05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Bodykit Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/05, 02:46 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Everybody!
I'm new here and this is my first post
I've been reading the posts here for a while and everybody seems very friendly.
Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone knows if the bodykits coming out will fit the V6. I read somewhere that the GT bumper cover is not a direct fit with the v6s. I'm surprised Ford would do this but they KNOW how large the aftermarket for the mustang is. Since I plan on buying a V6 in the future, that could put a damepening on my fun. Can anyone confirm whether the body mods would fit?
Old 1/6/05, 06:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes the body components for the V6 and GT are different. But I don't think that will matter, you have to take off the stock one to put on the aftermarket, and I don't the points at which it attaches to the car are different. I don't know for sure though.
Old 1/6/05, 06:56 PM

Other then the front grill what body parts are different? I would like to get a body kit for my v6 as well.
Old 1/6/05, 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

The lower front fascia and rear bumper are different...other than that, I'm not sure.
Old 1/6/05, 07:14 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Welcome to the forum super snake.

As some have already stated, the bumpers and grill is different. I have not really seen any aftermarket companies making kits for the V6 but I'm sure there can't be that big of a difference as far as installation points are located.
Old 1/6/05, 07:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@January 6, 2005, 7:44 PM
Yes the body components for the V6 and GT are different. But I don't think that will matter, you have to take off the stock one to put on the aftermarket, and I don't the points at which it attaches to the car are different. I don't know for sure though.
Im just wondering if...say....the street scene equipment front fascia would line up correctly on the 6er. I forget exactly where I read it the GT bumper cover wouldn't be a perfect fit for the 6 banger but it was on this board. Something about the wheel well....some plastic thingamajig not fitting right...who knows. Kinda frustrating...with the exception of the cobra, the after markets kits fit both the GT and the 6 for the other generation stangs. I can understand Ford differentiating the two cars so theres perks for buying the GT (fog lights and such), but dont make things different sizes!! Theres gonna be some mighty unhappy V6 owners if they have to wait for specific V6 bodykits. I'll be one of them :bang:

What we need is a guinea pig! Any volunteers?
Old 1/6/05, 10:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know that someone posted a link to the kit...have you tried emailing Street Scene? They may have further insight, since they definitely want to be as universal as possible.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
Old 1/7/05, 10:19 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by steve19970@January 6, 2005, 11:30 PM
I know that someone posted a link to the kit...have you tried emailing Street Scene? They may have further insight, since they definitely want to be as universal as possible.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
Thanx Steve!
I emailed street scene yesterdat asking them about the situation. They said i'd hear from them within 48 hours so we'll see how that goes. I agree, a universal kit benefits everyone, street scene and us.
Old 1/7/05, 10:52 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Just say no to universal kits. That means regardless of the model you have you would most likely need to remove tabs, or drill holes etc...
I can just see getting a kit for the GT and having to remove excess material that is on the bumper to line up with mounting points on the V6.

I really don't know if this is the case, I am just guessing but I would think that is more of a pain then getting a kit that just bolts in with no modifications required.
Old 1/7/05, 01:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@January 7, 2005, 11:55 AM
Just say no to universal kits. That means regardless of the model you have you would most likely need to remove tabs, or drill holes etc...
I can just see getting a kit for the GT and having to remove excess material that is on the bumper to line up with mounting points on the V6.

I really don't know if this is the case, I am just guessing but I would think that is more of a pain then getting a kit that just bolts in with no modifications required.
By universal I just meant it would fit both the GT and V6 without any modifications. I looked on ebay for 05 stuff and theres a xenon kit available. Its says it fits the v6! however you need the gt grill assembly. Im fine with that as long as the bumper fits the car! Hopefully the street scene fits the v6 as well.

By the way, I live in Canada too! W00T!
Old 1/7/05, 02:12 PM
Retired Tms Staff

:w00t:
Old 1/11/05, 06:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Street Scene currently only has the kit that fits the V8. The kit consists of the front facia, side skirts and rear valance. In addtion they make grilles and side window louvers for the 05 Mustang. They are currently working on a new kit to fit the V6. The design of the front nose will look the same as the V8 but will have the correct attachment points so that you can use the V6 grille. Also, the way the body kit attaches to the car is diffrent on the V6 than the V8. In addtion, the inner fender wells are slightly diffrent on the V6 vrs the V8 so the V6 body kit will be slightly diffrent in the way it attaches. The side skirts are the same on the V8 and V6. The rear valance will look pretty much the same but will have one exhaust outlet instead of two and will have a slight diffrence in the way it mounts. The side window louvers will fit on the V6 or V8. Of course, the V6 and V8 grilles are also diffrent so they require diffrent part numbers. Street Scene is also working on a grille shell so that you can update a V6 to look like a V8GT. Here are a couple of pictures of what the kit looks like on a V8
Old 1/11/05, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is another picture of a orange one. There is also a red one with white stipes posted elsewhere.
Old 1/11/05, 07:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05@January 11, 2005, 7:29 PM
Street Scene currently only has the kit that fits the V8. The kit consists of the front facia, side skirts and rear valance. In addtion they make grilles and side window louvers for the 05 Mustang. They are currently working on a new kit to fit the V6. The design of the front nose will look the same as the V8 but will have the correct attachment points so that you can use the V6 grille. Also, the way the body kit attaches to the car is diffrent on the V6 than the V8. In addtion, the inner fender wells are slightly diffrent on the V6 vrs the V8 so the V6 body kit will be slightly diffrent in the way it attaches. The side skirts are the same on the V8 and V6. The rear valance will look pretty much the same but will have one exhaust outlet instead of two and will have a slight diffrence in the way it mounts. The side window louvers will fit on the V6 or V8. Of course, the V6 and V8 grilles are also diffrent so they require diffrent part numbers. Street Scene is also working on a grille shell so that you can update a V6 to look like a V8GT. Here are a couple of pictures of what the kit looks like on a V8
Thanx Mike! I got the info from you faster than street scene could get it to me!
Just curious....where did you get all that info from?
Old 1/11/05, 07:46 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
man that orange, im still droolin since i first saw it.
Old 1/11/05, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

what wheels are on the yellow one?
Old 1/11/05, 11:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by bullittman68@January 11, 2005, 8:53 PM
what wheels are on the yellow one?
Tough to see, but they might be Billet Specilaties Rebel.
http://www.billetspecialties.com/item.asp?...6&scid=1&pid=52
Old 1/12/05, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

One more picture- here is the same Street Scene body kit in red with white stripes
Old 1/13/05, 01:43 PM
GT Member

Erebuni says that V6 owners need to switch out the grill, but that is the only thing they say needs to be diff.
Here is a link to the body kit they have.. its the same on that was on the performance west, procharger and the rear was used on the goodyear.
erebuni
Old 1/14/05, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

If you are changing the complete rear facia like you can on some body kits, then yes the rear will work on both the V6 and V8. If its only a rear lip like the Street Scene kit, then the V6 and V8 will be diffrent. The only other thing is that if you change the complete rear facia, it will force you to put dual exhaust on a V6 as the V8 will come with 2 exhaust outlets. On the front, the grille opening is diffrent so you are correct- you would need to change the grille shell to the V8-GT style. The other diffrence is that some of the mounting points are diffrent from the V6 to the V8. Erebuni and some of the others might have found a way to make a universal mount system. The wheel wells are also slightly diffrent, but again, they may have found a way around them.

Quick Reply: Bodykit Fitment