05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Bullitt Foglight Install Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/08, 10:30 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,902 Posts
Bullitt Foglight Install Q&A

For Those Wanting to Add foglamps to their Bullitt. This is my Most Current Info. If Somebody Else has a Different Solution Please Feel Free to Chime in.

As Per the Build Sheet on Our Bullitt we Sold.

The Foglamps Feature is Not Enabled as Was the Build Sheet on the Prototype I had Checked Earlier. My Build Sheet Shows Also that the Wiring Harness on the Bullit is a non foglamp harness. So we have some Issues as Far as Plug and Play. If you wanted to Install Foglamps on your Bullitt using Factory Parts you would Need a Headlight Wiring Harness, Headlight Switch, Your Choice of Grille and Some Factory Foglamps. Now Once all these Parts are Installed you would have to Find a Dealer with the Knowledge to Enable the SJB AKA Smart Junction Box for the Foglamps to work. Most Dealers will Not Attempt this and FORD will not Assist the Dealers to do this. Now if Memory Serves Some Members had found a way around this on Some V6 Cars when Adding Lamps and a Search May bring this to Light as it Were. My Solution to Adding Lamps would be to Use the Street Scenes Wiring Kit which is a Very Clean Wiring Setup that uses a Small Round Rocker Switch.

FYI,

KC
Old 4/10/08, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be going without...

Thanks Kevin,
On that note I'll be going with out added lights on the Bullitt.
Keith
Old 4/10/08, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Black GT500
Thanks Kevin,
On that note I'll be going with out added lights on the Bullitt.
Keith
It's an Enlighting topic Anyway!

KC
Old 4/10/08, 03:18 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks KC for not leaving us in the dark.
Old 4/10/08, 03:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know several V6 guys have installed fogs using the GT switch with the Street Scene Harness.

Here's one

http://www.mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=5149
Old 4/11/08, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Ford's instructions on "Fog lamps and harness installation"

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
For Those Wanting to Add foglamps to their Bullitt. This is my Most Current Info. If Somebody Else has a Different Solution Please Feel Free to Chime in.
What about these Ford factory instructions on the "Fog lamps and harness installation", which you can download (~3MB) by clicking HERE. Don't these instructions show everything that would be necessary? I doesn't look to me like there are any problems involved that someone ready to do some wire splicing and soldering couldn't take care of. I found the instructions in connection with a wiring kit said to be a "Mustang Factory Fog Lamp Wiring & Switch Kit ... designed to add factory or aftermarket fog lamps to your 2005-2008 V6 Mustang."

Last edited by dhartson; 4/11/08 at 10:08 AM.
Old 4/11/08, 11:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Thanks KC for shedding some light on the topic!
Old 4/11/08, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dhartson
What about these Ford factory instructions on the "Fog lamps and harness installation", which you can download (~3MB) by clicking HERE. Don't these instructions show everything that would be necessary? I doesn't look to me like there are any problems involved that someone ready to do some wire splicing and soldering couldn't take care of. I found the instructions in connection with a wiring kit said to be a "Mustang Factory Fog Lamp Wiring & Switch Kit ... designed to add factory or aftermarket fog lamps to your 2005-2008 V6 Mustang."
I guess that would depend on how interested you are in splicing and soldering considering all these Bullitts are in the beginning of their warranty lives. If it were me, I'd vastly prefer a PNP installation, or one that was as minimally intrusive as possible.
Old 4/11/08, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by dhartson
Looks Like They Have Access to the Pony Grille Wiring Harness Seperate From the Kit. Ford Does Not Offer it Seperately. This Should Work Well. The Only Other Thing Needed Would Be the Correct Piggtails for Gt Lamps which are Different Than the Pony Lamps. Good Find! Btw the Kit Bypasses the SJB as in the Oe Install.

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/11/08 at 05:07 PM.
Old 4/11/08, 05:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was one of those that added fogs to my '05 V6... I used the Street Scene wiring harness and a GT switch and it worked perfect! I just had to tap into one wire that went into the GT switch itself (and had to plug into the fuse box), other than that, it was completely independent system, but was controlled like the stock GT... If adding this for the bullitt, I would definitely think about going this route...

But man, I wish Ford (or aftermarket) would come out with a small fog lamp kit to go in the lower grill... The Shebly GT / CS has one, but us normal GT have nothing...

Last edited by Iceknyght; 4/11/08 at 05:14 PM.
Old 4/11/08, 06:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The wire in the above instructions basically does the same thing as connecting to the fuse box taps into a power source. A fuse box tap would allow you to do the install without splicing your factory harness though creating a cleaner install than the factory kit

KC - how much would you charge for the street scene harness and GT headlight switch?

I need to do this so I can add fogs to my CDC aggressive chin

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
I was one of those that added fogs to my '05 V6... I used the Street Scene wiring harness and a GT switch and it worked perfect! I just had to tap into one wire that went into the GT switch itself (and had to plug into the fuse box), other than that, it was completely independent system, but was controlled like the stock GT... If adding this for the bullitt, I would definitely think about going this route...

But man, I wish Ford (or aftermarket) would come out with a small fog lamp kit to go in the lower grill... The Shebly GT / CS has one, but us normal GT have nothing...