05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Different clear front turn signal lens

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/06, 03:12 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottM
I got the bulbs from Stealthauto.com actually, here's the direct link...

http://www.stealthauto.com/Store/Pro...roductid=SBCA2

The fit couldnt have been better. They were just as snug as the stock ones. I do remember reading about the looseness of some of them, but these were great, fit like a glove.

Shipping was great from Stealthauto, they shipped literally 20 minutes after ordering, but for some reason, they took like 5 days to get to me. Hell, my H-pipe from Brenspeed got here in 3!
Scott,
I apologize if I missed it reading your post, but I went to this webstire and they don't seem to have the 2005+ Mustangs listed in their bulb guide. Would you mind sharing the model you bought? Thanks.
Jeff
Old 11/9/06, 07:17 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by vppreacher
Scott,
I apologize if I missed it reading your post, but I went to this webstire and they don't seem to have the 2005+ Mustangs listed in their bulb guide. Would you mind sharing the model you bought? Thanks.
Jeff
No problem man, but yeah, I forgot to put it in the post. The part numbers I got were #194 & #3157, one was for the fogs, the other for the headlights, I just don't remember which was which! Shipping was extremely fast (direct from Stealthauto.com), they literally shipped an hour after I placed the order.
Old 11/11/06, 07:38 AM
GT Member

No problem man, but yeah, I forgot to put it in the post. The part numbers I got were #194 & #3157, one was for the fogs, the other for the headlights, I just don't remember which was which! Shipping was extremely fast (direct from Stealthauto.com), they literally shipped an hour after I placed the order.
Thanks, man. I appreciate it.
Old 11/23/06, 12:19 AM
mhk
Bullitt Member

What's up with Stealth Auto

So I ordered and paid for the stealth bulbs more than a month ago. It wasn't until after I paid that they told me they didn't have them in stock They've not responded to my last e-mail either.
Anyone else have this problem?
Old 11/23/06, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I would order the bulbs from here:

http://www.visionbulbs.com/vb_produc...mv=19926584822
Old 12/5/06, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Their site doesnt say which one is used to for the Turn signals...does anyone know which one of these for sure is for the turn signals?
Old 12/5/06, 05:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FORD Mustang Sylvania chart)

High & low beam headlamp
H13 (9008)
H13ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
H13XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: Up to 20% Brighter

Parking light
3157LL

Front turn signal
3157LL

Rear turn signal
4057LL

Tail light
4057LL

Stop light
4057LL

High mount stop light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Fog/Driving light
9145ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
H11-55W

License plate

Back up light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear sidemarker
Old 12/5/06, 09:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by S197 V6
Their site doesnt say which one is used to for the Turn signals...does anyone know which one of these for sure is for the turn signals?
I honestly don't know what the hell I was thinking when I typed headlights. They are actually both for the turn signals, it's just there are 2 different size bulbs in the turn signals, the outer bulbs are the 194's, the inner bulbs are the 3157's.

Sorry about that!

Here's a pic to show you what I mean...

Old 12/5/06, 10:33 PM
Cobra Member

does anyone have pictures of clear lens on a torch red stang? thanks
Old 12/6/06, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

I honestly don't know what the hell I was thinking when I typed headlights. They are actually both for the turn signals, it's just there are 2 different size bulbs in the turn signals, the outer bulbs are the 194's, the inner bulbs are the 3157's.

Sorry about that!

Here's a pic to show you what I mean...

Ok thanks for the clarification on that! So I need both of those bulbs then right?
Old 12/6/06, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MTAS
And yet another version here

From this auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...32804702QQrdZ1
I like those! I think they would go good with my vista blue/black theme, anyone know if these would be illegal in virginia? have to ask because most everything is
Old 12/6/06, 12:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
does anyone have pictures of clear lens on a torch red stang? thanks

+1
Old 12/7/06, 06:44 AM
GT Member

Ok thanks for the clarification on that! So I need both of those bulbs then right?
Yes, you would.

Now, I ordered my bulbs before taking my stock ones out to fit the clear housings. I found out after taking the stock one's out that I already had clear bulbs in there (07 model, I haven't read previous years having them), it was the housing's that made the light amber. I thought well crap, that was money wasted since the bulbs already shipped, but turns out, the stock bulbs looked like crap when I turned the lights on at night. They were kind of a "dirty light" if that makes sense, compared to the head lights so I'm glad I got the amber stealth bulbs. At night, they look stock since they light up amber, during the day, they are clear.

By the way, I assume the V6 has the same housing as a GT? Kinda figured they did, but wasn't positive.
Old 12/7/06, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes, you would.

Now, I ordered my bulbs before taking my stock ones out to fit the clear housings. I found out after taking the stock one's out that I already had clear bulbs in there (07 model, I haven't read previous years having them), it was the housing's that made the light amber. I thought well crap, that was money wasted since the bulbs already shipped, but turns out, the stock bulbs looked like crap when I turned the lights on at night. They were kind of a "dirty light" if that makes sense, compared to the head lights so I'm glad I got the amber stealth bulbs. At night, they look stock since they light up amber, during the day, they are clear.

By the way, I assume the V6 has the same housing as a GT? Kinda figured they did, but wasn't positive.
Yes the V6 and the GT have to have the same housing because I put a GT front end on my car and used all the old lights. Thanks for the info!
Old 12/8/06, 10:39 PM
GT Member

Yes the V6 and the GT have to have the same housing because I put a GT front end on my car and used all the old lights. Thanks for the info!
Anytime!
Old 1/3/07, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Didn't see these posted yet. Anyone happen to have them on you car?? I have a black 05 and was about to order the clear lens, when I got to thinking about the whole black theme. I wonder how these would look???
Old 1/3/07, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

A better pic of on the same black turn signal theme. These were off of eBay, btw. These with a set of Stealth bulbs would HAVE to look good on a BLACK car, right?
Old 1/28/07, 05:43 PM

Does anyone know if these are legal in California?? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 1/28/07, 07:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
ScottM,They look great on the darker Mustangs but my amber lenses match the G.O. I wonder if that company would follow up with side marker lights on the rear quarter,now that would look really good on your alloy...IMO.
Old 1/29/07, 04:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GrabberOgre
ScottM,They look great on the darker Mustangs but my amber lenses match the G.O. I wonder if that company would follow up with side marker lights on the rear quarter,now that would look really good on your alloy...IMO.
You're right, I think the amber would look better on grabber, but I don't know, I haven't ever seen one with them before.

You know, I've thought about those clear lights on the rear quarter panels, I just wasnt sure what they would look like at night when they are lit up. I put my regular bulbs in the clear turn signal housings and they didn't look good at all compared to the amber stealth bulbs. The light was that yellow incandescent light that I think might look kind of funny coming off of the sides, know what I mean?

Anybody have them care to chime in as to what the light looks like?

Quick Reply: Different clear front turn signal lens