05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Black anodized aluminum radiator cover, does anyone offer it?

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/07, 06:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Black anodized aluminum radiator cover, does anyone offer it?

I've been looking at how sun-faded my stock radiator cover has gotten from all the shows I take my car to (hood is always up at the shows). I really like the Steeda brushed aluminum cover, but I wanted to keep the grill area black. Does anyone offer a black aluminum (anodized?) radiator cover? I've looked on lots of sites, but with no luck. I wonder if Marcello could anodize one if I sent him the Steeda piece? If anyone has any ideas or has seen a black anodized aluminum radiator cover, let me know. Thanks for the help.
Old 11/3/07, 10:29 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know of anyone who anodizes those things however I am thinking of picking up either the MAC or UPR one and having it powdercoated black wrinkle to match my valve covers or maybe even that black chrome like on some wheels I've seen. Just thought I would pass it on.
Old 11/3/07, 10:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mother's Back to Black will make your cover look new. Did mine two times since early 06 and mine looks new. $4 fix.
Old 11/3/07, 11:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I am with Shaun here, do mine about once a month actually. Apply it, dress it, wipe off the excess and you're done.
Old 11/5/07, 09:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by shaun_beauchamp
Mother's Back to Black will make your cover look new. Did mine two times since early 06 and mine looks new. $4 fix.
Hey Shawn, I have the stuff, and use it often, but the thought of a black aluminum piece is very intriguing. The powdercoat idea isn't bad either. Thanks for the suggestions.