Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

Never thought I'd say this...

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/16, 12:17 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Never thought I'd say this...

Thank god auburn won tonight. Now, FINALLY, les ****ing miles has had that golden horseshoe, that albino rabbit's foot, that 73-leaf clover pulled out of his *** and taken away from him. No way that tiny-hatted, no-coaching monkey-****-****ing pinhead keeps his job after the **** show he put on the field this year. No ****ing way.

Finally.
Old 9/25/16, 03:59 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
It comes down to who is gonna replace him though. Most people here can't wait to see him gone but who they gonna get? He might be here a while longer just because of a suitable replacement.
Old 9/25/16, 07:19 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
The hottest commodity right now is the Houston coach Tom Herman.

I figured the Longhorns would suck worse than they have this year and make him and offer he couldn't refuse.
Old 9/25/16, 04:40 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
LSU fired Les . . . that was fast!
Old 9/26/16, 02:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
It comes down to who is gonna replace him though. Most people here can't wait to see him gone but who they gonna get? He might be here a while longer just because of a suitable replacement.
Honestly, 75% of the head coaches in college football would be an improvement in terms of actual coaching. When your opponent plays a single high safety on defense against a multiple-wr formation, they're dating--DARING--you to throw the ball. Every single time Wisconsin ran a single high safety in coverage, miles ran the ball into a nine-man front. Every time. Didn't matter that LSU had two WR's on the field wide, so far out of the called run that they couldn't help block, miles ran the ball inside. ****ing clown wouldn't know coaching if it knocked that stupid ****ing hat off his head.

Herman will be the one everyone thinks LSU will go after. Fisher at FSU will get some chatter as well and Petrino may also. I think they want Herman and I want Herman. Don't know if they're smart enough to do whatever it takes to get him though.
Old 9/26/16, 08:11 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Yet Miles is the winningest coach in win totals and win % at LSU all time!
Old 9/26/16, 08:18 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Never thought I'd say this...-photo529.jpg

Louisiana is a state that is rich in high school football recruits. They only have 1 power 5 conference school in the state. Neighboring states except Arkansas have at least two or more. If you want to stay in Louisiana and play for a national championship contender that's where you play. And I believe his early wins were a result of the recruits that Nick Saban originally got. He was able to use those recruits and play those chips to get more chips year after year.

So there's a lot of factors but when he went to LSU after Okie State I was shocked. He did win more than I ever thought he would but it's a huge program and I think we won despite his shortcomings.

I think of any of the program's I watch and follow as a fan hired Les Miles or that scum bag Bobby Petrino I'd be done with that program.
Old 9/27/16, 07:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Yet Miles is the winningest coach in win totals and win % at LSU all time!
Have you taken a look at where those wins have come from? Have you seen his teams play in the last five years? Have you watched his playcalling?

LSU's Tiger Stadium is literally world-famous for its atmosphere and environment on Saturday nights in the Fall. I've spoken to foreign military personnel overseas before and when they learn I was based primarily in New Orleans, and then find out I'm a college football fan, I'm asked about what it's like to be in Death Valley on Saturday nights. In the last few years, that environment has utterly died, because the fans leave at halftime. Watching his product on the field is literally *painful* to do. He had last year what was unquestionably the best running back in the country, and managed an offense with him that was in the bottom fifth of offensive production. miles-coached football games are not fun. That's the simplest way to put it. They're not fun to watch. Everyone else loves the guy, but that's because they can afford to. LSU fans have to sit through his butchery of the English language at press conferences and his utter refusal to acknowledge the efficacy of the forward pass in a modern offense. He relies entirely on his defenses (which he hasn't been allowed to touch since '08) to win games. It's utterly frustrating and excruciating.

Take a closer look at his record over the last five years, especially his conference record, and consider that LSU has as much or more talent on their sideline (proven by the fact that LSU has more players in the NFL than any other university in the country--yes, more than alabama, more than ohio state, etc.) as anyone else they play. He isn't a coach, he's a recruiter that everyone loves to laugh at. Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you in the ***.