05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Bought a new CDC chin spoiler, look at what a POS I received!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/06 | 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bought a new CDC chin spoiler, look at what a POS I received!!

For now I won't mention publically who I purchased from, if you want to know you can send a PM. If the company does not take care of the issue then you can be sure I'll let everyone know who these folks are.

I just sent the following email...

To Whom It May Concern,

I received a CDC Classic Chin Spoiler - 2005+ Mustang GT from you in the mail today. (Order number xxxxxx, Cust ID xxxxxx, SKU 11027 110020) Based on the condition of the box and spoiler, this part is obviously used. The box was torn to pieces and had obviously been opened and taped back together as the staples holding the cardboard together were no longer doing so. The top of the box had been almost completely torn off. The spoiler itself has obviously been sanded on and the two-sided adhesive tape is missing that is supposed to come pre-attached to the spoiler. I have spoken with other purchasers of the CDC Classic Chin Spoiler to confirm how theirs arrived, the other spoilers were not even black like the one you sent me. Please see the attached pictures illustrating the damaged box and used condition of the spoiler.

I expect you to take the following actions:

1. Approve the RMA request and assign a RMA number
2. You to arrange for and pay for return shipping of the used chin spoiler
3. Either send a BRAND NEW replacement chin spoiler or a full refund, your choice

I will be calling first thing in the morning to get confirmation if I don't hear back from you via email.

Thank you
Here are the pictures that I took.. there are quite a few. Opinions?

Thanks

Old 11/7/06 | 08:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

What a disgrace! Great letter.
Let us know what happens....
Old 11/7/06 | 08:41 PM
GT Member

wow did you even get all the hardware with it?
Old 11/7/06 | 08:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

This was third party retailer I assume? Retards in mail room looks like, or in the delivery van.
Old 11/7/06 | 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes. This was not purchased from CDC.

It looks like the hardware and instructions are wrapped in that cling wrap packing stuff (in one end of the spoiler) they use on pallets but I didn't mess with it.
Old 11/7/06 | 08:56 PM

obviously a mistake was made in the shipping. They'll do you right.
Old 11/7/06 | 09:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

That is one POS alright! Hope you get it resolved and remember there is always option #2.
Old 11/8/06 | 01:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

wow! i would be mad too if i opened the box and i got that. there must be a mix up, and they accidently sent you that one... hopefully.

but interested to hear how this turns out. good luck
Old 11/8/06 | 03:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Good luck Chad- hope they do you right.
Old 11/8/06 | 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

what a POS, with the letter you wrote, they better recognize
Old 11/8/06 | 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would make sure you don't pay a restocking fee too.
Old 11/8/06 | 03:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Good luck on getting this worked out. I'd be mad too. I'm sure you'll get a new replacement.
Old 11/8/06 | 04:13 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by Stang281
I would make sure you don't pay a restocking fee too.
Did you read the letter he wrote? I don't think he'll be putting up with any of that crap.
Old 11/8/06 | 07:02 PM
Cobra R Member

You responded like a gentleman in your letter. I wouldn't be that considerate.I hope they make good and give you what you actually paid for.I'm sure you worked very hard to purchase that part.Good luck.Ogre
Old 11/8/06 | 07:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Lol, wtf!!

I ordered the chin and ducktail form Mustang Tuning, now American Muscle.

The chin came fine, and was tan in color, unopened.
The ducktail was semi open and missing the end pieces, they made good on it. It did take a while, but in the end all was good.
Old 11/8/06 | 08:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The double-sided tape I got with mine was not attached but rather included in a separate bag with the instructions. It does look like something came open and was hastily put back together.

Let us know what happens.

PS - Did you order the flat black or were you going to have it painted the body color?
Old 11/8/06 | 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
The double-sided tape I got with mine was not attached but rather included in a separate bag with the instructions. It does look like something came open and was hastily put back together.

Let us know what happens.

PS - Did you order the flat black or were you going to have it painted the body color?
Hi Tony,

I ordered it "ready to paint" and not the flat black. It looks like they sent a flat black one that someone had been sanding on. BTW: I got the pre-painted ducktail from CDC today and it was package securely with everything wrapped in foam and bubble wrap. The chin spoiler (was shipped directly from seller and not from CDC) was just loose in the box without any wrapping so it is pretty obvious that something fishy is going on.

Thanks
Old 11/8/06 | 10:18 PM
GT Member

Believe it or not, mine came looking almost identical to yours. I also ordered from a secondary source but was told that it was drop shipping from CDC. The box was in perfect condition, the spoiler though, was the same as yours, same scuffs, same everything (if not a little worse). I also had to wait almost a month as it was backordered everywhere including CDC.
Maybe they got a bad batch? Anyway the painter fixed it all up and it looks great now.
Good Luck
Old 11/8/06 | 11:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Maybe you guys should PM each other and find out where you bought these from.
Old 11/8/06 | 11:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bc317
Believe it or not, mine came looking almost identical to yours. I also ordered from a secondary source but was told that it was drop shipping from CDC. The box was in perfect condition, the spoiler though, was the same as yours, same scuffs, same everything (if not a little worse). I also had to wait almost a month as it was backordered everywhere including CDC.
Maybe they got a bad batch? Anyway the painter fixed it all up and it looks great now.
Good Luck
Mine was not drop shipped from CDC, it came directly from the parts supplier based on the UPS tag on the box. The ducktail I ordered from a different third party had a shipping label with CDC as the return address so I know that the ducktail was drop shipped.

Quick Reply: Bought a new CDC chin spoiler, look at what a POS I received!!