Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

Sabres News - Blue/Gold + New Logo

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/06, 08:20 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sabres News - Blue/Gold + New Logo

A guy i know mentioned this to me yesterday night at the bar, and I thought...wtf....

Yes, it looks like they are officially going back to the Blue/Gold colour scheme (which I think is awsome)
But it looks to be more of a Blue/Gold than a Blue/Yellow

Also noted..the new logo or logos
Fans are up in arms...

Below is the pic of the new logo on a MOCK UP jersey...
Old 7/23/06, 10:29 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pete... that's still to "modern" for my taste... reminds me of the Nashville predators

I personally would like it if they brought back the color scheme from the 80's back, and put a more modern logo on it.
Old 7/23/06, 01:52 PM
I Have No Life

Steve, that was the rumour...

Some guys said " you haven't seen the final yet"

Check this pic out, and see what I mean.

They DID trademark the logo above on the mockup (the centerlogo)
and it's unsure if its for A) the shoulder patch, B) the main logo or C) the 3rd jersey, which by NHL rules has to come 2 years after the new jersey change.

I'm guessing the current red/black third jersey will become the new jersey (as the logo is a throwback, only missing the buffalo in above the swords)
and hopefully the 'slug' logo above will become the shoulder blade logo.

Should be interesting
Old 7/23/06, 03:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think itd be cool if they went back to the old early 90s blue and yellow.

And im with steve, the new one looks way too much like the preds.
Old 7/28/06, 07:22 PM
I Have No Life

Update:

- The log seen is an early version
- The new jerseys will be unveiled in Sept and be used for the season
- Sounds like the 3rd jersey will be the current 3rd jersey with updated colours (throwback to the old away jersey)
- The new jersey will have something different than any other team (some people are speculating either Sabres or died in logos on the sides...or possibly numbers on the front somewhere...
- There is going to be changes within the next couple years in the NHL regarding equipment, and this change will reflect this in other teams.
Old 10/14/06, 02:09 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
The original blue and gold uniforms are going to be the new 3rd jerseys..As for the new one's ?? I especially don't care for the new logo ?? it's like one of the TSN announcers said, it looks like more like a Muskrat than a Buffalo lol..I also don't care for the dark blue either ? to me it looks more like a violet blue..In my opinion ?? they should have just went with the original blue and gold color scheme and kept the Buffalo logo unchanged from last season...
Old 10/23/06, 02:02 PM
I Have No Life

It's growing on me.

Technically..the 3rd jersey they are wearing (the old) is not THE third jersey. It is part of the 'retro sweater' program.
It can be warn during 15 games during the season.

A team with new jerseys cannot create a 3rd jersey (Alternate) until 3 years (I believe) and cannot redesign for 5.
However they can go backwards (hence why the Islanders were able to go back to the original logo because of Capt. Highliner)

The reason why they did the retro this year is to appease the fans who hate the slug
Old 10/26/06, 04:38 PM

In that case, if they can go backwards ?? then why not just consider the retro sweaters as their 3rd jersey ?? or would they have to ditch the new jersey altogether first ? and I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question but what did you mean by the fans hating the slug ?? I honestly don't understand what you meant by that..
Old 10/26/06, 07:07 PM
I Have No Life

The new logo is refered to as the 'slug' or 'Buffaslug' as its a head with no legs...looking...basically like a slug and a buffalo had a kid.

I'm not sure about the 'going backwards' is the year prior (in which case would be the Black/Red... or they can go farther back. Like in the islanders place, they weren't changing their colours...so the transision was easy. If buffalo did it, would they have to go back to the black/red?
And as a side note, the merch is flying off the shelves. So for all the people saying they hate it, i'm sure there are way more that love it!

The '3rd jersey' this year is allowed because its a retro jersey and not a new design... unsure in the rules if they can keep using it as a 3rd jersey every year, or its a once in a while thing
(all these rules are making my head spin)
Old 10/26/06, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer
The new logo is refered to as the 'slug' or 'Buffaslug' as its a head with no legs...looking...basically like a slug and a buffalo had a kid.

I'm not sure about the 'going backwards' is the year prior (in which case would be the Black/Red... or they can go farther back. Like in the islanders place, they weren't changing their colours...so the transision was easy. If buffalo did it, would they have to go back to the black/red?
And as a side note, the merch is flying off the shelves. So for all the people saying they hate it, i'm sure there are way more that love it!

The '3rd jersey' this year is allowed because its a retro jersey and not a new design... unsure in the rules if they can keep using it as a 3rd jersey every year, or its a once in a while thing
(all these rules are making my head spin)
It finally registered after I signed out about the new logo and you're right, it really does look like a slug lol..anyway what I meant about going backwards ? was all the way back to the original or current retro jersey..I was never really fond of the red and black color scheme although eventually the logo did grow on me until they now decide to reward us loyal fans with this hamster looking slug that as you said looks more like a buffalo with no legs lol. So I just hope the rules allow them to keep the retro jersey well beyond this season and not just a once in a while thing, because to be perfectly honest with you ? I really don't believe the slug is ever going to grow on me..It's just too hideous to look at, let alone accept lol..
Old 10/26/06, 08:57 PM
I Have No Life

If they decide to keep it (likely..especially if the merch sells well)
expect to see a REAL third jersey that will be more of an updated retro one.... to appease both fans

And then maybe they'll wear the 3rd jersey more often
Old 10/26/06, 08:58 PM
I Have No Life

oh...and 10-0
Old 10/27/06, 05:08 PM

Yes indeed !!! were still un-defeated at now 10-0 tied with the leafs for the longest win streak to begin a season ??.. LET'S GO BUFFALO