Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

What a coward

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/10, 07:48 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What a coward

LeBron James (read LeBrick Lames) is a coward. By signing with Miami he is saying he can't build a team on his own like Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, etc.

And being an attention ***** and drawing out this whole process when Miami was his choice the whole time

We'll see what they got. The Lake Show is waiting.
Old 7/8/10, 07:54 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
LeBron James (read LeBrick Lames) is a coward. By signing with Miami he is saying he can't build a team on his own like Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, etc.

And being an attention ***** and drawing out this whole process when Miami was his choice the whole time

We'll see what they got. The Lake Show is waiting.

I think its a joke that he went through this whole production to abandon his hometown and rub it in on the people of Cleveland.
Old 7/8/10, 07:54 PM
Number Cruncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did they burn his Ohio house down yet?
If (big if) he wins a championship with Miami, it will always be tainted.
Old 7/8/10, 07:56 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I think its a joke that he went through this whole production to abandon his hometown and rub it in on the people of Cleveland.
That was super cruel

Originally Posted by Lennyb44
Agreed x 10000! it sure as heck would be tainted.

They are burning his jersey in cleveland
Old 7/8/10, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lennyb44
I'm not a Heat fan, but I wonder why you say if they win it'll be tainted?
Old 7/8/10, 08:10 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Motowncool
I'm not a Heat fan, but I wonder why you say if they win it'll be tainted?
He says so because this have never happened in the history of the league. The closest to this is Boston in '08 but thats not even close because Wade, Lebron, and Bosh are all in their prime. Whereas with Boston their big 3 was on its way down.

Plus it would be tainted for Lebron because it wouldn't be "his" team. Sure Magic, Kobe (post Shaq), Jordan, and Bird had supreme talent around them. But it was never in question their teams were lead by them
Old 7/8/10, 08:17 PM
Cobra Member

did anyone see the city reactions in miami? i LOL'd at the guy in the Cleveland jersey jumping around. i think this next season will most definately be interesting...ill have my eye on miami again. till then....NFL season baby!!
Old 7/8/10, 08:19 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What crap. People here are embarrassed and disappointed. If you're going to leave a city who has loved and supported you, then make a decision and f'n go. Don't be a little *****-*** attention ***** and drag out this free agency crap for weeks, holding your city, fans, and team hostage while your get courted... only to turn around and embarrass everyone on national television. Immature, selfish, pathetic.
Old 7/8/10, 08:23 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Old 7/8/10, 08:24 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Miami is not gonna win a championship anyway.
Yeah, they got Wade, Bosh and James, but the rest of the lineup is a joke.
Old 7/8/10, 08:56 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Red Star
Miami is not gonna win a championship anyway.
Yeah, they got Wade, Bosh and James, but the rest of the lineup is a joke.
I agree for now.

But in a year or 2 they should be serious contenders.
Old 7/8/10, 09:15 PM
Cobra Member

plain and simple this is a business and that is how he approached this situation. you all have no idea how you would react in a situation like this........Why wouldn't someone of his caliber put him in the best possible situation to win titles? He has everything else by the age of 25 BUT TITLES.

This coming from a non NBA fan except for watching during the championship games.
Old 7/8/10, 09:18 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
He can go where the heck he wants. It's a free country, but the theatrics of it all is just ridiculous.

I agree with the new nickname...DramaKing James.
Old 7/8/10, 09:40 PM
Cobra Member

He can go where the heck he wants. It's a free country, but the theatrics of it all is just ridiculous.

True I agree about all the drama and having a live show to broadcast his answer, way over the top and not needed.
Old 7/8/10, 10:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by todd03blown
True I agree about all the drama and having a live show to broadcast his answer, way over the top and not needed.
...i think to myself why couldnt this just be a press conference of some sort?
Old 7/8/10, 10:36 PM
MOTM Committee Member

plain and simple this is a business and that is how he approached this situation. you all have no idea how you would react in a situation like this........Why wouldn't someone of his caliber put him in the best possible situation to win titles? He has everything else by the age of 25 BUT TITLES. This coming from a non NBA fan except for watching during the championship games
See Below. Its not just a cop-out, for me its also they WAY he did it thats a digrace

EDIT: I kept messing up the quote lol

Last edited by stangfoeva; 7/8/10 at 11:49 PM.
Old 7/8/10, 11:06 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Have guys seen the open letter the Cavs owner just posted on the team website????!

Originally Posted by Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....
Old 7/8/10, 11:44 PM
Cobra Member

I saw that!! Going to be very interesting to see who comes out ahead on this little debacle!!
Old 7/9/10, 04:43 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
plain and simple this is a business and that is how he approached this situation. you all have no idea how you would react in a situation like this........Why wouldn't someone of his caliber put him in the best possible situation to win titles? He has everything else by the age of 25 BUT TITLES.

This coming from a non NBA fan except for watching during the championship games.
If he would've signed behind closed doors, like every other NBA star w/ a normally inflated ego, then it'd be no big deal. But no, Mr Mega-Ego decides to drag his team, city, and fans out on a national stage and spit in their face for all to see. Then there's the "it's not you, it's me" break-up line... puke.
Think of it like a divorce. If a wife files for divorce, it's a private matter and it's over. But she shouldn't show up at her husbands work posting flyers about a big announcement coming up, then get up at the company meeting and announce to his friends and co-workers that she's leaving him because he couldn't satisfy her and she thinks another man can do it better. This is how the people of the city of Cleveland feel.

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Have guys seen the open letter the Cavs owner just posted on the team website????!
Rumor is there's some kind of mega-trade in the works. Cool letter and it get's Gilbert some support, but the people of the city of Cleveland aren't dumb enough to believe it.
Old 7/9/10, 05:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
like us (maybe) we would hold out untill all offers were on the table. Then we would go where ever we thought was best for us and ours. Isn't that what he did. Smart guy..... Flame on LOL

Quick Reply: What a coward