05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

CDC Glassback Roof

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/05, 10:59 AM
ARF
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OLD NEWS... even saleen has one now... cdc is like frozen... come on!...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 12/6/05, 04:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ...@December 6, 2005, 12:51 PM
I forgot all about this thread. I have them at work. I'll post them when I go back in tomorrow.

I like it. I havent driven the car all that much, but I did have it in an unexpected rain storm with no problems,Drove it under hot sun with no problems and had the car over 120mph without type of noise or air leak.
Are you close to Rosemead, CA?? I'm in the area this week, wouldn't mind taking a look at your car, PM me to let me know.......
Old 12/7/05, 06:58 AM
Bullitt Member

A green house on wheels!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how much weight that would add over stock???

not my cup off tea, not to mention the fact that it would be unbearably hot come summer months.
Old 12/7/05, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by nicksolheim@December 7, 2005, 8:01 AM
A green house on wheels!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how much weight that would add over stock???

not my cup off tea, not to mention the fact that it would be unbearably hot come summer months.
the glass has a heat and uv coating on it...it's not bad at all.
Old 2/6/06, 05:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not to un-earth this topic, but my shop just installed a pre-production glassback roof on their custom 06 V6. I will be over there on Wednesday droping my car off for the stereo install so I will take a pix. They say that CDC is telling them March for a production model???
Old 2/6/06, 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

cool, i can't wait for pics. Modified Mustangs magazine did a story on the cdc glassback car and it looked pretty sweet [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 07:03 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pony power @ November 15, 2005, 8:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think that looks too cheap. I would rather see a T top
[/b][/quote]

I don't know if anyone said anything about this yet, but I was looking in the one mustang trader book, and looked at www.JMSProductsInc.com and they have the kit to do a t top and they have a few pics of it on a '05.
Old 2/6/06, 09:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nole_trainer @ February 6, 2006, 8:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Not to un-earth this topic, but my shop just installed a pre-production glassback roof on their custom 06 V6. I will be over there on Wednesday droping my car off for the stereo install so I will take a pix. They say that CDC is telling them March for a production model???
[/b][/quote]

Maybe I can get a pre-production one this summer for my car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

It will probably still be a pre-production one then.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 10:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think it's a pretty sweet concept, but I wouldn't want to have my black leather get baked directly in the Phoenix sun [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Plus I would be worried about it cracking while road racing/autocrossing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Ford Hardtop is good enough for me!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 10:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Same here, the Phoenix summer is killer and would bake everything on the inside. I'd honestly rather have a targa top!!!
Old 2/6/06, 10:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05musclestang @ February 6, 2006, 9:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I don't know if anyone said anything about this yet, but I was looking in the one mustang trader book, and looked at www.JMSProductsInc.com and they have the kit to do a t top and they have a few pics of it on a '05.
[/b][/quote]
That is awesome, I didn't know they had done one yet.
Old 2/7/06, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangspeeder @ February 6, 2006, 11:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Same here, the Phoenix summer is killer and would bake everything on the inside. I'd honestly rather have a targa top!!!
[/b][/quote]

I've had ours out in the Phoenix area a couple times this year with no problems.
Old 2/8/06, 03:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I was at CDC a couple of weeks ago. They are still working on the seal and trim for the glass.
Old 2/8/06, 04:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK, went at looked at the car yesterday. In one word, WOW!!! Very nicely done. More trim around the glass than I would have thought, but it still looks nice. Would look wonderful on a black car (You would not even be able to tell it was there!!!) The glass is not silverish, as the pictures of the concept looked.

The trim pieces will be paintable, so I guess that is not an issue. They will also come in two styles (one is smooth and the other is like the side mirrors - roughish). These trim piece go across the four sides as well as up/down the front and rear windows. Once the hole is cut out of the roof, the glass kind of sits ot top of the roof, so that is why it is raised up. It also comes with a third brake light in the rear trim piece. The inside trim/headliner is what CDC is trying to correct. It was kind of uneven in spots where it met the glass. But until he pointed it out, I did not even noticed it. CDC is wanting it to be as perfect as possible, or close to OEM.

Overall I liked it. It was not hot, it was cloudy, and it is still just February. In the middle of a Florida summer might be a different story. So for me, the jury is still out? But it's either this roof or painted stripes!

pixs

pixs

inside
Old 2/8/06, 06:35 AM
Cobra Member

Pretty cool! But you are right, summers in FL are killer, and like Phoenix people said, I wouldn't want the interior to bake...
Old 2/8/06, 08:18 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nole_trainer @ February 8, 2006, 5:35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Would look wonderful on a black car (You would not even be able to tell it was there!!!) The glass is not silverish, as the pictures of the concept looked.

[/b][/quote]

This is true...at sema people didn't even notice the roof on our black car until they were looking at the interior and looked up.
it was pretty funny to watch their reactions though... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

sorry that pic does not do the roof justice.
The roof is just as black as the car....the flash must have picked it up.
I'll take a better picture when i get some time.
Old 2/8/06, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

I like it, alot. Ive owned several verts, but the wife doesnt like them.

This is the "next to the best thing".

If the price is reasonable I will bite.

My car is a Refire, heck, I would trade it in on a black car, if the roof didnt look right on Redfire.
Old 2/8/06, 06:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nole_trainer @ February 8, 2006, 6:35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Would look wonderful on a black car (You would not even be able to tell it was there!!!) The glass is not silverish, as the pictures of the concept looked.

[/b][/quote]

That is exactly why I want it. I've had it planned almost exactly what I want to do to my car since the 2005 first came out. Hopefully, this will be out by then so I can start making the car the way I envision it.

Until then I will just have to drool and dream....

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/16/06, 04:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bump.gif[/img]

Anyone heard anymore about this rarely seen animal?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/16/06, 07:51 AM

Seems really cool, but not very practical if your mustang is your primary vehicle. If I didn't have to drive my car everyday, I'm pretty sure I would look into getting this. I'm not sure it would look right on windveil blue though.

Quick Reply: CDC Glassback Roof