The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   ? about 06 fanblades (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/about-06-fanblades-402585/)

PonyGirl 3/8/05 10:47 AM

Deep Dish Bullets.CHROME................now yur talkin'

jayguy 3/8/05 12:06 PM

I'm definitely a fan of the fanblades. I just haven't decided yet if I want them with a high polish or with the centers of each spoke painted, and the edges machined. I think I saw a picture a while ago with that treatment on a similar wheel and it looked really good.

But it's all a moot point if I can't even buy a Mustang. Right now it seems the only cars available for this MY are the V6's, and the '06's are forever away! I really feel for those who have ordered cars and Still don't have an idea when it will be built.

Jay
Someday, I'll have one.

KansasCityTim 3/8/05 12:19 PM

Originally posted by jayguy@March 8, 2005, 1:09 PM
with a high polish or with the centers of each spoke painted, and the edges machined.

Those are going to be the options on the fanblades? I have been trying to figure out what the finishes will be forever. I am assuming by highly polished, it will be polished aluminum? Thanks for the info.

Falchion 3/8/05 12:54 PM

I think the Fan Blades look great too! :nice:

I'm not sure how well they would look on a V6 though? :dunno:

Any ideas?

S197 GT 3/8/05 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Dan@March 7, 2005, 6:34 PM

I like these. I want to see them in black with the polished lip on a black GT.

holderca1 3/8/05 01:26 PM

Originally posted by Falchion@March 8, 2005, 1:57 PM
I think the Fan Blades look great too! :nice:

I'm not sure how well they would look on a V6 though? :dunno:

Any ideas?

I would imagine they would look the same as they do on the GT since the bodies of the car are the same on both.

Mongoose 3/8/05 10:57 PM

Chrome Fanblades

CA Stang 3/9/05 11:07 AM

Originally posted by Dan@March 8, 2005, 1:30 AM
I actually like the fanblades as well as chrome bullitts.

I think this car needs relatively chunky rims. Thin spokes just don't do it (see Steeda).

I dunno, looking at these pics you'd be hard pressed not to like them.

Except, if the show car had 9" widths for the fanblades, why does it look like we are getting 8" wide ones in 06?

I like the fanblades a lot. I am planning on upgrading my '05 GT to them once they are available for the '06MY.

Where did you hear that they will be 8" wide instead of 9" Dan? I was counting on them being 9".

jayguy 3/9/05 12:17 PM

Here's a picture of the fanblades with blacked in spokes.

Got this from the photoshop section, but they look really good to me.

Jay
'05 SB GT order going in today!

Dan 3/9/05 12:38 PM

Originally posted by CA Stang+March 9, 2005, 2:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CA Stang @ March 9, 2005, 2:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dan@March 8, 2005, 1:30 AM
I actually like the fanblades as well as chrome bullitts.

I think this car needs relatively chunky rims. Thin spokes just don't do it (see Steeda).

I dunno, looking at these pics you'd be hard pressed not to like them.

Except, if the show car had 9" widths for the fanblades, why does it look like we are getting 8" wide ones in 06?

I like the fanblades a lot. I am planning on upgrading my '05 GT to them once they are available for the '06MY.

Where did you hear that they will be 8" wide instead of 9" Dan? I was counting on them being 9".
[/b][/quote]

Adrenalin said that he has a friend who's company was supposed to have got the contract for the fanblade rims. According to his friend, the rims were 8" wide.

I was counting on 9" as well. I hope that info is incorrect.

Adrenalin did say that they may not have got the contract however, Ford probably spec'd the rims regardless of who got the contract and therefore they were probably 8" rims.

I'm dying to find out:

1. When the rims will be available?
2. How wide will they be (8 or 9")?

And spring is practically here........and I really want to put some new shoes on her.

nynvolt 3/9/05 03:57 PM

The fanblades look ok, but your right alot of truck/suv's have similar rims.

I just want some black bullits in 18x9 and I'd be happy.

StangNut 3/9/05 08:38 PM

I probably wasn't clear. Even if there weren't any other vehicles that had that style wheels, I'd still hate the fanblades. (there, I think that's pretty clear)
I do, however, like them better than the '05 upgrades.

Treadhead 3/9/05 10:32 PM

I would love to have some chrome fanblades. I also like the chrome 18" bullits. I saw some cool looking Motegi racing wheels at my dealership the other day but I couldn't find the aftermarket guy so I don't know what model they are yet. I just hope I can afford to upgrade them.

edcrbnsoul 3/10/05 07:22 AM

I like the bullit wheels better also.

Adrenalins has one of the sweeter wheel set ups Ive seen with the 18" AR Torq Thrust customs :nice:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=13860

adrenalin 3/10/05 08:22 AM

Thanks for the props Ed. I really do like the rims. Gives the car a more aggessive looking stance to it.

jwenger 3/10/05 09:43 AM

To each his own. And for me its Chrome Fan Blades :nice:

markski74 3/10/05 10:41 AM

I don't care that much for the fanblades myself. They are much better than the "upgraded" wheels which are :puke: in my opinion. I ordered my car with the bullits and then ordered aftermarket 18" wheels. That way I would have a less costly investment if I needed to purchase snow tires. In addition, I wouldn't have to worry about damaging my "good" wheels in the winter. This is assuming the fanblades were available as an option when I ordered the car.

Edcrbnsoul, is your avatar a kid wielding a double edged lightsaber???

KansasCityTim 3/10/05 11:17 AM

Originally posted by markski74@March 10, 2005, 11:44 AM
I don't care that much for the fanblades myself. They are much better than the "upgraded" wheels which are :puke: in my opinion. I ordered my car with the bullits and then ordered aftermarket 18" wheels. That way I would have a less costly investment if I needed to purchase snow tires. In addition, I wouldn't have to worry about damaging my "good" wheels in the winter. This is assuming the fanblades were available as an option when I ordered the car.

Edcrbnsoul, is your avatar a kid wielding a double edged lightsaber???

Star Wars Boy!!!