05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Boyd Coddington Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/04, 05:04 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GirchyGirchy+December 28, 2004, 2:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GirchyGirchy @ December 28, 2004, 2:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Burke0011@December 28, 2004, 11:49 AM
Where's the choise for 'None of the above'?......

None of them do anything for me......

What I would like is a set of 18 x 9 Bullitt/torque thrust wheels to replace the 17s I currently have.....
Like these? They've always been my favourites.

[/b][/quote]
I agree with girchygirchy torque thrust all the way! B)

Hey... what happened to Bluebear, he finally peev off Boyd with his hot Rod competition???
Old 12/28/04, 05:24 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by GirchyGirchy@December 28, 2004, 4:33 PM
I am not sure that model is offered on either 17s or 18s. At one time those were only available on 14s or 15s. The one drawback on these is the removal of stains such as oil stains. It can be an adventure removing them. The spokes' finish is a rough, semi-gloss texture (seems to be absorbent) unlike the smooth finish of today's OEM and aftermarket versions.
Old 12/28/04, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I clicked on the link and it showed new sizes all the way up to 20s I think. If those weren't polished I might conisder them.
Old 12/28/04, 06:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
American Racing is also going to be coming out with "slot mags" in the next few weeks.....

AMERICAN RACING WHEELS RELEASES THE HISTORIC SLOT MAG
Date: 10/27/2004
By: American Racing Fold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMERICAN RACING WHEELS RELEASES THE HISTORIC SLOT MAG
AR Retro-Engineers and Re-Introduces the Legendary Sixties Ansen Slot Mag

Los Angeles—Los Angeles-based American Racing Equipment, Inc., one of the world’s largest and most historic automotive aftermarket wheel manufacturers, has refined and re-introduced the original Ansen slot mag, one of the most recognized custom wheel designs emerging from the true rod and custom era of the late sixties and early seventies.

Originally offered in the mid-sixties by various manufacturers, the Ansen-style Sprint slot mag was featured on many of the most famous racing, custom and muscle cars of the period, including the 1976 Ford Gran Torino of Starsky and Hutch. Remaining true to its unique and historic roots, American Racing’s new Ansen-style slot mag will be manufactured of aluminum alloy, but will be polished to a brilliant finish for restoration and custom applications. The new Slot Mag has been retroengineered to fit a variety of lug patterns and more modern tire and brake packages, including 15x7 inch 4-lug patterns for earlier Mustangs. To complete the product package, American’s designers added sizes to fit today’s custom trends—the Ansen Sprint slot mag will be offered in 15x7, 15x8, 17x7 and 17x8 inch sizes, with correct backspacing requirements for most period restoration cars and trucks. It is the first time that a slot-mag style has been shown in 17 inch sizes, outside of a few early “skinnies” used for drag racing in the sixties.
The release of the new Ansen Sprint Slot Mag was announced at the 2004 SEMA Show.

Availability
Available in January, 2005, the Ansen Sprint-style slot mag will be available from American Racing’s 25,000 retailers across the U.S. and in more than 25 countries worldwide.

For more information on American Racing Equipment, log onto www.americanracing.com