8/06, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

There should be some kind of law against this... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 08:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yet another way to ruin what was once a nice car. Whats the deal with those stripes? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollinglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Man, wait until you hit the gas. I bet that baby does 15sec 1/4 miles!!!!!!!
Old 2/8/06, 09:16 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
blah.

The only upside to this, is they didn't mark it up an insane amount (though its still too much).
Old 2/8/06, 09:25 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
That car is just around the corner from me!

It's the new GT200!
Old 2/8/06, 09:41 AM
V6 Member

And I thought MY striping job was awful! Oh my gosh!!!
(see my "The stripe installer is starting... I'm scared!" thread!)

Now I'm starting to see why the installer told me I'd never get a better striping job in town... Now that I've looked around I've seen so many very poor striping jobs...

Joe
Old 2/8/06, 10:49 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I know this is a little off topic, but the "Boss Shinoda" for sale on e-bay listed above is a little questionable to me.

The add states that "The original BOSS legend himself, Larry Shinoda, has once again put his mark on the new stable of muscle Mustangs." Kinda hard to do since he passed away in 1997, even before the last redesign of the SN95 platform, and well before the S197 existed. I know that his name lives on under the Team Shinoda name, but Larry didn't have anything to do with designing this new car.

Other inconsistencies I noticed were that this car has all CDC parts on the outside, like the shaker hood and agressive chin spoiler. Why would Team Shinoda make a car with a CDC front spoiler when they sell their own front and rear spoilers, specifically designed for their new Boss Shinoda's?

And Team Shinoda lists on their new build website several "Boss Shinoda" versions, even a V-6, but none of them use the name "Stage II".

I've got questions about the side stripes also, but that is a design seen on the Team Shinoda website, although only as a photoshop, they have an entirely different design in actual photos.

Anyway, I've sent a note to Team Shinoda just in case they didn't have anything to do with this car and felt like persuing royalties, and I've also sent a note to the seller asking them about the authenticity of this car as a "Shinoda".

Just like the car originally linked in this thread, the GT200 as Brad put it, I don't really like cars that try to be something their not. This car does look to have performance to back up it's numbers, but some of the rest ... shady.

Now I'm going to go out and whipe the dust off of my official Team Shinoda front chin spoiler and have a coffee.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayguy @ February 8, 2006, 9:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The add states that "The original BOSS legend himself, Larry Shinoda, has once again put his mark on the new stable of muscle Mustangs." Kinda hard to do since he passed away in 1997, even before the last redesign of the SN95 platform, and well before the S197 existed. I know that his name lives on under the Team Shinoda name, but Larry didn't have anything to do with designing this new car.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the interesting facts on Larry Shinoda (RIP) and his company's doings. I thought he must be pretty old by now if he had all that fame back in the 60's and 70's.

I sent a message to the seller asking if that beast could pass CA state emissions. He replied with a "i don't know but it has headers and will pass WI standards for sure".

Look forward to hearing your responses from the LS team and the seller.

Quick Reply: This is disgusting