Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

WHY DO WOMEN DO THAT?!

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/12, 11:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 668 Likes on 542 Posts
WHY DO WOMEN DO THAT?!

Oh, I know I'm gonna get smacked in the mouth for startin' this one, and I simply do not care. I... MUST... VENT!!!

Seriously, female humans. What is so hard about "There is Football. Football is all. Do not taunt Football, nor it's related activities, specifically hindering The Watching of Football."

Birthday parties, weddings, celebrations... Baby showers... births... all on a Football Day?! What is the matter with you!?!?

Even if the Texans weren't in the playoffs, it is STILL THE PLAYOFFS, which is Football Squared. It is a Given that Football Squared should Never Be Touched. But if it's a Team you Root for? Football Cubed. CUBED, I say. It is nigh on Sacred Holiness, Football Cubed is.

I will therefore NOT be attending a baby shower that's being given during the Texans playoff game. I will send a bunch of diapers to ya, sure, welcome your new spawning, but mistake this not:

You do NOT schedule an Event during Football, and expect a Man to go.

Any man who DOES go is not a Man. Or isn't into Football, or his Team, or is way too into pleasing his significant other, in which case, he is not a Man either, but simply a man in legal and dictionary definition only.

/Manly.
//Misogynistic? No, I completely understand, you want your little parties and stuff, but this is FRACKING FOOTBALL season. Wait until March. Weather's better anyway.
///Men, no hanky panky from June to November. This will avoid Football with births.
////Yeah, like THAT's happening...
Old 1/9/12, 11:52 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Agreed. I've been to one girlish gathering on a playoff Sunday where there was an extra room, big screen, food, and beer for the guys. At least it was a nice attempt to entice the guys to attending. Just a little consideration is all we ask for.
Old 1/9/12, 11:57 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Sounds to me like you have the wrong friends. All of my women friends are just as into football as our husbands/significant others and would NEVER schedule an event (unless it's a party to watch the game) during a game.....especially a playoff game!
Old 1/9/12, 01:22 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I never really got the guys being "invited to baby shower" bit anyway. That's always been more for the gals (except when I used to hang with a churchie group a couple of decades back).
Old 1/9/12, 02:30 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Sounds to me like you have the wrong friends. All of my women friends are just as into football as our husbands/significant others and would NEVER schedule an event (unless it's a party to watch the game) during a game.....especially a playoff game!
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I never really got the guys being "invited to baby shower" bit anyway. That's always been more for the gals (except when I used to hang with a churchie group a couple of decades back).
Old 1/9/12, 02:35 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Our baby shower the guys all came to my house, we grilled out, smoked cigars and enjoyed the brotherhood.
Old 1/9/12, 02:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best thing I've ever heard was two super bowls ago....

dad: "Julie, there's a documentary on the Queen sunday!! We're watching it!!"
Mom: "You're watching it alone!!! I'm watching the **** game!!!!"

hahahha
Old 1/9/12, 06:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 668 Likes on 542 Posts
Wallotext(tm) incoming...
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Agreed. I've been to one girlish gathering on a playoff Sunday where there was an extra room, big screen, food, and beer for the guys. At least it was a nice attempt to entice the guys to attending. Just a little consideration is all we ask for.
It was offered this time. But mostly, it's not.

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I wish. I really do. It'd fix things right nice. They're not.

Well, it's now the thing to invite even the single guy (me) to the **** thing, and if you don't show, well, you're (I'm) a jerk then. I think it's a "hey, that's another gift! Get him!" but maybe I'm jaded.

Originally Posted by Scothew
Our baby shower the guys all came to my house, we grilled out, smoked cigars and enjoyed the brotherhood.
Again, I wish. No, unless it's a guys only thing, this will never, EVER happen. Le sigh.

Originally Posted by Shelby08
best thing I've ever heard was two super bowls ago....

dad: "Julie, there's a documentary on the Queen sunday!! We're watching it!!"
Mom: "You're watching it alone!!! I'm watching the **** game!!!!"

hahahha
I wish my Mom were as cool as Julie's.

/Although, recently, she *has* been sittin' in on the game with us... maybe after (mumbles something not really heard well)+ years it's finally rubbin' of on her. One can hope!

Last edited by houtex; 1/9/12 at 06:39 PM.
Old 1/9/12, 06:48 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
My choice would be neither, I'd stay home and drink. But given the ultimatum of having to watch a football game, or go to a baby shower, I'd go to the baby shower. At least at the baby shower there might be some hot unattached tail to drool over. And most likely some cake, and I like cake. And tail. Football? Not not nearly as much, or at all really.
Old 1/9/12, 06:58 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
My choice would be neither, I'd stay home and drink. But given the ultimatum of having to watch a football game, or go to a baby shower, I'd go to the baby shower. At least at the baby shower there might be some hot unattached tail to drool over. And most likely some cake, and I like cake. And tail. Football? Not not nearly as much, or at all really.
Cake and tail. Sounds like a good time.
Old 1/9/12, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by lalayla

Cake and tail. Sounds like a good time.
TWSS. Literally.
Old 1/9/12, 07:09 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

TWSS. Literally.
I love cake.
Old 1/9/12, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by lalayla

I love cake.
I love tail.
Old 1/9/12, 07:13 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Put them together and have a cake-tail party. Ha......
Old 1/9/12, 07:26 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I think baby showers are stupid.

Buy your own **** you little gift piggies. Yay you got knocked up its a ****ing miracle. I'd hate to see your kids. Looking at the two of you you're gonna need to tie a tbone around his neck just to get the dog to play with him.

I've never been asked to a baby shower. Not even my own baby.
Old 1/9/12, 07:35 PM

Old 1/9/12, 07:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Buy your own **** you little gift piggies. Yay you got knocked up its a ****ing miracle. I'd hate to see your kids. Looking at the two of you you're gonna need to tie a tbone around his neck just to get the dog to play with him.

If you ever DO get invited PLEASE use this response to the inviter!!!!
Old 1/9/12, 07:39 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Shelby08

If you ever DO get invited PLEASE use this response to the inviter!!!!
I think I've never been invited because unlike houtex I am an *******. They know I won't go anyway. People just know never to **** with me when the Cowboys or Longhorns are playing.

Luckily my wife loves football as much as me. She'd be watching the game with me now if she wasn't helping kids with homework and cleaning the kitchen.

I also have a wife partially for this reason. She is my ambassador. I send her so I don't have to go. It's one of the perks for being married. For some reason I can't remember any other perks right now.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 1/9/12 at 07:42 PM.
Old 1/9/12, 07:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I just have to thank you! I will now use the phrase gift piggies!! Omg lol
Old 1/9/12, 07:58 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by thatgirlkristina

I just have to thank you! I will now use the phrase gift piggies!! Omg lol
You've got to make a little snorting sound after you say it though

Like this

Gift piggy *snort snort*

Quick Reply: WHY DO WOMEN DO THAT?!