05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

CDC shaker on sale

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/06, 05:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
CDC shaker kits are on sale now......at Mustang Tuning. $699 with free shipping. Ordered mine today along with a CDC classic spoiler.....the spoiler is on backorder though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] .
Old 3/10/06, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a STEAL!!!!!

Almost makes me want to order another one!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/10/06, 10:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big-Foot @ March 10, 2006, 10:48 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's a STEAL!!!!!

Almost makes me want to order another one!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

How you likin' yours? Got any install advice?? The thought of cutting my hood is already dancing in my head and I haven't even received the kit yet..........not to mention my wife looks at me last night and says "you're gonna screw that hood up and have to buy a new one" ! (Thanks honey)

Tom
Old 3/10/06, 12:15 PM
Bullitt Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Darn it that is cheap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Wish I had seen that when I bought mine last month. Dont worry too much about cutting into your hood. Remember if its painfull to see it don't look. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 3/10/06, 03:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silverGTvert @ March 10, 2006, 2:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Dont worry too much about cutting into your hood. Remember if its painfull to see it don't look. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Hum......never thought of closing my eyes. LMAO!

Thanks,

Tom
Old 3/10/06, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah - Cutting into the hood was a little intense but worth every minute of it...

Just measure carefully.. Take your time laying out the template. Use good quality masking tape to protect the hood. Use a good jig saw with 32 TPI or more Bi-Metal blades. It took about an hour to cut my hood. I stopped frequently to let the blade cool.

The results speak for themselves (I've left plenty of pictures around here) - This car turns more heads than a College Cheerleader now...

I'd do it again in a minute...

Here's a picture of HAMMAR my Boss / Mach1 Tribute...
Old 3/10/06, 09:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Randy. I've read all the threads I can find here, and printed out the install sheets from CDC's website. I think I've got it covered, except for a rivet gun; darn it........

Question for you, even as simple as it may sound, regarding finding the center-line of the hood. Did you just measure the width of the hood in several places, and divide by two? Then mark a line connecting the measured 1/2 way points? Don't know if I worded that well, but you probably get what I'm trying to say.
Old 3/11/06, 06:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Tom - Finding the center is pretty easy actually. I took a few different measurements. Measured between the physical edges of the hood and then also confirmed that the center line was exactly between the washer nozzles. Then lined up the template..
Old 3/11/06, 06:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big-Foot @ March 11, 2006, 8:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Tom - Finding the center is pretty easy actually. I took a few different measurements. Measured between the physical edges of the hood and then also confirmed that the center line was exactly between the washer nozzles. Then lined up the template..
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Randy, I appreciate it!

Tom
Old 3/11/06, 09:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tom281 @ March 10, 2006, 12:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
How you likin' yours? Got any install advice?? The thought of cutting my hood is already dancing in my head and I haven't even received the kit yet..........not to mention my wife looks at me last night and says "you're gonna screw that hood up and have to buy a new one" ! (Thanks honey)

Tom
[/b][/quote]

Hey Tom,
Sawing the hole out was a piece of cake. Remember to first thing you have to do is center punch and drill a 1/2 hole to start. You done screwed up the hood before you ever get near it with the saw. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Scott

Seriously,
Just take your time and it will turn out fine. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]