05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Custom Badges

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/11, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Badges

Just curious if anyone has had any custom badges made or if they could suggest any places to get some made. I'm thinking about some custom badges, but not sure who could make them or how much they would cost.
Old 2/20/11, 06:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Painted my fender badges black and got a decal made from a guy on s197forums for my faux gas cap.

Other then that I don't know about custom ones.
Old 2/20/11, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Joseph....both look great, but yeah, I'm looking for a completely custom badge...shape, logo, size, etc.
Old 2/20/11, 08:08 PM
Cobra Member

Check out Billet Badges as I have read nothing but good feedback about the quality of their work.
Old 2/20/11, 09:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Steve at Billet Badges is the bomb! Best guy in the business!
Old 2/20/11, 09:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Perfect. Thanks guys, it definitely looks like they could make what I am looking for.
Old 2/20/11, 09:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Whatcha planning?
Old 2/21/11, 06:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a little something Steve whipped up for me. I did the drawing and he cut it.

Old 2/21/11, 04:54 PM

Billet Badges is def the place to go! My ride is on the their site, he made my "DarkHorse" badges exactly the way I wanted it. I wouldnt go anywhere else.
Old 2/21/11, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks everyone, definitely appreciate the input...makes it much easier to start a project knowing someone is recommended by several members on TMS.

Oh, and Peter.....I'm thinking of doing something along the lines of this, but with a custom logo. I just need to figure out the best way to attach it to a decklid panel. Not sure how Shelby attaches that logo.
Old 2/22/11, 12:27 AM
Legacy Tms Member

FYI, we're about to release a custom "blank" badge that will be made to order for a personalized setup. The only thing is, we can't (for obvious reasons) step on trademarks / copyrights of other companies, as that's not our thing, but custom stuff that doesn't do that is open. Not sure if it is what you are looking for in this particular case, but most anything is possible if budget and time allow.
Old 2/22/11, 06:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Marcelo, I'm still drawing up my design and determining how to attach it to the decklid panel, but it would be 100% my own design, so no concerns about copyrights, etc. Are you going to offer custom shapes and colors?
Old 2/22/11, 09:14 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Well... anything is "possible" given time and budget, but in reality we were settling on 3-4 base colors, and a standard shape, which then just means we have to do the custom engraving after-the-fact for the anodized finishes and prior to it on the chrome. While we can machine anything and any shape, I would guess there are probably some other shops out there that are better able to do one-off custom shapes and such, since normally when we hit "go" on our CNC machines we're making a few hundred pieces at a pop at a minimum.

We're able to quote custom jobs (see the Tron bikes for a great example of that), just be aware of the setup costs and everything else, so don't go into "sticker shock" when you see the price, that's all
Old 2/22/11, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Marcelo, No problem. Once I finalize the design, maybe I'll shoot it your way and to Billet Badges to get quotes. I'll also watch your site to see the "blank" badges as well. I definitely like the other products I have from SHR, so always look forward to seeing your new offerings.
Old 2/22/11, 02:35 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No worries - I took a look at their website, and it appears that they do some nice custom work at a relatively affordable rate. Seems like they are on the path we're working with our fender badges, in that there is a basic shape they start from, then customize as needed, which greatly reduces fixturing / setup costs, which is the big killer in custom work. Heck, we may even get a set of 99-07 Super Duty "vents" for our truck from them, would take almost as much time for our programmer to set them up and make a single set as it would to just buy theirs, and they already have it done
Old 2/26/11, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
FYI, we're about to release a custom "blank" badge that will be made to order for a personalized setup. The only thing is, we can't (for obvious reasons) step on trademarks / copyrights of other companies, as that's not our thing, but custom stuff that doesn't do that is open. Not sure if it is what you are looking for in this particular case, but most anything is possible if budget and time allow.
You've got my interest! I'm a big fan of SHR parts and I've been looking for years for something to replace my GT Fender Badges. I always wanted something simple like the 281 badges at autobadges but they're too small and don't cover the holes. I'm very curious as to what you guys are proposing!
Old 2/28/11, 07:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Try mtmunlimited.com they do really great custom work........ GG
Old 3/2/11, 01:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This is one from a pair BilletBadges made for me:

Great quality and a very decent turnaround time.
Old 3/2/11, 01:18 PM
Legacy Tms Member

That's very nice. Good fill work on the paint as well. Is it chrome plated, or polished / clear anodized, or just raw polished (if you know)? Just curious, as like I said, I might even get a set of their F350 pieces for our truck so I don't have to do the setups here!
Old 3/2/11, 02:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
That's very nice. Good fill work on the paint as well. Is it chrome plated, or polished / clear anodized, or just raw polished (if you know)? Just curious, as like I said, I might even get a set of their F350 pieces for our truck so I don't have to do the setups here!
Mirror polished billet, no anodize.

Quick Reply: Custom Badges