05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Cervini vs. C/S side scoops pics please

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/07, 07:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cervini vs. C/S side scoops pics please

I was hoping those of you that have the Cervini side scoops or the C/S side scoops could post some pics so I could compare them side by side to see which ones I like better. I like different things about each, and I know I want some scoops it is just a matter of deciding which ones to get.

Thanks in advance for the pictures.
Old 10/29/07, 09:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I just happened to have taken some new pictures of the '05 last night, so here ya' go.

Old 10/29/07, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford CS side scoops:
Old 10/29/07, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the pics guys. Is it just me or do the shapes of the scoops look pretty similar? Anyone else have pictures they can share, preferably a profile shot.
Old 10/29/07, 05:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
They are similar. The Cervini's angles back more on the upper side giving it a more agressive look.
Old 10/29/07, 06:16 PM
Cobra R Member

The CS version is more of a rectangle, the Cervinis scoop is more of a trapezoid. If I was at home, I'd run out and snap a few pics, but here's a straight on side shot of mine. I think the Cervini's flows better with the body shape, and the lack of a grill gives it depth, appearing to be functional. Moreso than the CS version at least. i don't mind the profile of the CS version that much, but I don't like the grill.

Old 10/29/07, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

the CS sticks out more I believe.... the Cervinis is a bit "flatter" closer to the body of the car. I'd love to see them side by side as well, especially on a darker car.
Old 10/30/07, 01:01 AM
Cobra Member

Personally I find the shape of the CS side scoops much more complimentary to the lines of the car. The angles on the Cervini scoop are much too angular for my tastes.

I like the inserts on the CS scoop because they tie back into the front grill of the car. When I look at the car from either front corner I see continuity from the grill to the scoop. While it would be nice for the scoops to have more depth I think I'd be more worried about them collecting debris given that my car is a daily driver. There are too many bozo's in this world that would use an open scoop as an impromptu trash can if given the opportunity.
Old 10/30/07, 07:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for all the replies and pictures so far everyone. They are helping a lot. I know this isn't part of the title, but does anyone have the BBR scoops? How do they compare? How do they attach to the car? If you have pictures of them I'd like to see those too as the pics on the site don't really show that great of an angle.

Thanks again.
Old 10/30/07, 07:48 AM
Cobra Member

I like the Cervini's the best.
Old 10/30/07, 07:48 AM
Cobra R Member

The BBR scoops are $$$; and judging from the photo, they appear to be Cervini as well.

http://www.blowbyracing.com/keen-lnr-all-scoops.html

Have you looked into 3d carbon?

http://www.3dcarbon.com/Pages/Ford/M...sories_r2.html

They're similar to the cs, but are urethane and don't require drilling...
Old 10/30/07, 08:02 AM
Cobra R Member

I would definitely stay away from the BBR scoops. Aside from the price, they don't flow with the body well. Especially without the rest of the kit.
Old 10/30/07, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

BBR scoopes aren't the same as the cervinis. But understand my BBR scoopes are modified and then they where molded into the body of the car.

Old 10/30/07, 10:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
I would definitely stay away from the BBR scoops. Aside from the price, they don't flow with the body well. Especially without the rest of the kit.
I feel the BBR scoopes flow perfectly with the body, atleast they do on my car.
Old 10/30/07, 11:34 AM
Cobra R Member

My post said "especially without the rest of the kit". They look alright with the kit, but if I'm just analyzing the scoops themselves, they dont seem to fit right. The angle of the opening isn't right. It doesn't flow with the door crack.
Old 10/30/07, 03:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
My post said "especially without the rest of the kit". They look alright with the kit, but if I'm just analyzing the scoops themselves, they dont seem to fit right. The angle of the opening isn't right. It doesn't flow with the door crack.
I would take a picture of the door open and of the scoope from the front showing the door jam,but I haven't access of the car for atleast a month, a new project being done to the car,but once I get it back I'll take pictures of the door opening,with a close up of the scoope. un-like your scoopes,mine are molded into the body and there are no lines. the door opening is flush with scoope.The only reason I know this is I did the molding in on the scoopes myself. this took a long time to do to get it right,not just sticking a scoope on with the 3M tape, the Cervinis looks good also,but I'll have to argue with you on the fittment of the scoopes.
By the way very nice car!
Old 10/30/07, 04:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Ok, my first post was a bit harsh. BTW, thank you, and nice one yourself. What I should have said is that I personally don't care for those scoops, because the angle of the opening of the scoop, looking from the side, doesn't line up with the angle of the door crack. The Cervini's does and that's why I like them. Though, I probably will be buying the BBR/Ronaele rear bumper, because I don't like the skirt from Cervini's as much as the BBR/Ronaele bumper.

Here's a quick illustration of what I mean.
Old 10/31/07, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

this is great stuff.... I'm soaking it all in. please keep posting pictures and opinions~~
Old 10/31/07, 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

All I have to say is these cars all look fabulous!
Old 10/31/07, 09:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, I didn't really expect this much of a response. Thanks, and keep posting the pics. It helps.

Quick Reply: Cervini vs. C/S side scoops pics please