My 2010 NFL Playoff predictions. Enjoy!

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/09, 06:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2010 NFL Playoff predictions. Enjoy!

NFC

Wildcard Round:

Falcons/Giants: Giants win by >= 20 pts.
Eagles/Cowboys: Eagles win by 3 - 7 pts.

Divsional Round:

Saints/Giants: Saints win by 3 - 7 pts in OT.
Vikings/Eagles: Eagles upset by 3 pts.

Championship Round:

Saints/Eagles: Saints win by >= 20 pts.

AFC

Wildcard Round:

Patriots/Broncos: Patriots win by >= 20 pts.
Ravens/Texans: Ravens win by 3 in OT.

Divisional Round:

Colts/Patriots: Colts in by 10.
Steelers/Ravens: Steelers win by >= 20.

Championship Round:

Colts/Steelers: Colts win by 7.

Superbowl!!

Saints/Colts: Saints win by 3 in OT.

Granted, these predictions are base on the current standings, and my opinions on how each team will do with the rest of the season. Also, being a huge Saints fan, of course I want them to win it all, but if they don't make it, I want to Colts to win it.

Last edited by DrunkenDragon713; 11/3/09 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11/3/09, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Superbowl

Saints/Colts: Colts win 42/35.
Old 11/3/09, 06:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just don't see the Colts beating the Saints this year. The way the Saints Defense has been playing and forcing turnovers in every game, I just don't see it. The times when the Saints turned the ball over has been more mistakes than anything else, I see them tightening the screws a lot more in the postseason. And as much as I like Payson Manning, I rather see him get put on his bottom at least 4 times throughout the game.

Plus, the Saints will want to avenge their loss to the Colts in the first game of the 2007 season.
Old 11/3/09, 07:12 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I see you live in Louisiana.

Anything is possible, and the Saints are good, no doubt. But I don't see them winning on a neutral field like the Super Bowl in Miami. Plus to be honest if it's the Colts or the Steelers, or the Patriots as an opponent, those teams will have the edge in experience. I think the Saints have a great home field advantage right now in the dome, We are almost at the half way point and they seem like the horse to beat, but the same could have been said for my Cowboys a couple of years ago and they folded in their first playoff game. The Patriots have a dominant team for 18 games and then lose in the Super Bowl.

I've watched Saints games. Somewhere out there is a coach that can game plan the Sean Peyton offense and the Greg Williams defense. It's not like they've reinvented the wheel down there. And Brees can be frustrated if you get in his throwing lanes and knock him down a few times. Just like Brady and Manning, these guys just don't like getting knocked down. They get jumpy and start missing their timing throws. Patting the ball and shuffling the feet.
Old 11/3/09, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Without talking about Manning, let me say that the Colts have the #1 Defense in the NFL. The Colts have leap-frogged the Broncos as the #1 scoring defense, allowing a spectacular 13 ppg. Last year the Colts allowed a NFL record low for passing touchdowns.
Old 11/3/09, 09:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Remember this though, the Saints are #1 in Interceptions and #1 in total Offense (meaning #1 in total yards and points per game). They seem to have the most diverse Offense in the NFL right now with an assortment of receivers and 2 pretty good backs.

Also, the Saints beat the Bills, Eagles, and Dolphins away with a total combined score of 121-63.

But, only time will tell if they keep up the streak. They still have a few tough games ahead. Although I don't see them losing any game at home this year, I'm thinking they'll finish out the season at 13-3. With a loss to Atlanta and Washington on the road, and another to Carolina at the end of the season.