05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Agent 47 Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/07, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agent 47 Spoiler

Anyone know a specific time frame this spoiler will be out or any details as to if it uses stock holes etc. I think this spoiler looks great, not real big on the two extensions on the back but its groing on me. Anyone have any info on these?

Old 8/9/07, 01:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Holy ducktail Batman!
Old 8/9/07, 02:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
RICE RICE BABY...
Old 8/9/07, 03:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
RICE RICE BABY...
Perhaps without the jewelry on, it might look pretty clean. But I'd have to see it first
Old 8/9/07, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nascar
Old 8/9/07, 05:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

thats what the fins are meant for, they are meant to be trimable like the nascar wings to tune the downforce
Old 8/9/07, 11:58 PM
V6 Member

RICE RICE BABY...
Call me crazy but I am thinking that without the fins on it, it may be the best looking one on the market. Just look at it and imagine it without fins, I think it compliments lines a lot better than some other options out there.
Old 8/10/07, 12:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would consider this without the little ducktails, LOL
Old 8/10/07, 09:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
RICE RICE BABY...
So, is it rice because it's actually functional? The diffusers may not be pretty, but they are actually making the wing functional. So I'm not getting the "rice" comment. Maybe you'd like to look at a few definitions of the term rice, and get back to us.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rice
Old 8/10/07, 09:40 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
So, is it rice because it's actually functional? The diffusers may not be pretty, but they are actually making the wing functional. So I'm not getting the "rice" comment. Maybe you'd like to look at a few definitions of the term rice, and get back to us.
Well how about "ugly" then? I agree that it would look "nicer" without the "functionality."

As to functionality: does anyone know how functional any spoiler is on a car that is going 60 to 90 mph? That's about as fast as I'd go.

Or stated another way, how fast do you have to go to get any appreciable down force on the car?

Thanks
Old 8/10/07, 10:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Agent 47 sells several items targeted at serious racers. That would include the quarter windows, the spoiler, the brake cooling ducts, and the headlight deletes. These are not for your every day cars. While you and I will not be attaining the speeds to make use of that, there are some that are, and that's who the parts are targeted to. Of course, you could buy the spoiler and not install the diffusers.

Anything else?
Old 8/10/07, 11:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

i agree with darkfire, just take off the diffusers and paint the bolts when you paint the spoiler and people will not notice, or you could leave them silver and get the motorsports look
Old 8/10/07, 12:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
<---- refusing to back down

It's RICE IMO because the functionality won't appear at the speeds the car will most likely be driven. What downforce will be exerted at 75-80mph?

I'm standing by my RICE assertion, and adding FUGLY as well.
Old 8/10/07, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think the "rice" thing gets used too much on these forums...

First of all this is a spoiler...most "ricers" use large wings...

And like DarkFire said Agent 47 designs their products towards serious racers who go over 75-80mph.
Old 8/10/07, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kkoch
Call me crazy but I am thinking that without the fins on it, it may be the best looking one on the market. Just look at it and imagine it without fins, I think it compliments lines a lot better than some other options out there.
Looks like a slightly different take on the GT500 spoiler... just picked mine up from the stealership today...installing tomorrow!
Originally Posted by gmichaelj1
Well how about "ugly" then? I agree that it would look "nicer" without the "functionality."

As to functionality: does anyone know how functional any spoiler is on a car that is going 60 to 90 mph? That's about as fast as I'd go.

Or stated another way, how fast do you have to go to get any appreciable down force on the car?

Thanks
Agree, but I was sure glad for the lip spoiler on my '97 Viper GTS, when my wife and I took it 165 (rock solid changing lanes....this was in '99 before we had kids)....the RT/10 Vipers get squirrely at ~140 since they don't have it...

Originally Posted by scotts05custom
I think the "rice" thing gets used too much on these forums...

First of all this is a spoiler...most "ricers" use large wings...

And like DarkFire said Agent 47 designs their products towards serious racers who go over 75-80mph.
Agree with that too...a ricer would definetly have a "wing"...now that's for sure not a functional part of out GT's///that's why I'm putting the GT500 spoiler on tomorrow...and FYI, I take mine to 125 EVERY DAY on a long (3/4 to 1 mile) on ramp...
Old 8/10/07, 09:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I think that thing would cover 1/2 of the 3rd brake light. That's why they removed it?
Old 8/10/07, 10:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I wouldn't call that spoiler rice,...contemporary.As retro as the S-197 is, its nice to see some new school applications avalible for our newer cars.
Old 8/10/07, 10:23 PM
Cobra Member

If anyone here saw that spoiler on a Civic we would all be calling it "rice".

So, what makes it not rice on a Mustang?
Old 8/11/07, 09:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by nynvolt
If anyone here saw that spoiler on a Civic we would all be calling it "rice".

So, what makes it not rice on a Mustang?
Maybe you would call it rice. It's not a huge Gran Turismo wing that looks like it belongs on an airplane, it's a functional ducktail. If you take off the diffusers, the only difference between it and the GT500 wing are a few angles are a bit different, and it's probably about an inch longer. Otherwise, it's the same spoiler.

The term "rice" does seem to get thrown around way too much.

This is rice

The guy is so worried about looking like other cars, he forgot he would need to be able to steer his ride.

This is rice

This is NOT rice

Old 8/11/07, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
obviously this guy went to far, but according to some of you guy that argue for fake badging. "it's his money he can buy what he wants." just because they sell it does'nt mean you should buy it.

Quick Reply: Agent 47 Spoiler