05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd
View Poll Results: Chrome Taillight Bezels - Yes or No?
Yes - looks very retro
45.83%
No - too much bling
54.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Chrome Taillight Bezels - Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/07, 04:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it's just a matter of time.

Old 3/7/07, 12:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Pretty harsh comin from a newbie
I agree. But I laughed so hard when I saw those smiley's. I had to share. Once again...sorry.
Old 3/7/07, 03:05 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
The chrome tail light bezels only look good! when paired with chrome curb feelers!............So loose them!.........Sometimes less is more!
Originally Posted by fivestring45
ICK :gay: :gay: Sorry if I offended anyone.
I don't listen to opinions from people who have no idea what they are talking about (especially newbies). I can say this because neither one of you have any mods listed to make me think otherwise.

Come back when you have some merit and I'll count your vote.

BTW, you will never offend me...
Old 3/7/07, 04:47 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree. But I laughed so hard when I saw those smiley's. I had to share. Once again...sorry.
its all good. You 'll learn eventually when the right time is to use certain smileys. Especially the homo one's
Old 3/7/07, 06:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 69_gt500
I dont think they would look good on my car, but your car pulls it off. It looks great.
Same, minus the first car. I've seen a few, and they usually don't look good, but on the OP's they look fantastic.
Old 3/7/07, 10:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
I don't like them, sorry...
Old 3/8/07, 12:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
I don't like them, sorry...
The makes it seem more... eh. Like when valley girls say, "I'm sorry, but you face looks like something the dog brought in."
Old 3/8/07, 08:55 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I don't listen to opinions from people who have no idea what they are talking about (especially newbies). I can say this because neither one of you have any mods listed to make me think otherwise.

Come back when you have some merit and I'll count your vote.

BTW, you will never offend me...

Okay..don't count it...But I think your car looks awesome without them. I have a PW pony too and normally I don't like Black rims on a white car. But with all your other black accents it works. Not only does it work... It looks bad ***! You've made me reconsider the chrome wheels I was origianlly thinkin' about. Maybe I will get black.
Old 3/8/07, 12:59 PM
GTR Member

Okay..don't count it...But I think your car looks awesome without them. I have a PW pony too and normally I don't like Black rims on a white car. But with all your other black accents it works. Not only does it work... It looks bad ***! You've made me reconsider the chrome wheels I was origianlly thinkin' about. Maybe I will get black.
Now this, I will respond to.

Thanks about the black rims. I also never have liked black rims on any color car, but a friend bought a set of 20s and I tried them on my car for a week while he had the car at the dealer. I liked them so much that I bought a set for my car, but in the 18 inch version. Personally, I think 18s are the max for Mustangs (but that's an entirely different thread).

As far as the chrome bezels. If these were the only chrome things on the car, it wouldn't look good. But there is the chrome horse emblem up front, the chrome-looking polished ring on the rims, the rear medallian in the back, and the chrome exhaust tips. The chrome bezels add another hint of "retro" to the car without going overboard. Now if I added chrome driving light bezels up front, a chrome gas cap on the side, a chrome antenna, a chrome 3rd brake light bezel, etc, etc... well that would be a little too much.

It looks better in person, too. Sometimes I'll look at the bezels in a picture and think they may not look right. Then I'll walk out to the garage and see it in person and realize how great they look again.

But, in the end, it's all just a matter of opinion. But I'm VERY happy that I decided to put them on!
Old 3/8/07, 04:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Every_Mn
The makes it seem more... eh. Like when valley girls say, "I'm sorry, but you face looks like something the dog brought in."
Ya, I included the smiley because it's the closest thing to "apologetic smile" that I could come to.
Old 3/8/07, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Ya, I included the smiley because it's the closest thing to "apologetic smile" that I could come to.
What about this one?

It's : and o
Old 3/8/07, 06:38 PM
GTR Member

Now this, I will respond to.

Thanks about the black rims. I also never have liked black rims on any color car, but a friend bought a set of 20s and I tried them on my car for a week while he had the car at the dealer. I liked them so much that I bought a set for my car, but in the 18 inch version. Personally, I think 18s are the max for Mustangs (but that's an entirely different thread).

As far as the chrome bezels. If these were the only chrome things on the car, it wouldn't look good. But there is the chrome horse emblem up front, the chrome-looking polished ring on the rims, the rear medallian in the back, and the chrome exhaust tips. The chrome bezels add another hint of "retro" to the car without going overboard. Now if I added chrome driving light bezels up front, a chrome gas cap on the side, a chrome antenna, a chrome 3rd brake light bezel, etc, etc... well that would be a little too much.

It looks better in person, too. Sometimes I'll look at the bezels in a picture and think they may not look right. Then I'll walk out to the garage and see it in person and realize how great they look again.

But, in the end, it's all just a matter of opinion. But I'm VERY happy that I decided to put them on!
Tom,I know you don't like the black one but I remember you saying the thing you didn't like about them was the way it had the black piece coming across the reflector. I saw one the other day that didn't have that but I can't remember where it was Oh well point is moot anyway
Old 3/9/07, 05:18 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Tom,I know you don't like the black one but I remember you saying the thing you didn't like about them was the way it had the black piece coming across the reflector. I saw one the other day that didn't have that but I can't remember where it was Oh well point is moot anyway
Maybe he just cut it out? But, you're right... I love the chrome ones.
Old 3/9/07, 09:56 AM
GTR Member

Maybe he just cut it out? But, you're right... I love the chrome ones.
No it was for sale on a website
Old 3/9/07, 10:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have pics of black ones installed on a light and/or dark color?
Old 3/9/07, 12:18 PM
GTR Member

Someone took a pic of my car and Photoshop'd the chrome ones to black. They were hardly noticeable. That's why most of the black ones are fatter than the chrome ones, I guess. I'll try to find the pic.

Here it is:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...postcount=6484

Also, the black doesn't look as retro to me.
Old 3/9/07, 01:17 PM
GT Member

There's absolutely nothing wrong with making the look of the car your own. I like the direction you're going with the car! Looks great!

I've seen several posts refer to the same tail light bezels in black.... anybody have a link to where I can buy bezels just like these, but in black?
Old 3/11/07, 04:05 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Pony Ride
There's absolutely nothing wrong with making the look of the car your own. I like the direction you're going with the car! Looks great!

I've seen several posts refer to the same tail light bezels in black.... anybody have a link to where I can buy bezels just like these, but in black?
I know... but the poll is fun, anyway!
Old 3/11/07, 04:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

I see you have RED interior and other "classy" upgrades. Your car is not a "brute" and in my humble opinion the chrome is nicer. My wife's Redfire Vert has the chrome and my PW GT coupe has the black. My car is bare bones Deluxe model with only black leather seats and a 5-spd. I think the black will lower the "class" of your car...stick with Chrome!
Old 3/11/07, 04:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I personally am going to add this to my future mod list, now it is just a wait to see how the SHR ones will look if not i will just order the ones from American Muscle

Quick Reply: Chrome Taillight Bezels - Yes or No?