05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

chin spoiler choices?

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/06, 03:18 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After buying the GT front fasica i decided i need a chin spoiler to go with it. I narrowed it down to two. This one by fang performance, http://www.fangperformance.com/php/index.p...position=13:5:9
or the CDC one, http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catal...isplay/643.html

Both look great so i need some input. Also I want to have it be matte black to match my rocker panels, so i should i order the painted or unpainted version? Thanks!
Old 2/6/06, 03:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005 Mustang V6 @ February 6, 2006, 4:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
After buying the GT front fasica i decided i need a chin spoiler to go with it. I narrowed it down to two. This one by fang performance, http://www.fangperformance.com/php/index.p...position=13:5:9
or the CDC one, http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catal...isplay/643.html

Both look great so i need some input. Also I want to have it be matte black to match my rocker panels, so i should i order the painted or unpainted version? Thanks!
[/b][/quote]

I have the CDC Classic on my 05 Vert. Great quality and looks like Ford should have put it there . IMO.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 03:42 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ February 6, 2006, 5:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have the CDC Classic on my 05 Vert. Great quality and looks like Ford should have put it there . IMO.
[/b][/quote]

I was leaning towards the CDC one, but for the matte black look to match my rocker panels, should i order the painted or unpainted version?
Old 2/6/06, 03:47 PM
FR500 Member

That's an easy one... it looks like the Fang chin spoiler is actually made by CDC. There is a pic of the CDC classic chin on the Fang site. So, they look to be one in the same. Get the CDC one though... from a site like lmperformance. You will get the best deal that way. And I am pretty sure if you order the unpainted chin spoiler, it will come matte black. But wait for someone else to reply who actually has an unpainted one. Either way though, if you want matte black you need to order the unpainted one. If it doesn't come matte black, you can have a paint shop do it, or spray it yourself. If you order a black painted spoiler, it will come glossy.
Old 2/6/06, 03:54 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 6, 2006, 5:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's an easy one... it looks like the Fang chin spoiler is actually made by CDC. There is a pic of the CDC classic chin on the Fang site. So, they look to be one in the same. Get the CDC one though... from a site like lmperformance. You will get the best deal that way. And I am pretty sure if you order the unpainted chin spoiler, it will come matte black. But wait for someone else to reply who actually has an unpainted one. Either way though, if you want matte black you need to order the unpainted one. If it doesn't come matte black, you can have a paint shop do it, or spray it yourself. If you order a black painted spoiler, it will come glossy.
[/b][/quote]

Well that makes the decision on which one to order easy. But i definitly dont want the glossy black one. I want the flat/matte black looking one, whichever one that may be! Thanks!
Old 2/6/06, 03:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 6, 2006, 4:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Hey Ian,
Yes, I agree with you the the Fang spoiler looks as if it is the same as the CDC. I got the CDC Classic spoiler unpainted and it came kind of a pinkish color. I am not sure but if you want it painted matt black I think that is an option. Had a local body shop paint and install mine for $75 bucks. Couldn't be happier!!!
Old 2/6/06, 04:15 PM
FR500 Member

Well there's the info you need to know. Just order the unpainted one though and find a shop to paint it matte black for you. Seventy-five bucks looks to be the going rate. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 04:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think the CDC and Fang pieces are the same. They're very similar, but the CDC has a ridge that runs down from the corner of the lower grill opening on both sides. The Fang lacks that detail as far as I can tell.

Personally I like the CDC, I think that small ridge detail ties it into the design of the front end perfectly. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 04:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 6, 2006, 5:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

The fang and cdc ones look different. The classic CDC one has a couple 'flutes' sculped into the air darn. I like the CDC classic for a GT and the Fang one for the V6
Old 2/6/06, 04:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought the CDC painted black one a couple of weeks ago. It is a matt black. It matches the grill above it and is textured like the convertible top molding. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 05:19 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torch_Vert @ February 6, 2006, 5:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I don't think the CDC and Fang pieces are the same. They're very similar, but the CDC has a ridge that runs down from the corner of the lower grill opening on both sides. The Fang lacks that detail as far as I can tell.

Personally I like the CDC, I think that small ridge detail ties it into the design of the front end perfectly. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I definitely agree with Paul... They are not the same...
In my opinion, the CDC Classic Chin Spoiler is one of the best quality and fit aftermarket exterior accessories made for the 05/06 Mustang... I love mine... If you want to keep it a textured matte black finish, I would order it from CDC that way... I believe the cost difference between a painted and non-painted one is only about $45.00...
Old 2/7/06, 08:32 AM
FR500 Member

I thought I saw a pic of the actual CDC chin on the fang link posted above. I stand corrected though... but IMO it doesn't matter. Get the CDC chin spoiler. It matches the car perfectly... makes you wonder why Ford didn't make the stock bumper have a chin spoiler like that.

And I guess now we know if you want a matte black chin spoiler, order the painted one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 04:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

What do you think about this one from GEFracing?
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...=0&#entry636668
Old 2/8/06, 06:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm buying the CDC Classic one today, cant wait!
Old 2/8/06, 08:05 AM
Cobra Member

I just installed my CDC chin and really like it. 5 min install and really finishes off the front end.
Old 2/8/06, 08:12 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nole_trainer @ February 8, 2006, 5:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What do you think about this one from GEFracing?
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...=0&#entry636668
[/b][/quote]

That one's pretty cool. It looks similar to the one from Steeda, but not as aggressive. It's more of a "racey" looking spoiler, while the CDC classic chin is more of an old-school muscle car spoiler. It really depends on the look you are going for. Tell me the mods you have planned for your '06 and I'll tell you what I think would look better.
Old 2/8/06, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 8, 2006, 10:15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That one's pretty cool. It looks similar to the one from Steeda, but not as aggressive. It's more of a "racey" looking spoiler, while the CDC classic chin is more of an old-school muscle car spoiler. It really depends on the look you are going for. Tell me the mods you have planned for your '06 and I'll tell you what I think would look better.
[/b][/quote]

Probably the only exterior mods I will do are blue stripes and the forthcoming side mirror inserts
Old 2/8/06, 10:31 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GO CDC Classic, man........ [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Old 2/8/06, 10:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

CDC Classic is the only way to go! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 01:23 PM
FR500 Member

I couldn't help but post a pic of my car showing the chin spoiler too. It's at roughly the same angle as Dave's. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Man, our cars are gonna look sweet together come September. Especially when I have my mods all done.

Quick Reply: chin spoiler choices?