Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

Romo does it again... The official romo hate thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/13, 06:06 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Romo does it again... The official romo hate thread

Sorry guys... But I'm just venting. I can't take it anymore. Die hard Boyz fan here, but I've been silent about this romo thing long enough. That contract extension really did me over. And today's loss once again showed me, that When it comes down to the WIRE, no one, I repeat, NO ONE in the HISTORY of the NFL chokes worse than romo. In the last few minutes/seconds of any game, whether it be to tie or take the lead or simply keep the lead, romo ALWAYS finds a way to throw a pick or fumble. Never fails.

At this point, I'm almost tempted to take Tebow over him. At least tebow will suck from the get go, throughout the game. This way, cowboy fans all over the world don't have to endure countless heart break losses over and over and over again.

Once again, I state it clearly, I hate romo.

Last edited by FromZto5; 10/6/13 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10/6/13, 06:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
He makes it hard to watch that's for sure.
Old 10/6/13, 06:58 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Well I kinda like him right where he's at! Heh. BTW the interception was a darn good catch you have to admit!
Old 10/6/13, 07:07 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I called it. I told the people I was watching with that he was gonna throw a pick on the last drive.
Old 10/6/13, 07:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, to give another look at it. I am a die hard redskins fan and without a doubt you are right. Worst and most reliable chocker ever. During today's game I was at work and obviously care to see how the fellow eastern conference teams do, let alone the rival. So my brother was texting me updates the entire time and towards the end my brother texts me "it's a close game but romo should choke soon" 5 minutes later I get "I wish you saw how this game ended, it was just perfect"
Old 10/6/13, 07:21 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To be fair, yea Travathan made a great play. Could Romo have made a little better of a throw, sure but the pocket collapsed on him. Cowboys had no defense and the running game was non-existent. If it wasn't for Romo, the cowboys wouldn't of even been in that game. And that's how most all the cowboys games go. With that much weight on his shoulders, he's gonna make a mistake.
Old 10/6/13, 07:46 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I called it. I told the people I was watching with that he was gonna throw a pick on the last drive.
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Well, to give another look at it. I am a die hard redskins fan and without a doubt you are right. Worst and most reliable chocker ever. During today's game I was at work and obviously care to see how the fellow eastern conference teams do, let alone the rival. So my brother was texting me updates the entire time and towards the end my brother texts me "it's a close game but romo should choke soon" 5 minutes later I get "I wish you saw how this game ended, it was just perfect"
Yep... Good ole reliable. I'm a die hard Boyz fan, but I was with all the Boyz haters tonight. I not only picked the broncos to win, but at that last drive I just knew, I called it, I even texted my buddies that no worries, romo will throw a pick 6 here soon. I was 90% right lol. Romo, the most reliable choker ever.
Originally Posted by 1999Pony
To be fair, yea Travathan made a great play. Could Romo have made a little better of a throw, sure but the pocket collapsed on him. Cowboys had no defense and the running game was non-existent. If it wasn't for Romo, the cowboys wouldn't of even been in that game. And that's how most all the cowboys games go. With that much weight on his shoulders, he's gonna make a mistake.
That's always his MO. Do enough to make it close in the end, only to lose it on his shoulders. Come to think of it, can any of you recall the last game romo got it close and actually WON it in the end???? I really don't recall. Was there ever? I could name you a handful of games where he did choke however. Lol
Old 10/6/13, 08:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Yep... Good ole reliable. I'm a die hard Boyz fan, but I was with all the Boyz haters tonight. I not only picked the broncos to win, but at that last drive I just knew, I called it, I even texted my buddies that no worries, romo will throw a pick 6 here soon. I was 90% right lol. Romo, the most reliable choker ever. That's always his MO. Do enough to make it close in the end, only to lose it on his shoulders. Come to think of it, can any of you recall the last game romo got it close and actually WON it in the end???? I really don't recall. Was there ever? I could name you a handful of games where he did choke however. Lol
That's my point. If he had help, those mistakes wouldn't matter. If you have no running game, the opposing defense knows your gonna throw the ball and that's what they play.its hard to be perfect if everybody know exactly what your gonna do. When your running back only rushes for 40 yards the defense isn't going to be fooled. And that's been the story the past few years.
Old 10/6/13, 08:53 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I'll definitely give him credit for even getting them there. Hell, he had an honest chance at the single game passing record. He just can't ever seem to get it done in the end.
Old 10/6/13, 10:32 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I'll definitely give him credit for even getting them there. Hell, he had an honest chance at the single game passing record. He just can't ever seem to get it done in the end.
This...

It's like a broken record.
Old 10/6/13, 11:22 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If the o-line could actually keep Romo protected or make decent holes for running plays then the team would be a whole new face. Plus with 48 points, your defense is the group that should win the game. Stopping plays nd bringing negative yardage for the opposing team.
Yes Romo chokes but its not like a slack o-line and a halfway defense make it any easier for em.
Btw i was born and raised a cowboy fan but i sure do wish theyd get their heads out of their asses and win a **** game decidedly.
Old 10/6/13, 11:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You're always taught that one guy can't take all the blame. You know, it takes the whole team to lose, but Romo seems to make the case against that a lot. You keep thinking that a little luck will go their way, but Romo is getting older and the window is closing rather than opening.
Old 10/7/13, 01:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 1999Pony
That's my point. If he had help, those mistakes wouldn't matter. If you have no running game, the opposing defense knows your gonna throw the ball and that's what they play.its hard to be perfect if everybody know exactly what your gonna do. When your running back only rushes for 40 yards the defense isn't going to be fooled. And that's been the story the past few years.

That never stopped John Elway during the first 3/4 of his career. The Broncos had no running game at all. They had a poor defense and no offense outside of Elway himself most of the time. Hell, he finished his 15 year career with 3,407 RUSHING yards. (In 10 years Romo only has just over 500 rushing yards) But Elway still carried the Broncos to 4 Superbowls.

But then again Elway was a great quarterback. Romo is not. Not even close.

Last edited by Moustang; 10/7/13 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10/7/13, 01:54 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Was a great game though.
Old 10/7/13, 04:20 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Was a great game though.
Yup. And 48pts should equal a win. I can't stand Romo but it wasn't his fault. Your defense lost that one. A shooting match is all about managing that clock. It was a great game by at least both offenses.
Old 10/7/13, 05:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony crap his pants romo

Go pats!
Old 10/7/13, 05:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Sorry, but this loss isn't on him. He'd have to have been perfect for the cowboys to win yesterday; no QB should ever have to be perfect to win a game, because no QB ever will be perfect in any game. He outplayed manning easily yesterday; those of you blaming him for yesterday need to wake up. I'm no Cowboy fan, but the hate thrown at him for being a top-ten QB on a mediocre--at best--football team is hilarious and so enjoyable.
Old 10/7/13, 06:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
...He outplayed manning easily yesterday...
Huh?
Old 10/7/13, 06:48 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Moving to the Sports section, but will leave a link for a few hours . .
Old 10/7/13, 06:48 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Sorry, but this loss isn't on him. He'd have to have been perfect for the cowboys to win yesterday; no QB should ever have to be perfect to win a game, because no QB ever will be perfect in any game. He outplayed manning easily yesterday; those of you blaming him for yesterday need to wake up. I'm no Cowboy fan, but the hate thrown at him for being a top-ten QB on a mediocre--at best--football team is hilarious and so enjoyable.
I'm enjoying hating on him too. Year after year after year... The choking gets old. Very old.

Quick Reply: Romo does it again... The official romo hate thread