Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Special Edition Mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/05, 09:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The other day I was fueling up my stang and I saw a black Mustang GT conv. parked out by itself. So me being a Mustang person I just had to go look at it. It was for sale and it said it was a Mustang GT conv. 3X. I wondered what in the world is that and it said that it was one of three in the world that had a black top, black interior, and a black exterior. Is that true?

Second question, I was at a cruise night tonight that we have locally the first Thursday of every month and a white '05 Mustang GT caught my eye. So I went to look at it and it had a CDC chin spoiler, CDC ducktail, CDC shaker system, rear blackout panel, aftermarket exhaust(not sure what kind), and 20" Foose Nitrous wheels (they said Regency in Red on the center cap though and Foose real small under that). This car was awesome!!! The weird thing was that it said Regency across the windshield and on the center cap on the wheels. I know Regency makes conversions for GMC and the Ford Trucks and SUV's, but I didn't know they made Regency Mustangs. Anyways, it had a Hot Rod Power Tour sticker on it and I was wondering if anyone has heard or seen one of these? I didn't know if that was some special car they had go on the Power Tour or what.
Old 8/4/05, 09:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

There are definitely many more than 3 GT "triple black" convertibles - I'm sure there are more than 3 people on this site that have that combo.

It sounds like the white GT you saw is just a custom one-off done by a local shop - definitely not a "Ford-sponsored" special-edition production model.
Old 8/4/05, 10:58 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

there are a lot of dealerships scamming people with these "special editions" that are limited, here in San Diego they have the SDS only 200 built and you pay and extra 3000 for gay silver vinyl stripes and a plastic badge that says SDS on the fender and they are all V6s, it is happening everywhere, I dont get it its not like they are having trouble selling these cars.
Old 8/6/05, 11:08 AM
V6 Member

Actually, the S.D.S. package is only $995.00. The S.D.S. stands for "San Diego Special". Ford selected San Diego due to the large volume of Mustangs sold annually. *S.D.S. package includes: Interior Upgrade Package ('my color',info.message center w/6 guage cluster),aluminum door plates & on dash, and badge on center dash stating what # production of 200 made. *Exterior includes: GTspoiler (wing),center dual stripe,chrome exhaust tip, & side panel badges "SDS". SDS comes in True Blue, Redfire, & Black...all come w/silver stripe. It's having a very warm welcome here in Pacific Beach,CA. (I've already sold 5 in 2 weeks). Anyone interested??? Let me know! Teri Temeyosa at Mossy Ford in San Diego.
Old 8/6/05, 11:11 AM
V6 Member

Actually, the S.D.S. package is only $995.00. The S.D.S. stands for "San Diego Special". Ford selected San Diego due to the large volume of Mustangs sold annually. *S.D.S. package includes: Interior Upgrade Package ('my color',info.message center w/6 guage cluster),aluminum door plates & on dash, and badge on center dash stating what # production of 200 made. *Exterior includes: GTspoiler (wing),center dual stripe,chrome exhaust tip, & side panel badges "SDS". SDS comes in True Blue, Redfire, & Black...all come w/silver stripe. It's having a very warm welcome here in Pacific Beach,CA. (I've already sold 5 in 2 weeks). Anyone interested??? Let me know! Teri Temeyosa at Mossy Ford in San Diego.
Old 8/6/05, 12:12 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by 69boss@August 6, 2005, 11:14 AM
OK sorry Teri, you know I love you and all and thank you for your show and coming to ours, but the SDS SUKS......if you could please provide us with some actuall documentation from Ford that proves that these are license from Ford and have a certificate of authenticity I will gladly back off on that, but that still wont change the fact that the whole idea is GAAAAAYY and still looks ugly, now this is my oppinion, I know I saw one at the show last weekend on the embarcadero but the owner was a tool. But as for them being authorized by Ford I am skeptical to that, since I spoke to several salesmen at Encinitas Ford the other day about them and the only proof they could give me was the print out sticker they added to the window sticker and said that was proof enough, I think if Ford built these then they should come with a certificate proving it, otherwise whats the point? Also the $3000 was how much the Encinitas dealer was asking for it over sticker because of the SDS package, it showed the $995 and an additional markup for the package to bump it just over an additional $3000. Now I know we are talking about Encinitas Ford and we all know they are a bunch of morons who dont know their **** from their elbow, but even they should've come up with some proof as to its authenticity. Also the color is called Sonic Blue not true blue. Thanks and I hope you can show us something that proves this is for real and not a scam the dealers of SD got together and created, either way the car still looks dumb and even for the $995 I dont think its worth it, I would order it with the IUP and get the stripes painted on myself and my own aftermarket exhaust for about the same price. I know Ive seen several dealers in SD making V6s look like GTs and selling them, whatever I think its wrong but I am not one of the people buying one of these. Thanks and take care, hope to see you at one of the shows soon and if you see my Aunt before I do, then say hello for me, thanks.