05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Cervini TYIII Chin Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/08, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cervini TYIII Chin Spoiler

Took a chance and added the TYIII chin she has definite appeal. I decided to use the black spray-on bed liner material.

Old 3/25/08, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice!
Old 3/26/08, 05:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I like it ...
Old 3/26/08, 11:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good!
Old 3/26/08, 11:34 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Boolair
Took a chance and added the TYIII chin she has definite appeal. I decided to use the black spray-on bed liner material.

This doesn't make my decision making any easier. The consensus so far is that the SHR Legend is the better choice because it’s prepped and ready for installation. But…you just displayed a pretty straight forward installation and it looks great! I like the Cervini’s because it looks closer to the GT500 spoiler then the Legend…but the complaints have kept me from pulling the trigger on this one. But…damn…you did a nice job. Any challenges that you can share? And what type of bed liner paint did you use?
Old 3/26/08, 11:36 AM
GT Member

Wow, that turned out really well.
Old 3/26/08, 11:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This doesn't make my decision any easier either. I didn't like the unfinished sides of the Legend and was leaning heavily towards the Willpak valance but this looks just as good with better clearance.

P.S. to OP: Was that Rhino Liner?

BB
Semper Fi

Last edited by Centurion96; 3/26/08 at 11:58 AM.
Old 3/26/08, 06:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MSGTGT
This doesn't make my decision making any easier. The consensus so far is that the SHR Legend is the better choice because it’s prepped and ready for installation. But…you just displayed a pretty straight forward installation and it looks great! I like the Cervini’s because it looks closer to the GT500 spoiler then the Legend…but the complaints have kept me from pulling the trigger on this one. But…damn…you did a nice job. Any challenges that you can share? And what type of bed liner paint did you use?

My buddy is prepping and painting mine and we are going to install it in acouple of weeks. He is painting it Hot Rod black. IMO the Cervini is a much better looking piece than the flat Legend one.
Old 3/26/08, 08:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
My buddy is prepping and painting mine and we are going to install it in acouple of weeks. He is painting it Hot Rod black. IMO the Cervini is a much better looking piece than the flat Legend one.
I agree totally! Please share some pics and let us know how the installation goes,
Old 3/26/08, 08:14 PM
I lust for a M24

Man, that looks fantastic. I wish Cervini would've tweaked the sides just a little different though. I don't like the gap where the body line / "factory chin spoiler" in the bumper meets the sides of the Cervini splitter in front of the tires... other than that, it's perfect!
Old 3/26/08, 08:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

thats different.
Old 3/31/08, 06:56 PM

Thanks for the comments from all.
To answer a few questions.
The spray-on bedliner I used was by Nortons, picked up at a local auto paint supply. It is very much like Rhino liner but a little cheaper. The main reason I used spray-on bedliner was to prevent it from looking like poop if I hit a curb and to limit the rock chips that occur from a daily driver. It will be very easy to hide and can easily be touched up.

I am including a couple of close-up pics of the spoiler installed. I saw someone mentioned the gaps when it is against the GT front end. Well I only have one issue and it is very minute and cannot be seen unless your on the ground and very close to it. The sides matched up very well. The original mold had a few rough edges that just required trimming. I used a razor blade and trimmed it.
I did have to use a larger drill bit to open the cervini holes in the spoiler to allow a bit of flexibility in aligning the original body screws.
The prep work requires some attention because of the amount of silicone in the mold for this spoiler. I had to us a scouring pad to remove the glazed appearance. once it was dull I wiped down with alcohol and lint free rags. I then put a coat of bullldog adhesion promoter. After the bulldog I added some primer then the spray-on bedliner. The bed liner took two coats because I thought it was to thin after the first application.

one of the side where the body and the spoiler meets up

A shot from the fender well

The gap
Old 3/31/08, 07:04 PM
Bullitt Member

looks good.
Old 4/1/08, 12:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Looks great! Nice job going with the spray on bedliner paint. A little risky, but it turned out great and like you said, touchups should be a breeze and chipped spots hid well.

This isn't making my decision easy either. I was just about to go with the Willpak, but this one looks like it's go more ground clearance. Could you take a picture of it from the side on a flat surface so we can see the ground clearance? Kind of like this one?

Looks great, nice job!

Last edited by Hatchman; 4/1/08 at 12:38 PM.
Old 4/5/08, 07:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Installed mine today
Attached Thumbnails Cervini TYIII Chin Spoiler-picture-206-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by GRAYPNY; 4/9/08 at 07:52 PM.
Old 4/5/08, 07:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

That looks good, Rich! Matches with the rest of the black trim theme. Very nice!
Old 4/9/08, 01:14 PM

Here you GO, Added two pics to show the clearance.
Ground clearance is 6 1/8" ground up. Keep in mind I have a 2" lowering spring and 18x8.5 tires and wheels. Hope this helps you out.

Old 4/9/08, 01:17 PM
I lust for a M24

Looks amazing!
Old 4/9/08, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Like it! Never been a big fan of Cervini's products, but this one is a winner. Not sure if I like this or the CDC Classic better....or the CS bumper...decisions decisions. Love the fact that you used Bedliner on it, great idea!
Old 4/9/08, 04:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Boolair
Here you GO, Added two pics to show the clearance.
Ground clearance is 6 1/8" ground up. Keep in mind I have a 2" lowering spring and 18x8.5 tires and wheels. Hope this helps you out.
That helps a lot, thanks! Looks great, and it does have more ground clearance. I think I may be going this route. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Cervini TYIII Chin Spoiler