05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

2007 Mustang Pony Grill Fog Lights Install

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/07, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mustang Pony Grill Fog Lights Install

I recently purchased a pony package grill kit off of ebay. When i recieved the kit the wiring harness did not match the instructions. The kit is supposed to be all genuine ford parts, but since the harness does not match the directions I am wondering if I was ripped off with an aftermarket harness. The ford instructions that came with the kit show only one relay, but the harness I recieved has two relays. My car is a 2007 and actually has some holes in the strut tower for mounting that are also different from the ford instructions. Does anyone know if Ford changed the kit to include two relays instead of only one. I just dont' want to short out my electrical system with faulty wiring harnesses or something. Thanks!
Old 8/30/07, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Perhaps you were given a Pony Package grille with the Street Scene wiring harness? Did it include the OEM headlight/foglight switch?
Old 8/31/07, 12:36 AM

Everything else looks like it is from ford. I think it may be a street scene or blue oval industries harness and thats why I'm trying to find someone who has installed a pony grill kit to verify if maybe ford now has two relays instead of only one. Unfortunately most peolple know nothing about the pony package grill kits. I've even spoke to ford dealers that do not know the kit even exhists, nor can they give me part numbers. Perhaps I should call unsolved mysteries or something lol.
Old 9/3/07, 12:36 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't know anything about the Pony Package wiring harness either. Since I had a v6 Mustang without the Pony Package installed, when I ordered my GT500 conversion front end I was sent the Street Scene wiring harness that had a little toggle switch that was installed on lighting instrument panel beside the dimmer switch. If you were given a true Ford wiring harness, I believe you should have a brand new head lamp control **** (same as the one's used in the GT) where you pull on the **** to activate or deactivate the fog lamps. If you were given a Street Scene wiring harness then you should have a small toggle switch that will need to be installed on your existing lighting instrument panel. I've seen some places on E-bay sell the Pony Package grille with the Street Scene wiring harness and others sell it with the OEM Ford wiring harness. I don't think they can be mixed and matched however, meaning Street Scene wiring harness with OEM Ford Head Lamp/Fog Lamp switch or Ford Wiring Harness with Street Scene toggle switch. At least this was what I was told because I wanted to run the OEM Ford Head Lamp/Fog Lamp switch.

This may not be all the info you were looking for but I hope it helps.
Old 9/3/07, 12:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

My Pony Package grill kit came with two relays, don't remember it saying much about them though, but there was two relay plugs on the harness.
Old 9/4/07, 11:02 AM

alright

Thanks man. That is just the answer I was looking for. Now I can have piece of mind and know that my car will not expolode or something since I have two relays. I was worried since they came from ebay. You know I'd hate to drive off a cliff at night if my headlights suddenly fail. My sister has an explorer that would do that. You would go around a turn and bam the lights would go out.
Old 11/19/07, 01:19 AM

Question about splicing in the wiring with a true pony kit

I purchased a true pony package kit and I am at the point of splicing into the wiring harness [step #12]. There is no yellow/white wire in my cars harness where they said to splice into. There is a white wire and there is a yellow with a green stripe, but no yeloow with white stripe.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2006 Mustang v6
Old 11/25/07, 12:36 AM

The wire is there. Check a little further up. I went through the firewall under the steering column and through the boot as per the instructions. No need to remove the wheel and inner fender well. Good LUCK!!!
Old 11/25/07, 04:24 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you have any pics or can scan the instructions post them. i have helped many with this and im back home now so if i can help i will try
Old 11/29/07, 11:55 PM

pony grill installation question

I am attaching two pictures of the wire harness where the instructions say to splice in the new pony grill wire harness wire and a link to the installation instructions from Ford. The instructions say to splice into a yellow/white wire but there is no yellow white wire in the harness. There is a white and a yellow/green wire.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/Pictures/...illInstall.pdf

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Rosario
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Mustang Pony Grill Fog Lights Install-img_2108_v2.jpg   2007 Mustang Pony Grill Fog Lights Install-img_2110_v2.jpg  
Old 12/2/07, 03:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

If that's the wire I think it is it's used to turn the fog lights off when you switch to high beams. I didn't hook mine up, I just taped the end and tucked it into the harness - now I can run my fog lights whenever I want. Come to think of it maybe the fact that the correct wire isn't specifically mentioned is why I didn't hook mine up. In any case, unless you just really want to hook it up I'd just tape the end and tuck it away.