The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f688/)
-   -   Welcome to the Lake Show... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f688/welcome-lake-show-514976/)

stangfoeva 1/23/13 11:01 AM

LOL ESPN. The TMZ of sports

Zastava_101 1/23/13 11:09 AM

It's funny how Howard is unhappy ... once again ... it's Orland Magic episode all over again.

stangfoeva 1/23/13 11:28 AM

I think he is unhappy because we're losing (as is every other person on the team). Doesn't have too much to do with touches in my opinion.

Which is my beef with ESPN. They write these girly high school drama type articles to get eyeballs, instead of focusing on the facts.

He got plenty of touches. His shot attempt stat was low because
a)He got stripped A LOT before he could even get a shot off
b)He got fouled A LOT while shooting (which is not recorded as a shot attempt)
c) He was in foul trouble

ESPN should at least watch the games

Zastava_101 1/23/13 11:49 AM

You know I'm not a fan of Howard and this is why. I understand that he's not happy because Lakers are not playing well, but every time the team gets in trouble there are talks about Howard trade.
For a guy that gets paid $20 million a year, I thought it was very unprofessional from him the way he handled things at Orlando last year.
And now, as soon as things got bad at LA - there are talks about his trade. I don't think ESPN is making stuff up, I'm sure they have sources to confirm everything they write ...

stangfoeva 1/23/13 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Zastava_101 (Post 6536993)
You know I'm not a fan of Howard and this is why. I understand that he's not happy because Lakers are not playing well, but every time the team gets in trouble there are talks about Howard trade.
For a guy that gets paid $20 million a year, I thought it was very unprofessional from him the way he handled things at Orlando last year.
And now, as soon as things got bad at LA - there are talks about his trade. I don't think ESPN is making stuff up, I'm sure they have sources to confirm everything they write ...

I don't have a problem with you not liking him for that. I'll just say that ESPN sometimes writes stuff with no sources at all just to get hits on their website. Heck, they may even be right in this case.

But there's no question they make up stuff and flat out lie at other times. How many times did we hear it was 100% certain he was going to Brooklyn over the last two years?

They are essentially the TGUK of sports LOL

So I'll believe it when I see a trade demand or he doesn't re-sign next year

Zastava_101 1/24/13 12:12 AM

Kobe, Howard at center of meeting

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...air-grievances

stangfoeva 1/24/13 12:48 AM

A Wednesday road game is almost impossible for me to catch. Check DancingBarry's review: DancingBarry's Thoughts and Smiley Ratings

The team fought hard in the first quarter, struggled in the second, and then Howard went down again with another shoulder injury.

It ain't pretty. And that's an understatement. Tough times for Laker Nation.

Lennyb44 1/24/13 07:07 PM

To quote Homer Simpson, "It just gets worse and worse..." :doh:

stangfoeva 1/24/13 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lennyb44 (Post 6538283)
To quote Homer Simpson, "It just gets worse and worse..." :doh:

:yup:

2k7gtcs 1/24/13 09:04 PM

I'm gonna change the title of this thread to "Welcome to the Lame Show!"

stangfoeva 1/24/13 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 6538389)
I'm gonna change the title of this thread to "Welcome to the Lame Show!"

You bastard!

stangfoeva 1/26/13 02:25 PM

Missed this one, but I had to watch the highlights! The Lakers beat the Jazz 102-84. Kobe messed around almost got a triple double (14 points, 14 assists, 9 rebounds). The rest of the team's scoring was well balanced, and most importantly they played great defense. Check DancingBarry's review:

DancingBarry's Thoughts and Smiley Ratings

Now the only question is can the Lakers continue this sort of play? If they can they would certainly make the playoffs and be the team the fans have dreamed of since the off-season.

They'll face the best team in the west on Sunday, giving them the perfect opportunity to show us what they're made of.

Lennyb44 1/27/13 04:42 PM

:woohoo:We beat the Thunder.

Even with Howard out with foul trouble for extended time.
Kobe had another 14 assist game.
And flirted with a triple double.
Coincidence??? :dunno: :jester:

stangfoeva 1/28/13 02:38 AM

Could this be? Do my eyes deceive me? Has this Lakers team found an identity?

Today they beat the Thunder 105-96. It was a must win, as are the rest of the games for the Lakers, because of the huge hole the Lakers have dug for themselves this year. The team showed up and showed us not only what they're made of, but what they're capable of doing. If they continue to play like this, there will be no problems contending for a title. They played hard, they played smart, and they played together. Like any competent basketball team should.

Coach D'Antoni has made some adjustments over the last few games that I think have been crucial. First of all, starting Clark and bringing Pau off the bench has several benefits. It adds athleticism and defensive versatility to the starting lineup. It adds a clear number one option off of the bench (Pau). It allows the Lakers to have a post threat in the game at all times. And lastly, it gives Pau more rest and more time in the post where he is most effective.

Everyone will point to Kobe's 14 assists in the last two games (each) and say he has become a more willing passer. The truth is he has always been a willing passer. Except he ain't passing it if you're not going to do anything with it. The biggest adjustment I saw the Lakers make today was to MOVE when Kobe gets doubled or tripled. Finally players were cutting and diving to the rim. Kobe is an intelligent enough ball player to find them, and he did. BOOM. 14 assists. It's simple. If they can continue to cut off ball, there is no guarding the Lakers. Anyone remember that '08 Lakers team when we first got Pau? If you don't go back and watch how Lamar Odom would dive off ball and receive dime after dime from the Mamba. Same thing.

Notables:

The Good:
- Solid defensive scheme and effort
- Great cutting off ball
- Great bench play
- Mental toughness

The Bad:
- Poor free throw shooting
- Foul trouble for Howard

Bottom line is, despite their record the Lakers still have a chance. They MUST continue to play like this. They really only have 1 critical weakness when they play to their potential. #GoLakeShow

stangfoeva 1/29/13 11:13 PM

If this is how the Lakers have resolved to play, well then pull those pants up and let's roll Lake Show! The Lakers won for the 3rd straight game 111-106 against the New Orleans Hor-- err the New Orleans Pelicans.

The great team ball movement/player movement continued as the Lakers got essentially whatever they wanted on offense all night. New Orleans struggled to guard the pick and roll. The Lakers picked them apart finding open shooters and cutters all night. The Lakers defense was also stifling. Dwight Howard ended the night with 5 steals. There were a few break downs here and there, but overall it was good until the middle of the fourth when the team collectively fell asleep.

Kobe had 11 assists. Nash shot 3/4 from 3 point land, including the clutch 3 to fend off the Pelican come back off the feed from Clark. Dwight had 24 points. The bench contributed heavily with great play from Jamison, Meeks, and Gasol. Blake played decently in his return. The player of the game though is the Duke of Earl with a stat line of 20 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 assists. This kid is ballin.

Notables:

The Good:
- Great team play througout
- Can't say enough about the player/ball movement
- Kobe's highest assist total through 3 games for his entire career
- It looks like the rotations and roles are settled
- Good job contesting shots on D

The Bad:
- Putrid free throw shooting
- Went too long in the fourth without going inside to Dwight. The team fell asleep defensively as well after going up 18 in the fourth (led to the lead being cut to 1).

It's nice to see the team continue to play the right way. Especially when they blew the 18 point lead. They didn't panic and go back to how they were playing before. It was a great sign. Now just continue it.

Zastava_101 1/30/13 10:50 AM

It took Kobe 16 years to realize that there is something called "the assist" in the game of basketball. :jester:

stangfoeva 1/30/13 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Zastava_101 (Post 6542291)
It took Kobe 16 years to realize that there is something called "the assist" in the game of basketball. :jester:

I know how did he ever win all those Championships without passing? It's a mystery to me how he lead the team in assists all those years. Must have been Magic

:sarcasm:

Zastava_101 1/30/13 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva (Post 6542295)
I know how did he ever win all those Championships without passing?

Phil Jackson worked his magic on. :nice:

stangfoeva 1/30/13 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Zastava_101 (Post 6542301)
Phil Jackson worked his magic on. :nice:

LOL! You know it, and I know it that Kobe is a bad man who just wants to win. Need to score 50? He'll do that. Need to drop 14 dimes? He'll do that.

The fact is Nash was brought in to do what he's now doing. Only Nash either from the broken leg or from age can't do it alone anymore, so Kobe is doing his part. And credit the rest of the Lakers' players for actually moving and cutting off ball.

It's a thing of beauty.

stangfoeva 1/31/13 10:52 AM

Missed free throws, turnovers, and another Dwight injury is the strory in this one. The Lakers dropped another game, falling this time 86-92 at the hands of the Suns. Check DancingBarry's review:

DancingBarry's Thoughts and Smiley Ratings

The Lakers blew a 13 point 4th quarter lead. Dwight Howard left the game with a re-aggravated shoulder injury with about 7 minutes to play and the Lakers up by 5. He'll be re-evaluated this morning.

Kobe Bryant posted this comment on his Twitter and Facebook after the game: "We r on track. Gave one away tonight, let it slip away from us but I like how we are playing as a team. It will all come together this way". He had 9 asssists in the game.

Even with better play as of late there will be bumps in the road like this. The Lakers just don't have much margin for error at this point.