05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Cervini or Legend Splitter?

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/08, 09:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cervini or Legend Splitter?

Pros and Cons. I'm thinking of adding one of the 2 splitters. Pictures and comments welcome.
Old 1/23/08, 09:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd go Cervini....

I had the legend splitter on my 05 and it looked cheap and faded easily and came with no hardware.
Old 1/24/08, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I have the legend splitter purchased through SHR. Looks great IMO, not cheap and no fading(yet ?) .Its rock solid on there and doesnt show any sign of abuse. It gets lots of compliments and came with all hardware. I love it and wouldn't change it . JMHO though. Sorry, I dont have any pics with it installed yet, camera broke and havent been able to buy another one yet.
Old 1/24/08, 11:54 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
+1 to the above. Used bolts and self locking nuts in the non-factory holes--solid as a rock, and I've had the thing (and the car) at "test speeds" of 90-100 mph. I have some pics of it scattered about on other threads, but I'll try to post new ones soon.

PS: MY Cervinis hood doesn't flutter at these speeds either.
Old 1/24/08, 01:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was concidering both of these until I saw the Willpak splitter/valance. Now it's no contest both of the above titled splitters got left in the dust. Here's a thread showing the Willpak.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=76125

BB
Semper Fi
Old 1/24/08, 04:45 PM
V6 Member

If I remember correctly, the Legend piece is fiberglass. That alone was enough to make us go with the Cervini piece. It's already survived one solid hit on a curb with little more than some paint swapping, I doubt the Legend would have fared as well.

~Mike~
Old 1/24/08, 06:30 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will add this as a "customer" before we had them available for sale... (take it for what it's worth)

The Legend piece does not protrude in a downward direction, so even on a lowered car like mine, I clear most parking lot curb stops and things like that without issue. One of our local customers has the Cervini's piece, and he has to always either be thinking about it or back into spaces, etc.. to avoid problems. I don't have that kind of time anymore to play with my own car, so the Legend piece is good from the "ease of use" category. Now when you buy from us, we do include all the S.S. bolts, nylock nuts, and fender washers needed for an easy install - I do not know if anyone else offering it adds this in or not, but I thought they should be included, so we do include them.

I do agree the willpack piece looks nice, but again I am concerned about it on a lowered vehicle.

As to the Legend piece made from fiberglass - this piece would not do well in any other material to be honest. ABS would warp, as would urethane, due to the shape and lack of structure underneath - add the structure, and now you do have something to hit... the 'glass is a good compromise in materials to get the desired effect at a minimum weight / cost and should hold up well long term. Mine has been outside in the FL sun almost a year with no sign of fading yet, but even if it did, it's nothing some barbeque black spray paint wouldn't fix.

As to hitting it - I have unfortunately done it a couple times now. Both instances though, the piece "climbed" over the obstruction, rather than getting flipped and dragged under the car, so the result was scratches to the bottom of the piece that I don't have to look at, so they don't exist

YMMV, so just take this as a customer report card on it, not as a vendor (this time )
Old 1/24/08, 07:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm still interested in comments from owners. I considered the Willpak splitter/valance but I I think it might look better on a car that is going for the Boss look. At this point I am leaning towards the Cervini.