The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f688/)
-   -   Welcome to the Lake Show... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f688/welcome-lake-show-514976/)

stangfoeva 11/16/12 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I don't appreciate you skipping over my comment. :p

Lol sorry Joe

stangfoeva 11/16/12 11:02 PM

Review for tonight's game to come soon. I just made myself some spaghetti and I gots to eat lol

11SHELBYGT500 11/16/12 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Review for tonight's game to come soon. I just made myself some spaghetti and I gots to eat lol

I'll wait.....................are you going to review all eighty-something games? Lol

stangfoeva 11/16/12 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

I'll wait.....................are you going to review all eighty-something games? Lol

Absolutely Joe! I'm gonna start a blog too. Just been too lazy and playing BO2 lol

The Lakers get the win tonight and finish 3-1 in the Bernie Bickerstaff era. The interim head coach will hand over the reigns to Coach D'Antoni for Sunday's contest. Bickerstaff is technically the Lakers winningest head coach in their history (75%). Bickerstaff chuckled about that fact in the post game press conference.

It was obvious from the start of the game that the Princeton is out and "fun & gun" is in. The Lakers tried to push the tempo and did so pretty comfortably considering they had only 3rd and 4th string pgs available. The Lakers put up 114 points but that might need to taken with a grain of salt considering PHX's defensive abilities.

Notables:

The Good:
-What can I say about the mamba? The guy is just solid. Another +30pt night for the league's leading scorer. Keep in mind he is currently playing the "pg" role. He will be even more deadly when he can go back to being just a scorer.
-Metta shot 7/14 tonight with 22 pts. He contributed heavily defensively as well. Great night for him
-Pau had a great 1st Q shooting 5/6 with 12 pts.
- Not great but solid plays from the pgs
- only 12 turnovers

The Bad:
- Porous defense for the first two and a half quarters
- Over passing at times
- Too much complaining to the refs

Overall a good win for a team in "transition". :nice:

stangfoeva 11/18/12 10:07 PM

The end to the Bernie Bickerstaff era was proclaimed a bit prematurely. Lakers fans certainly didn't mind as the Lakers notched another win. This time they defeated the Houston Rockets 119-108. Head Coach Mike D'Antoni watched from the locker room and received treatment from Laker trainer Gary Vitti. Again the team looked much more comfortable in D'Antoni's "fun & gun" offense. It's kind of bizarre, as typically teams accumulate more turnovers when they run a more uptempo offense, but the Laker did a good job limiting mistakes.

Steve Nash and Steve Blake were still sidelined with injuries. I know Lakers Nation can't wait to get Nash back, but the silver lining of their injuries has been the play of reserve guards Darius Morris and Chris Duhon. Especially Morris who is a young player that is starting to get "it". Because of his age his development is critical to the Lakers' future. Even better if he can contribute now.

Notables:

The Good:
- Dwight was dominant from the tip. Blocks, dunks, rebounds, and intimidation. He brought it all tonight.
- Darius Morris & MWP had solid contributions w/ 12 and 15 pts respectively
- The Mamba strikes again! Kobe messed around and got a triple double (22pts, 11reb, 11ast) in his "facilitator" role with Nash out. He's been a broken record on my Good Notables list this year.
- Ball movement. Not just moving the ball willy nilly, but EFFECTIVE ball movement that leads to easy baskets or trips to the foul line.

The bad:
- Transition defense was lacking at times, but overall the effort was there
- Garbage time unit gave up too many points :p

Overall, good solid game from the Lakers and a historic night for the Spanish Wonder Pau Gasol. He reached 15,000 points and became only the 10th foreign born player to accomplish it. Congrats Pau!

stangfoeva 11/18/12 10:19 PM

And I finally started the blog Joe :)

11SHELBYGT500 11/18/12 10:31 PM

Dedication

11SHELBYGT500 11/18/12 10:32 PM

Or nutcase

You guys decide :jester:p
Lol

stangfoeva 11/18/12 11:03 PM

Probably a little of both lol.

stangfoeva 11/20/12 06:06 PM

Updated the blog with Lakers Highlights and got the twitter feed working

stangfoeva 11/20/12 11:17 PM

Tonight the Lakers win a nail biter at home against the new-look Brooklyn Nets. The final score was 95-90 as the Lakers' poor free throw shooting made the game much closer than it should have been. The Lakers defense held the line in the 4th, and they were able to hold the Nets to just 17 points in the final quarter. It was their first game with Coach D'Antoni on the sidelines. It wasn't a pretty game at the end, but the fans can't help but be happy with the W.

We saw more of Kobe in the facilitator role for 3 quarters. However in the first quarter he was in attack mode shooting 100% on his first 5 shots. Look for Kobe to return to attack mode full time when Nash comes back. That's when this team will be even more scary.

The Lakers are 5-1 in their last 6 games. The Lakers also proved they can win in the Hack-a-Dwight scenario. An important confidence builder for this team.

Notables:

The Good:
-The offense continued to develop, and the Lakers did a better job limiting turnovers
- Defense was solid throughout the 4th
- Three headed monster of Dwight, Pau, and Kobe played well. Metta was also solid, especially defensively

The Bad:
- Free throw shooting was atrocious tonight, and it wasn't just Dwight.
The team shot 19/37. That won't get it done on most nights.
- The Lakers didn't do the best job of keeping the Nets off of the offensive glass. They weren't terrible but it wasn't a strength tonight.
- Poor bench production

Overall, this is a quality close-win against a much improved Brooklyn team. It should do wonders for the Lakers' confidence going forward.

stangfoeva 11/22/12 01:34 AM

Missed tonight's game. Will find a recap to post on the blog

Zastava_101 11/22/12 07:48 AM

39 free throws for the Lakers last night, but they still lost to Kings. :)

11SHELBYGT500 11/22/12 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Missed tonight's game.

:shame: lol

Originally Posted by Zastava_101
39 free throws for the Lakers last night, but they still lost to Kings. :)

Did they play on wood or ice? :jester:

Zastava_101 11/22/12 09:58 PM

I understand that teams are fouling Howard a lot, but can Lakers shoot any more free throws that they already are? So far they're averaging over 31 per game, including 46 and 39 in losses against Utah and Sacramento.

stangfoeva 11/22/12 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6496630)
:shame: lol

Did they play on wood or ice? :jester:

You and Gary never give me a break for missing a game lol

And how did I know Zoran would show up only when we lose? LOLOLOLOL predictable.

Zastava_101 11/22/12 11:33 PM

It ain't my fault that they're losing a lot. :)

stangfoeva 11/22/12 11:45 PM

We'll see what you're saying at the end of the year.

The team is improving and they're playing with 3rd and 4th string pg's.

If we're healthy I'm not afraid of anybody

Zastava_101 11/23/12 12:27 AM

What makes you think Lakers will ever be 100% healthy?

stangfoeva 11/23/12 12:29 AM

There's no gaurantees. But the same could be said for any team