Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Will non-SVT dealers sell the GT500?

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/05, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many threads on this forum seem to go both ways on this issue, and I was curious if someone is really "in the know" or if it is just a rumor. I was at the NYC Autoshow on Saturday, and the person on the rotating platform discussing the GT500 told me that only SVT dealers will carry it. So, is there any word beyond this, or is it mere speculation at this point? The reason I ask is that my uncle is a salesman at a Ford dealership (where I purchased my 2005), but the dealer is not an SVT dealer. Thanks, Eric
Old 3/28/05, 06:51 PM
Banned

They are only making 7500 of them, so I'd say no.
Old 3/28/05, 06:57 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Only SVT delearships will sell them
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/nyia...helby/index.htm
Old 3/29/05, 05:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my salesman told me that they were a svt focus dealer and since the focus is no longer made then ford has told the dealers that anyone would be able to sell the shelby 500.
Old 3/29/05, 06:33 PM
Cobra Member

Ford is considering doing away with SVT franchises and making SVT's available to all dealers...time will tell.
Old 3/29/05, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by PACETTR@March 29, 2005, 7:36 PM
Ford is considering doing away with SVT franchises and making SVT's available to all dealers...time will tell.
I wish they would either get rid of the exclusive dealers or add more SVT dealers. Having the choice to buy and support 1 car dealership within 200 miles is terrible for some people. In some cases it is probably the worst dealer in your area.

Not only does it affect your choice of buying local or not, but one dealership without any competition in the area can price "special" cars at whatever they want. Don't like it? They say buy it in another state and have it serviced there too. I wouldn't trust an out of state purchase at my local dealerships here. I've had family work at enough of them to know better.
Old 3/29/05, 08:17 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by elvism@March 29, 2005, 4:21 PM
my salesman told me that they were a svt focus dealer and since the focus is no longer made then ford has told the dealers that anyone would be able to sell the shelby 500.
Old 3/30/05, 06:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BlackRiderX+March 29, 2005, 9:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackRiderX @ March 29, 2005, 9:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-PACETTR@March 29, 2005, 7:36 PM
I wish they would either get rid of the exclusive dealers or add more SVT dealers. Having the choice to buy and support 1 car dealership within 200 miles is terrible for some people. In some cases it is probably the worst dealer in your area.

Not only does it affect your choice of buying local or not, but one dealership without any competition in the area can price "special" cars at whatever they want. Don't like it? They say buy it in another state and have it serviced there too. I wouldn't trust an out of state purchase at my local dealerships here. I've had family work at enough of them to know better.
[/b][/quote]

I'm not sure if it's Ford or the dealer's say so on becoming an SVT dealer. But like you said, IN SOME CASES, crooks --er dealers charge whatever thery want. This is not the case where I'm purchasing my car. They are primarily a truck dealership but they are an authorized SVT and Saleen dealership as well. They are selling me the car that I want, not one of the cars that they have, @ MSRP, 10% down to order. Plus they are some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet. So I really can't give you a reason as to why some people have no conscience.

But to answer your question, only authorized SVT dealerships will sell the Shelby Cobra GT500. http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/show...elby/index.htm
Old 3/30/05, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by slavehand+March 30, 2005, 7:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slavehand @ March 30, 2005, 7:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by BlackRiderX@March 29, 2005, 9:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-PACETTR
@March 29, 2005, 7:36 PM

But to answer your question, only authorized SVT dealerships will sell the Shelby Cobra GT500. http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/show...elby/index.htm
[/b][/quote]

IF there are still SVT franchise dealers...this info is NOT final... :bang:
Old 3/30/05, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by PACETTR@March 30, 2005, 9:44 AM
IF there are still SVT franchise dealers...this info is NOT final... :bang:
Why do you say this? Why would Ford abandon it's "authorized SVT dealer" principal especially w/ the release of the Shelby Cobra GT500 by SVT and the upcoming Sport-Trac "Adrenaline" by SVT. If anything, if I were a dealer, this incentive would make me want to become an authorized dealer. But as of right now, straight from the horses mouth, http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/nyia...helby/index.htm
Old 3/30/05, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Whachu talkin bout??????????? I have gotten on the "waiting list" in a few dealerships in Atlanta and they say they will be able to get these cars. SVT dealerships exclusitivity should be a non-factor :notnice: And whats the dealio with "7500 only"? It is hard enough to get a regular GT around here and they are pumping out about 60000/year. If 7500 is in fact true and you HAVE to go thru a SVT dealer only then I don't have a shot at this car. :notnice: Only way I stay in the game is if the car gets distributed thru regular dealers and they "make as many as the people want" that would make sense but when did Ford ever make sense??
Old 3/30/05, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

I also wish they would make more than 7500 of them. I can just imagine what the mark up will be on these things.
Old 3/30/05, 10:49 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
SVT Marketing & Sales Manager George Ayres is the one who told me that only SVT branded dealerships will sell the Shelby.
Old 3/30/05, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jwenger@March 30, 2005, 12:29 PM
Whachu talkin bout??????????? I have gotten on the "waiting list" in a few dealerships in Atlanta and they say they will be able to get these cars. SVT dealerships exclusitivity should be a non-factor :notnice: And whats the dealio with "7500 only"? It is hard enough to get a regular GT around here and they are pumping out about 60000/year. If 7500 is in fact true and you HAVE to go thru a SVT dealer only then I don't have a shot at this car. :notnice: Only way I stay in the game is if the car gets distributed thru regular dealers and they "make as many as the people want" that would make sense but when did Ford ever make sense??
Not gonna happen, sorry.

"Around 7500/year for about 2-3 years." This was quoted here: http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/show...elby/index.htm
And, since I don't see SVT dealerships becoming "null and void", that's where they are ONLY going to be available. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, that just the reality I believe we're facing.
Old 3/31/05, 01:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I have found out something by checking around that I haven't seen on any of these sites. I found there are only 500 SVT dealers in the US. The cars will be sold thru them. 7500/500 = 15 cars each. That ain't gonna happen!! :notnice: They will be alotted these cars based on their sales volume. The particular guys I talked with are supposed to get 6 cars only. I asked about color choices and was told you get what you get. Then they said they are only making about 100 cars total of a certain color. This would make me think they should have about 7 various color combos. Bottom line is my chance of getting one is non-existant. Too many limitations. I guess I may get the 06 GT and be happy with it.
Old 3/31/05, 01:48 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
There are 1300 SVT dealers.
Old 3/31/05, 09:18 PM

Originally posted by TheMustangSource@March 31, 2005, 2:51 PM
There are 1300 SVT dealers.
I talked to some guys at SVT in person and they are still trying to figure out how this will play out. The dealer franchise "SVT agreement" was for 2 years and that is up. Origionally dealerships were offered the chance to be an SVT franchise or not but it is contractual and costs money to be one. Some dealers choose not to do so. It has nothing to do with Ford except that the dealership must meet certain customer satisfaction scores. 2 years ago SVT had too many Focus' for the current SVT dealers so they opened up enrollment for dealers that wanted to sell just them not Cobra's or Lightning's.

My guess is that there will be a new enrollment process for the dealers that want to sell SVT products and they will be the lucky 1000 or so to sell them.

It is only fair to them "us" because we have been the dealerships who have supported them and gave them the money to develope these exciting products.

Add to that we are the ones' holding the bag with the "Power Lease " customers that leased 03/04 Cobras with the guarantee they would have first shot at the next generation Cobra.

We started a list for people that want one and willing to give deposits but we wont take one untill SVT knows how this will play out. It has been a week and 1/2 and we already have 11 names on the list not including the people that did a " Power Lease"